Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results

Go down 
+4
turtletime74
Marxist Llama
EZT MAKO 6669
Retpetty
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:24 pm

no worries man. I sent a couple messages, but didnt want to keep bugging you.

you may have sent it after i got out of FM3.

Thanks

BTW: ill be running this ( my attempt at copying an old trans am car)..... or Rumps, Sox and Martin Cuda
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Forza3
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Forza2
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 2_1970_ford_mustang_boss_302_trans_

I still need to make some of the sponsor stickers myself. So far i have just completed the Hurst one
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Stevil, or anyone else lol, is it okay if I record this race (and the rest in the series)? I might make a montage for FLR with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm sure we will all save the race replays. I'm going to use them as photo ops (should be some nice shots available). I have never heard anyone complain before. About to unveil my charger for the first time Razz
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:29 pm

have to post pics of it Billy for us all to see Smile
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Nice race guys, it was clean and everyone had fun (Rumple probably the only exception).

Unfortunately I may need someone to review the race for me, on laps 17 and 18 (I think) I slightly cut one half of the hairpin, I tried to stab the brakes to make up for it and those lap times ended up being 2 seconds off my best, but I'll still feel guilty if someone doesn't confirm whether it was okay or not.

Anyway, road atlanta next week = oh cornbeef, last place here I come.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 am

u can gift me the replay if you want and i'll take a look Smile
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:25 am

Hello all,

I had lots of fun, I wasn't really in the right mindset at the time. I was being bombarded by an angry pregnant woman's phone calls.

She was so sweet before I knocked her up. Shocked

Heh, I'm such a bastard. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am

LMAO

How was the pizza Rumple?
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Totinos never disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Good to hear lol. One of the highlights of the race:

Stevil: "What lap are we on?"
Everybody: "11"
Rumple: "9"

And then my constant frustration of getting 1:20.1xx lap times lol, I wanted to break 1:20 SO BADLY, but I eventually did it!

Someone should do a write up. I might if I can find the time and the replay on the SF as I was away from the action most of the time Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:50 pm

I had a really fun time with that race.

8eleven.. good race man. you had that Vette smoking.

You talking about the square hairpin? I dont think that would have changed the outcome, if you cut through it.

Somewhere around 20 or so i almost lost it in that corner and ended up cutting part of it too. but it didnt gain me any ground. Those cars are very picky, if you brake wrong the rear end starts to slide around. I got tires off the track a couple times.

When i was chasing you i never saw you cut any corners.

Great race everyone. look forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks man, you did well with the Boss too... that thing can accelerate. You almost caught me a few times coming out of the last sweeping turn. I don't know why but it seems that the Vette can corner pretty well... must be in the 1000 lbs less lol. I have a feeling you would have passed me eventually, but I looked and I was 10 seconds ahead... I was like "wut?"

Our lap times were close! o_0 Less than .1 second separated them.

And yeah, coming out of the hairpin I misjudged the line and turned in too early, one time was completely my fault and the other I corrected and it sent me to the inside (which in hind sight is also my fault rofl). That's why I wanted someone to review those laps for me.

I have a feeling Savage will win this next one, Road Atlanta is my arch nemesis.

2 things I learned:
1. Driving an enduroish race with a muscle car is anything but easy
2. Qualifying is not for me lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Lots of fun all! Sorry about the end Stevil, hope i didn't block you off in that last lap, my cars brakes failed or something then they randomly worked. Good close racing between you, me, and fail Smile
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:35 pm

Nobody can say anything about the qualifier. I was actually present for that.

Although, I had TCS off. Because I am a goober. Never negate something you've gotten used to right before the formal race.

We need to add a drool smiley on here, one that looks like he's taken a few too many to the dome and needs a helmet? It'll work like this... :rumple:.

Do it, just make sure he has a red pointy hat. I won't be offended.

Next race, fellas. Once the Squirrel is done, ya'll better watch yo nuts! Wait... What? No homo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:03 pm

I was happy to settle for 3rd then my car or the ge decided to throw me a loop. I watched the replay and on lap 17 my car did shift from 2nd to reverse for some reason, dis make it intresting runnin Billy and stevil down. I got tons of pics from replay that I will get on my sf and loaded when o get my laptop back. On my iPod touch
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Anyone got the replay on their Storefront?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:47 pm

8Eleven, I had a chance to review the replay and you did a great job, I mean it, amazing. With that said, on the laps in question you did go almost 2 car widths off the track. I don't think this was intentional, and I know the cars can be a handful, but we did establish what on/of track was before the race.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, or make an example, but I think to maintain consistancy with the established rules, you'll have to give up your 1st place finish and take an 8th place finish. Sorry this has to be done, but the way the series is set up, only your best 5 of 7 races count. Thanks for your understanding.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Alright, I understand. Hopefully the next time I will have a cleaner race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:07 pm

