Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Dominic Mako wrote:
I was guilty of cutting the pit exit faster than I should have, but I don't think it was by much. Sorry about that. That dotted line was at the very last minute at Mugello. I believe Metzkill1 actually drove into the grass a bit waiting for the solid line to end. I think I'll practice the next pit offline just to be sure I've got it down right.

Mugello is a difficult pitlane as its not apparent where the exit actually is. I watched all pitstop entries and exits, yours was fine Dom. I was more concerned about the area with the diagonal lines been used, than exiting a little before the broken line. Smile

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:57 pm

A bit late on my comments here, but yeah. Wednesday night was definately fun! I was feeling pretty confident holding down 3rd for awhile then slipping back to 4th and remaining fairly consistent with it. I think it was lap 5 though, Metzkill was closing in, so in order to avoid contact swerving to the outside in oder to apex the chicane... I tried taking the chicane waaaay too far on the inside throwing me off for the second half of it and thus giving everyone behind me the opportunity to pass. Up until that point I was VERY happy with my own performance (especially for being the odd man out car wise Razz) After that, I just kept pushing myself a little to hard and kept making more mistakes...

Personally I love it most though when the positions keep changing or the racing is fairly close. Metzkill, Dom, and Dabraham definately all kept me on my toes (and literally the edge of my seat) for the first 5 laps! And definate props for good communication! Smile
And congratz to everyone on their finishings. Smile

Hoping I can perform a little more consistently in A class this week.

Also... the pit ENTRY on Mugello is just as rediculous! That little S-curve!? Seriously! Who's idea was that??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Yeah that little S turn at the entry sucked hah. I didn't even see it coming, made a straight line out of it of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Metal Kaz 3 wrote:

Also... the pit ENTRY on Mugello is just as rediculous! That little S-curve!? Seriously! Who's idea was that??

Anything to make it that much more.. difficult Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:29 pm

EU lobby went well overall. Good close race.

I have recieved some complaints after the race concerning driver conduct in the race. Repeated corner cutting to gain an advantage. (please read the rules guys)

Race and final results under review. Based on the initial results I will be handing review over to Metzkill1 (if you would be kind enough to review this race as well mate) to avoid any possible conflict of interest on my part.

Look forward to the US lobby at 10PM EST, see you then guys.

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:24 am

US lobby went well. Good race guys. My times from the race will not be entered, although I couldn't resist an early pitstop to get some clean air and push a little to compare my time on track with you guys. Smile

I will be taking the quickest lap time of you guys (mine will obviously not be entered) but will have to check the replay.

Look forward to racing with you all again next week.

Will be posting the results later today Smile

DK
Back to top Go down
mr harms
mr harms

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:25 am

had a great time! thanks so much dk for everything. this is the reason why i joined flr Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:26 am

Harms great race mate you make that lambo very very wide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:26 pm

US A Class Race Round 1 Under review. Final results will be delayed.

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:13 am

The attitudes of some people on this board are getting the better of them. If I see any more derrogatory comments concerning other drivers, teams, myself or the series I have taken the time (A lot of time) and effort to put together, I will be first issuing warnings and then if unheeded subsequent 24 hours bans (Read cooling off periods).

If the problem persists I will not hesitate to issue further longtime bans, to any driver / Team Leader or second in command. ANY member that is abusive or unruly.

Lately people are loosing sight of what FLR is supposed to be about FUN first and foremost, and an avenue to enhance your Forza experience. But that experience will only improve based on the community, not on childish and quite rude remarks or attitudes in some cases.

Have you all forgotten what you posted on your driver applications? A common, very common theme running in most applications included the following...

Why do you want to join FLR: To meet like minded, MATURE individuals to enhance my overall forza experience.

The AUP is there for a reason. You agreed to it when you signed up.

I understand that people are upset about a 1st lap incident in the US lobby, this IS being dealt with. As with any review I hand it over to someone I feel I can trust (one that is not an interested party and I take into consideration their view. Although in the US lobby I have the final say.

This isn't public lobby racing, the rules are there for a reason. Read them.

People currently under review from both A Class lobbies.

EU Lobby

RavinRabidRob -

1. Multiple accounts of cutting corners to seemingly gain or maintain an advantage.
2. 3 incidents in race where contact was made.

Punkers82 -

1. Several accounts of cutting corners to seemingly gain or maintain an advantage.

US Lobby

Stevil1399 -

1. First lap race incident where contact was made with Roper2756

People can expect either of the following -

1. No action at all
2. Time based penalty
3. Team Points Reduction
4. Disqualification from the race.

Previosuly, earlier in the week (B Class race) certain drivers were under review based on either their pit entry, exit or both.

I decided to take no further action in the first week to give people the benifit of the doubt as it is a tricky pitlane to navigate. Any subsequent race drivers will recieve penalties in regards to pit entry or exit.

