Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]

Go down 
+3
Metzkill1
Toasterr x
Rockon2dawn
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Empty
PostSubject: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 am

Can all team leaders please start preparing their teams?
Time/Date set: 29th of May @ 8pm GMT+0
Smile

Rules:
#1: Clean Racing Please
#2: Car must be as stated below
#3: NO SF Tunes (I am trusting you guys, please don't let me or fellow racers down)
#4: Team Vinyl's only, no SF paints.
#5: All Assists Off - Braking line only is allowed
#6: A Pit Stop IS Necessary between laps 8-18 (if you are damaged in say.. the first lap or any lap.. if you pit to repair, this will count as you're pit stop.. but do NOT abuse this by deliberate crashing on the last corner Razz)

Scarping sides in a corner = fair enough.. bumping is not allowed, meaningful contact will NOT be accepted and will be decided by the race officials if it was deliberate or not by watching replays. If it is, it may involve a time addition - potentially dropping you a place or two.

Track:
Le Mans Bugatti - 22 Laps - Lobby A
Mugello Full - 20 Laps - Lobby B

Lobby:
Lobby A is for the Fastest drivers in the race groups
Lobby B is for the second fastest drivers in the race (perhaps a more fun/less competitive race?)

Winner:
First in each lobby = 30
Second in each lobby = 25
Third in each lobby = 20
Fourth in each lobby = 15
Fifth in each lobby = 10
Sixth in each lobby = 8
Seventh in each lobby = 6
Eighth in each lobby = 4
Bonus Points:
Overall Lowest time (added from both lobby's) = 15
Fastest Lap in each lobby = 15

[EDIT] ^ Revamped Point System to make it more competitive, what do you guys think?

And you guessed it, the team with most points.. WINS Very Happy

Date: Saturday 29th May @ 8pm GMT+0

Car:
Lobby A: 2006 Corvette ZO6 (Cheap and fun to drive)
Rules on car: Must be kept RWD, Must not exceed A600, NO Aero Upgrades - to make things interesting Razz
Lobby B: 2005 BMW M3 E46 Coupe
Rules on car: Must be kept RWD, must not exceed A600, NO Aero Upgrades - Doesn't need it Wink

The benchmark lap: Each team may wish to scare the opposing teams by posting their times, so the benchmark A time shall be for going around Le Mans Bugatti in the Completed Corvette ZO6 and round mugello full circuit in the completed BMW for benchmark B.

Prize: For Lobby A: My 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS (R3 - Impossible to drive but its fun to cruise in Razz) and You'll officially be the fastest team in FLR (ace or what?)

Teams (Pit Lane):

Can i ask Team Leaders to please PM me their Race information such as racers, benchmark times and when they are ready, Thanks.

-EUR-
Lobby A Racer: I Am Afroduck
Lobby B Racer: Serayen
Benchmark A: 1:43
Benchmark B:
Ready?:

-MCE- Cannot Attend due to Inactivity
Lobby A Racer:
Lobby B Racer:
Benchmark A:
Benchmark B:
Ready?:

-GBR-
Lobby A Racer: RobinVaults
Lobby B Racer: Niff343
Benchmark A:
Benchmark B:
Ready?:

-PLR-
Lobby A Racer: LBAW Monkeyfish
Lobby B Racer: Killer Kaz
Benchmark A: 1.41
Benchmark B: 1.57
Ready?:

-MSM-
Lobby A Racer: Retpetty
Lobby B Racer: AngelofAnarchy07
Benchmark A:
Benchmark B:
Ready?:

-APM-
Lobby A Racer: Captain Sman
Lobby B Racer:
Benchmark A:
Benchmark B:
Ready?:

-RSR-
Lobby A Racer: Brett Master5
Lobby B Racer: Lessthanokay
Benchmark A: Mid 1:46
Benchmark B: 2:00
Ready?:

-USAF-
Lobby A Racer:
Lobby B Racer:
Benchmark A:
Benchmark B:
Ready?:

RESULTS!!:

Lobby A replay is on Retpetty's SF
Lobby B replay is on Serayen's SF

Lobby A:
1. GBR: RobinVaults 1.43.174 - 38:36.137
2. MSM: Retpetty 1.44.313 - 39:09.221
3. EUR: I Am Afroduck 1.44.784 - 39:18.838
4. RSR: Brett Master5 1.48.026 - 41:37.800
FL: GBR: RobinVaults

Lobby B:
1. EUR: Serayen 1:58.187 - 40:21.050
2. RSR: x 8Eleven 1:59.092 - 41:18.533
3. MSM: Angel0fAnarchy7 2:02.791 - 42:04.384
FL: EUR: Serayen

Overall times:
1. EUR: 79:39.888
2. MSM: 81:13.605
3. RSR: 82:56.333

Team Results:
1.EUR: 80
2.GBR: 45
3.MSM: 45
3.RSR: 40

15 Points for overall lowest time is still to be added.

EUR are the champions! Very Happy

x 8Eleven's write up for lobby b:

The racers were Serayen, x 8Eleven and Angel0fAnarchy, and this was the starting order.

