Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Empty
PostSubject: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:05 pm

A thread to discuss the proposed ruleset for the FLR World Series. Check out the ruleset HERE

Your driver selection and car selection must be posted in the this thread no later than Monday 1st March 11:59PM EST [GMT -5] any submissions after this will not be allowed entry.
I have taken all the information so far posted within the thread and updated the World Series Team Applications. I have also edited the thread down to ensure that anything posted is updated accordingly.

Registered Teams and drivers

TEAM: PEM Racing
Class / Car: A: Audi S5
Driver #1: Left4Bread
Driver #2: FungustheTurd
Driver #3: RavinRabidRob
Reserve Driver #1: INSECTOSAURUS 2
Class / Car: B: VW Golf GTI MK5
Driver #1: ILeft4Bread
Driver #2: INSECTOSAURUS 2
Driver #3: FungusTheTurd
Reserve Driver #2: RavinRabidRob
Timezone: GMT

TEAM: PLR Racing
Class / Car: A / 2005 Lambo LP640
Driver #1: Killer Kaz
Driver #2: Mr Harms
Driver #3: Hoover1993
Reserve Driver #1: CommandAlpha12

Class / Car: B / Subaru WRX sti '04
Driver #1: The Mac Show
Driver #2: dabranham
Driver #3: Metzkill1
Reserve Driver #2: alcrissam

TEAM: VTR

Class / Car: A: Porcshe Cayman
European Lobby 5PM EST 10PM GMT
Driver #1: Evilhemi13
Driver #2: Punkers82

US Lobby 9PM EST
Driver #3: Metal Kaz 3

Reserve Driver #1: Roper2756
Reserve Driver #2: Ugitsome

Class / Car: B: Porsche Boxter

US Lobby 9PM EST

Reserve Driver #2: Roper2756

TEAM: Apex Addicts Motorsport
Class / Car: A: 2007 Audi S5
Driver #1: GibberMD
Driver #2: PaganSilverwolf
Driver #3: Stevil1399
Reserve Driver #1: Dominic Mako
Class / Car: B: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Driver #1: Dominic Mako
Driver #2: awareofnow
Driver #3: TBA
Reserve Driver #2: FailRacing

TEAM:Top Gear Racing
Class / Car: B Class / Audi S5 2007
Driver #1: Senatorjenkins
Driver #2: Dk Rahne
Driver #3: TONY KEBAB
Reserve Driver #1: NEV WHITE
Reserve Driver #2: Chesney77
Reserve Driver #3: Ironvillan
Class / Car: A Class / Toyota Supra RZ 1998
Driver #1: TONY KEBAB
Driver #2: Ironvillan
Driver #3: DK Rahne
Reserve Driver #1: Chesney77
Reserve Driver #2: NEV WHITE
Reserve Driver #3: Senatorjenkins
Timezone: GMT [GMT -0]

Please use the format below to register you team's participation.

TEAM:
Class / Car:
Driver #1:
Driver #2:
Driver #3:
Reserve Driver #1:
Class / Car:
Driver #1:
Driver #2:
Driver #3:
Reserve Driver #2:
Timezone:

DK

Last edited by DK Rahne on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Team info updated. Thanks Dominic, Kaz 3

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Just to put it out there PLR has all this figured out its just a matter of metz throwing it up here.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:42 pm

TEAM: PLR Racing
Class / Car: A / 2005 Lambo LP640
Driver #1: Killer Kaz
Driver #2: Mr Harms
Driver #3: Hoover1993
Reserve Driver #1: CommandAlpha12

Class / Car: B / Subaru WRX sti '04
Driver #1: The Mac Show
Driver #2: dabranham
Driver #3: Metzkill1
Reserve Driver #2: alcrissam

Timezone: GMT-5

DK - Since this is team based, if there are conflicts, any driver on our team can race in either class when needed correct? Just want to make sure as the above is our qualifying order, but I've promised everyone will get to race at some point (including reserves). Just want to make sure if there are issues, an A class driver can drive in B class and vice versa if needed.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks Metz for the update. Yep if needed I will allow drivers to to cover positions in both classes. Sometimes things have a tendancy of cropping up and I don't want any restrictions in place to limit team participation.