DK No
Back to top Go down
mr harms
mr harms

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:09 am

GibberMD wrote:
Harms great race mate you make that lambo very very wide.

gotta work with what it got Wink but yes it was an absolute blast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:42 am

DK Rahne wrote:
The attitudes of some people on this board are getting the better of them. If I see any more derrogatory comments concerning other drivers, teams, myself or the series I have taken the time (A lot of time) and effort to put together, I will be first issuing warnings and then if unheeded subsequent 24 hours bans (Read cooling off periods).

If the problem persists I will not hesitate to issue further longtime bans, to any driver / Team Leader or second in command. ANY member that is abusive or unruly.

Lately people are loosing sight of what FLR is supposed to be about FUN first and foremost, and an avenue to enhance your Forza experience. But that experience will only improve based on the community, not on childish and quite rude remarks or attitudes in some cases.

Have you all forgotten what you posted on your driver applications? A common, very common theme running in most applications included the following...

Why do you want to join FLR: To meet like minded, MATURE individuals to enhance my overall forza experience.

The AUP is there for a reason. You agreed to it when you signed up.

I understand that people are upset about a 1st lap incident in the US lobby, this IS being dealt with. As with any review I hand it over to someone I feel I can trust (one that is not an interested party and I take into consideration their view. Although in the US lobby I have the final say.

This isn't public lobby racing, the rules are there for a reason. Read them.

People currently under review from both A Class lobbies.

EU Lobby

RavinRabidRob -

1. Multiple accounts of cutting corners to seemingly gain or maintain an advantage.
2. 3 incidents in race where contact was made.

Punkers82 -

1. Several accounts of cutting corners to seemingly gain or maintain an advantage.

US Lobby

Stevil1399 -

1. First lap race incident where contact was made with Roper2756

People can expect either of the following -

1. No action at all
2. Time based penalty
3. Team Points Reduction
4. Disqualification from the race.

Previosuly, earlier in the week (B Class race) certain drivers were under review based on either their pit entry, exit or both.

I decided to take no further action in the first week to give people the benifit of the doubt as it is a tricky pitlane to navigate. Any subsequent race drivers will recieve penalties in regards to pit entry or exit.

DK No
Anything that is to be discussed with any of the team members of VTR will please go through me. I have spoke with the majority of my team mates and we will have one voice to speak with and that voice will be myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:20 pm

As far as some of the "incidents" and other things under review, I've watched the replay very closely several times, and have my own personal opinion on some the events mentioned. Though I have not really voiced my opinion because A.) I do not care to come under fire for them, or have my words twisted. and B.) I was not asked to.

But I honestly do hope that whatever matters are arising whether they be on display or via PM, I hope we deal with them swiftly and firmly, but still in a fair and mature manner.

Last edited by Metal Kaz 3 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Final US Lobby Race Positions

DriverTeamPoints
GibberMDAAM5 Points
Mr HarmsPLR3 Points
Killer KazPLR2 Points
Roper2756VTRN/A
CommandAlpha12PLRN/A
PaganSilverwolfAAMN/A
Stevil1399**AAMDQ'd

US Fastest lap: Killer Kaz - 1:54.217 - 5 Points

** - Driver disqualified, due to a 1st lap incident.

In viewing the race footage, I have come to the conclusion that the conduct of driver #113 (Stevil1399) was not acceptable. I have viewed the car's telemetry and found that in no shape or form did Stevil at any point lift of the gas and / or brake to avoid further contact. He did infact continue to accelerate and even change up a gear.
This fact is also underlined that there was no subsequent communication before or after the incident took place on the part of Stevil1399.
Note: After reviewing the race footage AAM's team Leader also found Stevil1399 at fault.

In light of the race footage viewed, the only course of action to be taken was a disqualification.

Further to an incident of this type happening again, I will first issue a DQ and even debate subtraacting team points based on the severity of the incident. If this inccident is repeated by the same driver more than once, I will be handing out a one race ban to compensate for this.

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:25 pm

To everyone involved in Series as well as those that have any questions. I was made aware that I was the cause of the incident at the start of the WS US Class A race last night. Until that point I didn't know I was even involved in the contact that caused Roper to hit the wall.
I just viewed the replay from DK's storefront, and yes I was at fault. I immediately got bumped twice on my right, the computer lagged and I was looking right and back when it happened to avoid getting bumped again by the car that originally contacted me.
In the reasons given for disqualification, (I) I never let off the accelerator and (II) never acknowledge the incident should tell you one of two things; (A) I race dirty with complete disregard for other drivers, or (B) I was looking back and right to avoid being hit, the computer lagged, I tagged Roper's bumper and caused him to spin out. The fact that we were accelerating and weight differences in the cars I feel are factors as to why I didn't feel it when we made contact and therefore at the time did not know I was involved. You can decide for yourselves whether it is A or B.
As I said, I was unaware at the time that it happened, but this is not an excuse and I take full responsibility. Roper, again, please accept my sincere apology. I'm removing myself from the series given the response this has elicited. My goal is to always race cleanly and competitively and I apologize to all for not meeting this goal. Again my apologies to Roper and all those affected by my mistake. Steve
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Stevil - DK and others I guess can weigh in, but that doesn't mean you should just quit. If anything, my feeling (and I haven't raced with you, but did see the replay) is you can stay in the series and prove it was a fluke and still have some fun, clean racing.

