Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:19 am

Right,

A Class race tomorrow 10PM EST (GMT-5)
B Class race Saturday 10PM EST (GMT-5)

and any subsequent week after that will be

Wed 10PM EST (GMT-5) B Class
Fri 10PM EST (GMT-5) A Class

Any problems, or questions then feel free to let me know Smile

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Updated the rules to reflect the current changes in participants.

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:06 pm

DK Rahne wrote:
Updated the rules to reflect the current changes in participants.

DK

So my shoddy finish was a moot point!

WOOT

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Oh geez, I thought the UK lobby (5pmEST) was still on, lol. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Nope mate, see my above post. I am not surprised though, the way things have played out this past week. See you at 10PM EST?

DK
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:26 pm

DK - I can't seem to find where you've updated anything on the Thread regarding the lobbies, drivers, teams, etc. Help me mate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 pm

DK Rahne wrote:
Nope mate, see my above post. I am not surprised though, the way things have played out this past week. See you at 10PM EST?

DK
Yup, I'll be on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Um, I think VTR still has to figure out whose racing... Cause it was Me, Punkers, and Evilhemi... but I thought I read that the number of participants was reduced to 2 members per team... meaning we still have to figure out which 2 are continuing in/for what...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Metzkill1 wrote:
DK - I can't seem to find where you've updated anything on the Thread regarding the lobbies, drivers, teams, etc. Help me mate!

I listed the changes I was going to make in an above post, here they are copied from the ruleset.

1.1 -- Team Driver Cap

All team's are now restricted to 2 entrants with at least one other being nominated as reserve driver. (The reserve driver(s) are required to step in if your first drivers are not able to participate). In the event that a reserve driver is needed for the race (and qualifying has already taken place) the reserve driver is permitted to take the qualifying grid position of the driver he is standing in for.
Entrants are now permitted to enter both class categories. This helps teams be able to compete in both categories if there is limited interest within their subsequent team.

1.9 - - Points and their Allocation

Race Points are allocated to the first 3 drivers based on where people finish after race review.

Race Point Allocation

PositionPoints
First10 Points
Second6 Points
Third4 Points

Fastest lap points are allocated to the driver that attains the fastest lap within the race. This result is posted on screen at the end of the race.

Total team race time points are allocated based on your total team race time. Thi is now calculated on both the A Class abd B Class events and will be updated accordingly after both races have been run.

1. The two fastest times are added together from both Class races.
2. The total's are then alloacted points based on who was quickest.
3. Points are distributed as seen below.

The points listed below will be allocated based on team performance.

PositionPoints
1st20 Points
2nd16 Points
3rd8 Points
4th4 Points

Basically the following in a step by step format

It looks now the only options are as follows due to lobby contraints as well as reduced drivers.

1. Reduced team driver allocation to a maximum of 2 per class race. (As discussed with Metz).
2. Both the EU lobby and US lobby will be combined.
3. Total team race time will now be taken from both lobbies. i will post more details on this a little later.
4. If needed will have to rework some aspects of race point allocation.
5. Looking at re-scheduling the B Class race for Saturday night if everyone is in agreement.

Any questions feel free to either PM me or post here.

DK

Last edited by DK Rahne on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Thanks to all who turned up and took part last night in the A Class race. Was a lot of fun Smile

Here's looking towards tonight B Class race (which was delayed from Wednesday). I am expecting participation to be limited tonight due to the delay. Hopefully all will be back to normal next Wednesday.

I will be posting results and points allocation early Sunday

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:32 am

DK my apologies for not making the races this weekend. I am still interested in racing the World series if there is a spot for me. hopefully i'll see everyone on wednesday for the B class, and Welcome to VTR happy to have you on the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 am

No worries mate (sorry I haven't replied earlier, been busy with work) and thanks for the welcome Smile

See you Wednesday

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:46 pm

are you guys willing to accept new teams into the series? i know we have little chance of winning over all, but it would be fun to start
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:10 pm

I thought I mentioned not being able to make it Saturday (as I've always been unable to make it to any events on Saturdays) on the World Series thread, but I guess I must've mentioned it on the VTR WS thread.

But a headsup for tonight, I don't think I'll be able to make it... It's St. Patty's Day, I'm part Irish, and lets just say if my mom found out I DIDN'T drink... she wouldn't be mad... just disappointed... Which we all know is worse.

But in all seriousness, I'll probably be drinking tonight and unable to attend(or even race clean for that matter :p).
Consider it prior obligations. In all honesty, when I entered the series, I didn't know that the Holiday fell on a Wednesday and conflicted with the World Series scheduling... And for that, I do apologize.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm backing out.

It's bad enough that I'm at an immediate disadvantage against a field of leaderboard cars (which isn't the issue, although AWD is not racing), but now my team is gone. There's no sense in me moving forward as theres nothing in it for me other than potentially beating a couple LB cars and placing in the middle, I can do that all day in the public hoppers.