The only restriction in place is that any driver participating has to have been been registered (for this series, as above).

DK

Last edited by DK Rahne on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm

OK, this is as I understood it. Smile

TEAM: VTR

Class / Car: A: Porcshe Cayman

US Lobby 9PM EST

Reserve Driver #1: Roper2756

Class / Car: B: Porsche Boxter

US Lobby 9PM EST

Reserve Driver #2: Roper2756
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:50 am

Hi DK Just for some further clarification:

1.4a - - QUALIFYING LOBBY SETUP

1. Laps : 6
2. Damage Difficulty: Simulated
3. Collision Mode: Always off (This is so no drafting is allowed which would void your lap time via the game mechanics)
4. Grid Ordering: Random
5. Roll off delay: 8s (But dependant on track)
6. End of Race Timer: Unlimited
7. Compare Best Lap: Yes (Winner is the player with the best Lap)

So the qual time will have to be a clean lap buy the game mechaincs standards?

Im only asking this because there are parts of some tracks where you clearly have 2 or more wheels on the road but it flags it as a dirty lap... Just wondering thats all.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:43 am

Mugello is a little more forgiving, but there are a few areas where you need to be careful. Definitely need to keep all four on the track as much as possible!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:13 am

Mugello certainly is, and by no means do i try to cut corners to make it unfair, but getting on the rumble strip in that last section in Catalunya certainly makes for interesting times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:57 am

Is there any contingency to address an involuntary loss of xbox live connection?
Back to top Go down
Saltine713
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Saltine713

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:35 am

TGR has a lot of drivers! Good job!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:03 pm

lol all i see is s5's everyone just pull out the leaderboard cars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:49 pm

a class seems to be the battle of S5's for sure lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Hey Guys our S5 is no leaderboard car. This car Was FungusThe Turd's Tune and it's been modified by each driver to suite thier driving style. Each drivers car is totally different to the next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:47 pm

I think what he meant by calling this out as a leaderboard car was that the S5 model is so prominent among the leaderboards, rather than your specific tune being something represented at the top. I think the fact that so many leaderboard cars were selected is symbolic of teams and participants taking this competition very seriously. Hopefully, that competitiveness won't overwhelm the importance of having a good time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:54 pm

The tune might not be a "leaderboard tune" but I do believe the S5 is considered a "leaderboard car."

But hopefully the competition will be pretty even across the board regardless. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:09 pm

GibberMD wrote:
Hi DK Just for some further clarification:

1.4a - - QUALIFYING LOBBY SETUP

1. Laps : 6
2. Damage Difficulty: Simulated
3. Collision Mode: Always off (This is so no drafting is allowed which would void your lap time via the game mechanics)
4. Grid Ordering: Random
5. Roll off delay: 8s (But dependant on track)
6. End of Race Timer: Unlimited
7. Compare Best Lap: Yes (Winner is the player with the best Lap)

So the qual time will have to be a clean lap buy the game mechaincs standards?

Im only asking this because there are parts of some tracks where you clearly have 2 or more wheels on the road but it flags it as a dirty lap... Just wondering thats all.

Yep, unfortunately due to compare best lap option (which is the only lobby option to do a true qualifying session) is has to be a clean lap by the games mechanics.

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Concerning leaderboard cars, I am saddened really that leaderboard cars seem to have dominated this tournament. I honestly think that in part, the initial choices of cars have had an impact on what cars some teams looked at.

I was hoping teams would opt for something a little different. Either way though I am looking forward to the series.

That aside, this is the first and last series that team's will be able to run leaderboard cars. In future I will be posting a list of cars that are not allowed to be entered.