You're too cool 8Eleven - I'm just joking, had to keep you on your toes - you took that one and ran it home. AWSOME JOB!
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

lol Stevil... I will get you back for that one xD

thanks LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm

I want to thank and congratulate everyone on a great kick off to the muscle car series. It can be a little challenging racing with people you don't know, especially in crazy powerful muscle cars. I think we all had a great time.
Everyone settled in very quickly and the race was on. 8Eleven and Savage out front, and then you name it after that - except for the one other true consistant driver - Rumple. He went 3 laps down to retrive his Totino's Pizza from the oven and never recovered, but was quite satisfied with the fresh out the oven treat!
I didn't have my lap counter, or anything else turned on, otherwise I would have known I ran almost half the race in 3rd - probably better to not know. In the end Fail went by me and Billy like he had just put in a fresh bottle of NO2, which left Billy and I to duke it out for 4th, as we had been doing the whole race. We may have "touched" once or twice, but really just ran on tight, fun race. In the end, I let him edge by - kidding - he spanked me in the last turn and got well earned forth by 2 car lengths.
Again, thank you to all, and I look forward to next week, as the Challengers', Chargers' and Mustangs go slip-sliding-away on Road Atlanta, while the Corvettes just hug the corners and grab positions like we were running against Kia's. See you all in Gainsville GA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:49 pm

lol Stevil, good joke there on 8-11!

I was sitting here like "really.....1st to 8th???? that sux! Kinda harsh!"

Again great time racing! Good set up Stevil
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:49 pm

^^ Well... one corvette at least. I will be joining the other muscle cars seeing as Road Atlanta is my worst track rofl

^ I know... if it actually was true though I wouldn't have been upset though lol
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Write up:

Qualifying round had no damage to speak of since collisions were off.

Starting order (from our qualifying round):

SavageTheDragon
PaganSilverwolf
Stevil1399
x 8Eleven
TURTLETIME74
Billly Mayes
FailRacing
RUMPLEXXXSKIN

Final Placing:
x 8Eleven *
SavageTheDragon
FailRacing
Billly Mayes
Stevil1399
PaganSilverwolf
TURTLETIME74
RUMPLEXXXSKIN (DNF)

A * notes best lap of the game.

The first lap, be as uneventful as it was since it was a "rolling start" lap - we all got into our qualifying lineup and raced slowly so as not to lose anyone - was fun as we were all zig zagging around the track for fun. As we approached the starting line the race was almost over for Rumple as it began due to a mixup over if he was clear or not. Of the people confused by this, Stevil got hit the worst as he lost 3 positions, and then got shunted while accelerating.

Rolling into the first corner, there were a few passes, that led to 8Eleven, Billy Mayes and Fail gaining positions, and Pagan, Turtletime and Stevil losing positions, as the latter two took each other out coming out of the corner. As the raced chugged on, we would see 8Eleven take over Savage after a long fought battle, and Savage closely trailing 8Eleven, and Stevil, Billly, Pagan and Fail would change places constantly during the whole race. Turtletime had dropped to 7th after taking heavy cosmetic damage, and Rumple parked his car on the side of the road to have a pizza - when asked how it was, he replied:

Quote :
Totinos never disappoint.

Which is true, but unfortunately for him, when he got back after his pizza adventure, he was 3 laps down! As the laps went on, everyone's tires began to lose grip, sending them into slides, drifts, and in one person's case, full-on spins! Everyone pitted at roughly the same time, except for Rumple as he inexplicably parked beside the pits, then left the game. Fail's transmission took on a mind of it's own as it went from 2nd gear to reverse, costing him 2 positions. 8Eleven and Savage also turned this moment into a contest to see who could get the first sub 1:20 lap time, but almost as it was initiated, Savage pulled off an extremely fast 1:19.956, causing everyone else to yell out "cheat code gamesharker" LOL.

Shortly after getting out of the pits, Savage overshot a corner and his back tire got caught, forcing him to almost come to a standstill. 8Eleven pulled away and wasn't seen again, then went on to set two 1:19 times, one of which was clean, and at 1:19.668 was the fastest lap of the race. A little further back, Fail, Stevil and Billy continued to trade places, and even paint at some points, as they all scrambled to outcorner each other in each turn.

As the final laps went, the places were pretty much settled, save for Billy and Stevil who were still fighting tooth and nail for 4th place. Billy eventually won out just at the checkered flag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:05 am

i'll post my pics up in a few days, i ran the last 5 laps and noticed my tail lights had got busted, i found out when seems stevil noticed my calvin decal and first chance he got to me my lights got busted........lol, jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next