After the first fiasco my schedualed partner seems to have fallen off the planet and any replacement just became lap traffic after a couple laps, useless.

Sorry for screwing anything up, but before you judge, put yourself in a pair of uncompetitive Porsches, be the only one on your team to register points and have your team just drop off. I don't think anyone would bother to continue after that.

/frustration
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Punkers82 wrote:
I'm backing out. It's bad enough that I'm at an immediate disadvantage against a field of leaderboard cars (which isn't the issue, although AWD is not racing), but now my team is gone. There's no sense in me moving forward as theres nothing in it for me other than potentially beating a couple LB cars and placing in the middle, I can do that all day in the public hoppers.

Uhh Im pretty sure this is a racing GAME so.....that doesnt make sense to say AWD isnt racing.....and its we all had the same options avaiable for car choice, including you, you just decided make a different choice. And I dont think life(or a video game for that matter) is about whats in it for YOU its more for the fun and just racing new people and having enjoying the time spent doing it.

Punkers82 wrote:
After the first fiasco my schedualed partner seems to have fallen off the planet and any replacement just became lap traffic after a couple laps, useless.

Dont think calling people from your team lap traffic is really sporting, more insulting if anything. Personal opinion of course.

Punkers82 wrote:
Sorry for screwing anything up, but before you judge, put yourself in a pair of uncompetitive Porsches, be the only one on your team to register points and have your team just drop off. I don't think anyone would bother to continue after that.

/frustration

Again, you chose the car you did so you cant go blaming other people for your own choices. and DK is in the same position as you being the only one from his team, who also opt out and look at him hes having a blast as we all are.

I dont want to hear well if you guys didnt use leaderboard cars blahblahblah you dont know how to race blahblah, again, we ALL had the same options open to us, some decided to take different paths. If REAL money were involved I could see some of the issue here, but this is a game alright, keep it fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:03 pm

I typed up a big response, but then I figured out what's bugging me.

I don't regret entering the world series, in fact it's tons of fun. I'm just frustrated with the team situation. Here I am, dead last in the standings, bustin' my arse just to keep VTR on the board and none of them even farkin' care they just bail.

I know what I said was harsh, about the replacements, but come on man, you know it's true. A farkin' joke.

Honestly, I'm just really corned at myself that I picked the drama queen team at the midpoint of a mental breakdown.

Arg.. Rahne if you still read this thread, don't count me out. I'll keep going for the sake of racing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Punkers82 wrote:

I don't regret entering the world series, in fact it's tons of fun. I'm just frustrated with the team situation. Here I am, dead last in the standings, bustin' my arse just to keep VTR on the board and none of them even farkin' care they just bail.

I know what I said was harsh, about the replacements, but come on man, you know it's true. A farkin' joke.

Honestly, I'm just really corned at myself that I picked the drama queen team at the midpoint of a mental breakdown.

Arg.. Rahne if you still read this thread, don't count me out. I'll keep going for the sake of racing.

Hey, I really respect you for a comment like that seriously. Takes a big man to come out and say and and you know, and hey I totally understand what your saying I know your situation is cornbeef seriously, for all of us. And hey I know its hard not having the team you wanted but I know your a good racer lets hope you stick around on a different team we need more people like you who can actually post a standup comment about something and accept their situation.

Right on seriously. Hope to see you on more often!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Keep your head up Punkers. The way things went down with VTR was shocking and I'm glad to see several of you guys sticking around.

Think of your situation like a real life racing team. Your backers pull out, your sponsors bail and your left with a privateer car. The best drivers keep driving and hope to get noticed. Forza is a bit different but you've showed up. Make the best of what you have and maybe next season you'll have a better ride with a posh sponsor and run away with the thing. Time to rebuild, that's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Punkers if you want time to hang out and take it easy let me know and you can jump aboard with us. It'll give you time to relax, but still enjoy the World Series.

I still have a lot to work on but rest assured you'll have a team that won't have any drama in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Punkers I know its frustrating mate. Think how I feel when I have taken the time to put this together and its all been resorted to a shadow of what it was meant to be.

To others that have chimed in concerning VTR, it hasn't been just the fault of one team, it has been several events that have gotten us to this point. Not to mention more than one team leaving FLR or the world series.

To point fingers, even at people that aren't here isn't going to change the situation. As far as I am concerned I hold several people responsible, for the state of the World Series. But quite simply I have neither the time nor the inclination to waste anymore of my time on them to be honest. These people know who they are, and I will be thinking twice before allowing them to take part in anything else I put together.

To make light of the time and the effort it has taken to get the series up and running and maintain that, is quite simply disheartening, and not even an apology from them to boot.

The A Class event as you know was re-scheduled to Sunday at the same time. I will update the ticker to reflect this.