DK
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:30 pm

DK -
I think you and I communicated regarding this and my suggestion for next time or similar situations is to keep the selections within the "default" class. So, if the class is A, you MUST pick an A car by default and then you can tune, upgrade to the PI max in that class. Similar to what you did in Nascar, although that was default PI too. I realize that would be too hard to do in this case, but this could prevent a lot of tuning up/down out of class and probably take care of the leaderboard issue in most cases.

Isn't the default class for an S5 C-class? Don't think it is A anyway.

Just my two cents, but we have to start somewhere and you've done a great job with all this! No matter what, I'm looking forward to the series and hope it is competitive and everyone uses their "noggin" on the track.

See you tomorrow night for B! Don't be Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:49 pm

I know this is skewing off-topic a bit, but although I agree with Metzkill1 comments regarding class limitations for vehicle selections, I would mention one drawback to that option. Most cars upgraded in the same class are fairly limited in what can be tuned. For example, you can maybe add some tires to a car, and after that everything else is essentially stock, so that you cannot modify gearing or aero. This is a topic that merits further discussion though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 pm

I dont think moving up and down classes is the problem here, there are plenty of C class cars that you could take to A and still not touch an S5. Not that we have any room to talk since our A car and our B car are leaderboard cars. All that said however I bet 99% would secretly jump for joy if they were suddenly banned lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:15 pm

This is really a thin line to work with so to speak, IMO banning a car because its a leaderboard car is good and bad, just because its a LB car doesn't mean the driver is, i ran the S5 in A Class and got my butt handed to me, in the hands of a capable driver tho its hard to beat so i can see both sides of it. Its something that needs to be discussed more i think for sure tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Dominic Mako wrote:
I know this is skewing off-topic a bit, but although I agree with Metzkill1 comments regarding class limitations for vehicle selections, I would mention one drawback to that option. Most cars upgraded in the same class are fairly limited in what can be tuned. For example, you can maybe add some tires to a car, and after that everything else is essentially stock, so that you cannot modify gearing or aero. This is a topic that merits further discussion though.

Yep Most definately. Everyone's input would be great on this subject to address the issue in further competitions.

DK
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:27 pm

All good points guys, and I guess knowing some cars have more upgrade options than others just makes choosing more important. Or, you make sure you are up in class high enough to choose cars that allow you to tune and adjust the most.

I am just looking at this from the point of view that it is always more fun (my opinion) when the competition is close. By keeping within class, everyone will be closer and it comes down to tuning, albeit somewhat limited, and driving style/ability. Could be a good thing b/c everyone is in the "same boat" with whatever is available in that class.

Going by the basic game set up here in that cars are put into classes for a reason; the right reason, who knows? This first event will give us some good things to go by.

On the contrary, nothing says there can't be certain "open class" events where anyone can pick any car they think is bad (in a good way) and bring it to the track to find out. Obviously there still has to be class limitation, but again this would be more like what we are doing now.

I'm one driver who has limited time to be on XBL, so some more restrictive events are better b/c a lot of guess work can be taken out. Less choices, so the car can be upgraded and tuned in shorter time. For some, I'm sure they like the fact they have to test 50 cars before they find one they like for an event. I just don't have the time, but it doesn't make it wrong or not a good idea by any means.

It's all about having a good mix of what everyone wants and so far, I do think DK and others are doing a great job and setting up a lot of choices for us.

Thanks for reading.....am I writing a book here? Have I gone off the deep end with how serious I'm taking this? I'm out...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Ok i dont mean to jump on anyones toes here or anything like that but Metz last comment there about testing umpteen cars to find the one you like, well to me thats exactly what its all about.

I have spent the last week and abit tunning my S5. I have worked very hard to get this car right. I have spent over 200 laps on mugello tunning this S5 to get it the way i like it. and before that i spent 100+ laps in a regular Murci, but i couldnt get it the way that i liked it.

I got in the S5 and thought right ill need a couple of laps here to get close to the time i made in the Lambo... well no i didnt 3rd laps and i had posted a time much faster than the lambo. Why would i then choose the lambo over the S5?

Im here to have fun, but for me fun might be something different then what everyone else thinks it might be for them. Fun for me is trying to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next