The response above is admirable that you accepted the fault, not withstanding any other issues that might have got in your way to avoid the incident (lag, other hits, etc.).

Again, you need to do what you feel is right, but I don't think it is to just drop out. It may be hard to come back in the driver standings, but this is a team competition more than driver, so you could still very much help AAM.

I'm saying this and I'm part of PLR and race the B class, but I am helping run and coordinate for both classes. Everyone makes mistakes and now at least you have given your side and accepted fault. You should continue to race in the series as it will only help you gain experience and gain the respect of the other drivers.

Just my thoughts as we, as FLR in whole, need to get through this and have fun racing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Well said Metz.

Shiz happens, let's move along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Yikes, I know my turn-in timing sucks and I clipped the grass on the inside a number of times, but I didn't think I was cutting corners considering I lost time each and everytime I went over the curb, lol. D:

Oh well, more practice! lol ;D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm

To all parties involved:

I would like to send a "please do not go" invite out, included those who took part in the US Lobby A Class incident.

FLR, nor I, nor my teammates, want to see any of you leave. If you voluntarily withdraw, and feel it is best, then that is your decision.

Just know that no one wants it to have to come to that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:03 pm

I will try to honour my commitments to the World Series, as people have worked too hard for it all to go to waste.

If people and teams wish to continue then post here or reply to me via PM.

DK

Last edited by DK Rahne on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:06 pm

I will be continuing. Most fun i have had in ages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:13 pm

PLR will be continuing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 pm

I'm still in, but discouraged that's for sure.

I'm still learning lines and turn-in timing and this might as well be a multi class race. ;\
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 am

Just wanna get a word in on the first few pages of comments.

Firstly the S5 is the best because its an Audi, who signed a deal with turn 10 that would allow turn 10 to have experts from audi help with racing and car physics etc etc...Heres the official quote 'YES TURN 10 BUT IN RETURN FOR OUR HELP, YOU WILL PROMISE THAT OUR CARS WILL ALWAYS LOOK THE BEST AND WE PROMISE YOUR GAME WILL BE FANTASTIC'. Thats why they beat everything except on specialist tracks like Tsukuba or Maple Valley but even leaderboard tunes appear for them coz racers just cant let it go.

Running an S5 will automatically put everyone else into a corner. Some may say 'I love driving the S5 anyway i just like the car' but 99% of people who love THE GAME would probably wish there was a more even ground between cars which to an extent there is but really? not quite! Top ten racers are FAST, VERY FAST, and with that they are mostly seasoned all through Forza 2 or have a wide knowledge of cars and can damn well tune just to make things a bit more difficult. Now 99% of S5 USERS who are not top 10 racers or top 100 racers I will bet use the S5 because they know they can win in the car much easier, we are men and we are competitive by nature!... but thats an easy win and its boring most of the time. At least when you enter a room of high end Veterans or Legends in a Public room they tend not to select the S5.... They only generaly use them for leaderboard times, and thats my view on the S5. GREAT CAR THO! LOL

For the world series it would have been easier to resolve all that chatter about the S5, of which everyone who plays Forza 3 across the world has the very same conversion everyday it seems btw lol, and select 8 races-8 teams for example and each team selects an A Class car and a B Class car and then every team uses 16 different cars throughout the series(A & B) but in each race all teams use the same car. Then teams can really come together and use their tuners and drivers and painters etc and essentially thats what will win the race(not the painters lol). A real team effort!
It then wont just be a reflection of the chosen car but a reflection of how good the team actually is. I think thats easy to understand, so when an announcement is made everyone can crack on and work up their car because its a level ground and no one can complain when everything is fair can they plus its not boring because theres like 8 A class cars and 8 B class cars and at some stage everyone will race a car that they have chosen in a FAIR RACE.

If only I had joined a month or 2 ago eh.

BTW any room for me in this series as some kind of backup for AAM? I understand that its strict but evrything seems a bit up in the air right now, is this thing still running actually?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 am

ToOSk3tChY wrote:

BTW any room for me in this series as some kind of backup for AAM? I understand that its strict but evrything seems a bit up in the air right now, is this thing still running actually?

The Series as for as I can tell is still going on. You would need to ask on the AAM Board about being a reserve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next