I have to apologise, concerning my inactivity the past couple of days. My daughter was admitted to hospital at the end of school yesterday due to a very nasty broken arm. A temporary cast was applied overnight, on the understanding that she underwent surgery today. She has had two pins inserted into her arm and is in terrible pain. Procedure went well, and hopefully things can get back to normal for her, pretty soon.

I will endure to finish this series, even despite it being a one horse race now, due to the reduction in numbers. But if people want to continue to race then, I am happy to.

DK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:14 pm

DK Rahne wrote:
Punkers I know its frustrating mate. Think how I feel when I have taken the time to put this together and its all been resorted to a shadow of what it was meant to be.

To others that have chimed in concerning VTR, it hasn't been just the fault of one team, it has been several events that have gotten us to this point. Not to mention more than one team leaving FLR or the world series.

To point fingers, even at people that aren't here isn't going to change the situation. As far as I am concerned I hold several people responsible, for the state of the World Series. But quite simply I have neither the time nor the inclination to waste anymore of my time on them to be honest. These people know who they are, and I will be thinking twice before allowing them to take part in anything else I put together.

To make light of the time and the effort it has taken to get the series up and running and maintain that, is quite simply disheartening, and not even an apology from them to boot.

The A Class event as you know was re-scheduled to Sunday at the same time. I will update the ticker to reflect this.

I have to apologise, concerning my inactivity the past couple of days. My daughter was admitted to hospital at the end of school yesterday due to a very nasty broken arm. A temporary cast was applied overnight, on the understanding that she underwent surgery today. She has had two pins inserted into her arm and is in terrible pain. Procedure went well, and hopefully things can get back to normal for her, pretty soon.

I will endure to finish this series, even despite it being a one horse race now, due to the reduction in numbers. But if people want to continue to race then, I am happy to.

DK

Got any sweet pics of the arm....no kidding kidding sorry...Thats awful I know how much my parents freaked out when I broke mine so must be hard for ya. Hey like we always say real life comes first so take care of that before anything else.
Back to top Go down
mr harms
mr harms

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:15 am

Punkers82 wrote:

thats a stand up thing to say....lord knows most everyone would agree with you.

just have fun with it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:33 am

First off...DK you don't apologize for anything. You are the biggest victim of all. You now have 2 teams that left you and you put all this together; then get slapped in the face repeatedly. Complete BS. And regarding your daughter, life in general, take care of that FIRST! Let me know if I can help in any way, although I'm out of town til Wed evening.

Punkers - thanks for reconsidering. Find a team and keep going. You and I have battled and it's been fun.

People really need to read and accept what FLR is all about. It clearly states this is NOT a pro/ultra competitive type group. If people want to create serious series within, then fine and it can be billed as such. But, this is supposed to be fun and more recreational.

I finished 4th out of 5 last Wednesday and so what. I wanted to just try some things with my wheel/pedal setup and it cost me, but so what. I learned some things and still had fun.

In real racing, any series, there is quite a bit of disparity from 1st to worst. It just happens and helps me get better when things go wrong. Heck, we even restart sometimes when someone makes a mistake. That doesn't happen in real life.

Finally, this ISN'T real life! No one's career or life depends on it. Let's move forward and have some fun. See the b class racers Wed. I'll have no time until about an hour before the race, so lookout!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Punkers - I do apologize for my repeated absenses in the World Series. But as I stated in the VTR team boards (which are now deleted) I have a lot of real life things going on... birthdays, taxes, and new 2nd job (now putting me at 12 hours straight of work a day and working 6 out of 7 days a week...), and other more personal matters I'd rather not mention. I've tried to participate as much as I could and do whatever I can to ensure that SOMEONE was present to take my place to represent my team. I still cannot apologize enough though for being unable to keep up with something I did commit to. And for that much, I am sorry.

As for "replacements" and "lap traffic." I know for a fact, I've done the worse out of the whole series, which I CANNOT understand why, considering any other lobbies I'll finish mid-field AT LEAST or better, against respectable opposition. Honestly this World Series has made me question my own skill level more than any experience of online gaming. I've never been so disappointed with my own performance... But even so, I'm not one to quit. Though I will admit I now have been considering avoiding racing on such competitive levels in the future.

I really am sorry that everything went down the way it has, and that you feel abandoned by myself and the rest of VTR. That was NEVER my intention.

I honestly learned of VTR's resignation after the fact and found no evidence of why or any details explaining what lead up to it. (Which honestly I find myself irritated with whoever deleted such information without relaying it to any members of that team! I was only offline from FLR for TWO days. That's it. I came back with no team, no reason why, no information leading up to, no info on what became of the team upon leaving, NOTHING. Nothing but Saltine's message stating that I should find another team... I'm sorry to call anyone out on this, but I found this GREATLY frustrating to left completely in the dark)

With all that said, again, I just wanna say, Punkers, I AM sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.   FLR World Series Discussion and Comments. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLR World Series Discussion and Comments.
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next