On turn 1 of Lap 1, x 8Eleven almost crashed into Serayen, and went wide while trying to countersteer, and ended up deep in a sand trap, putting him about 5 seconds behing Angel0fAnarchy. An amazing start to the race indeed. On turn 3, Angel tried to pass Serayen on the outside and went wide, making me think that Serayen had some sort of reflective shield around and in front of him. As the first lap raged on, 8Eleven gained on Angel0fAnarchy and pulled off the pass on the last turn putting him in second. This is how the order stayed for pretty much the rest of the race.

On laps 2 to 10, nothing eventful happened. By Lap 11, Serayen and Angel0fAnarchy had both pitted but Serayen was still out of 8Eleven's line of sight with a 7 second lead, if that tells you how far ahead he was. He then pulled away to a 45-second lead by the time 8Eleven pitted in lap 12.

On laps 14 to 19, again they were pretty uneventful. On lap 20, Serayen crossed the finish line a minute ahead of 8Eleven, who crossed the finish line 30 seconds ahead of Angel0fAnarchy.

Retpetty's write up for Lobby A:

Grid Lineup:

1.BrettMaster5
2.Retpetty
3.I Am Afroduck
4.Robinvaults

As the lights turn green Robinvaults takes advantage of everyones
wheelspin and catapults from last on the grid to a commanding 100ft
lead entering the Dunlop chicane.

Brett Master5 dealing with lag takes the inside line at the chicane but
has to take to the gravel trap to avoid heavy contact with Retpetty.

Robinvaults, Repetty and I Am Afroduck all stay within viewing distance
for the first lap with Afroduck slowly closing the gap to Retpetty with
a smoother driver line.

Lap 2 sees Afroduck taking advantage of Retpetty locking up on his
entry to Garage Vert and overtakes down the inside.

His extra horsepower allows him to open up a gap down the back
straight but powerslides through Turns 7 and 8 allow Retpetty to close
right back up and attack down the inside of Turn 9 and pass through Turn 10.

With Repetty and Afroduck locked in some side by side racing,
Robinvaults along with impressive laptimes opens up a daunting
lead of close to 2000ft by the end of lap 2.

Lap 3 sees Afroduck putting Retpetty under pressure with several faints
down the inside but the gap holds at around 30ft

Afroduck and Retpetty proceed to post extremely similar times for the
remainder of the race and Robinvaults is just in a league of his own.

Last edited by Rockon2dawn on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 69 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:43 am

Great idea! Let's make it happen!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:27 pm

I like the idea... I doubt I'm the best driver to represent RSR, but if the scheduling works out I'd be happy to participate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Looks to be pretty competitive. I hope to see MCE at the top!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Seems like a pretty cool idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Quote :
NO Aero Upgrades - to make things interesting
The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] No-darth_vader
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Buldzjin wrote:
Quote :
NO Aero Upgrades - to make things interesting
The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] No-darth_vader

Haha, how not?
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:30 pm

This sounds enjoyable, although I won't be racing in this - I'm far from elite xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Sounds like a good fun race. Im into the idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:17 am

I could represent...but I would be representing teh suck. Sounds like a great concept/idea though...hope it happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 am

Sorry for the pointless post, but
redfurylll wrote:
I could represent...but I would be representing teh suck.
ROFL Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:21 am

What a cracking idea! Im not part of a team (yet) and would be nowhere near good enough but it would make excellent viewing!
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks guys, now i just need to see what the team leaders think and ofc salt Razz
Also i think you guys are under-estimating yourself's, a bit of practice and you can get just as good as those best in your team Smile Don't give up without a fight Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:26 am

But yes, this is really interesting.

And I was saying the vadernoooo for "no wings" because I'm a wing addict Smile
I'm much smoother and faster with them, it fits my driving style I guess hehe
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 am

Buldzjin wrote:
But yes, this is really interesting.

And I was saying the vadernoooo for "no wings" because I'm a wing addict Smile
I'm much smoother and faster with them, it fits my driving style I guess hehe

Most people are faster with wings :p or.. you could always brink red bull! Wink
The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Red-bull-gives-you-wings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:45 am

rockon2dawn wrote:
or.. you could always brink red bull! Wink

Never, ever brink a red bull! It'll only end in tears.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 am

Fine, have some iron bru and fly away with a snowman
The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Me_8ia80pfvrv1
Wait, I'm not sure if you get Iron Bru in some countries, seen as it is a Scotish drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:45 am

-PLR-
First Racer: LBAW Monkeyfish
Second Racer: Killer Kaz
Benchmark Time:
Ready?: READY

As of right now that is our lineup The Mac Show and Metzkill are on vacation or something but

IF Mac Show returns in time he will be driver #2 but as of right now there it is to just get stuff rolling

time to go!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 am

-RSR-
First Racer:
Second Racer:
Benchmark Time A: Currently and unofficially (because a small penalty at the end of the previous lap) mid 1:46
Benchmark Time B:
Ready?: NOT READY

I just saw this post. I think it will be great to do. We're going to hold some time trials to figure out our drivers.

I don't like the idea of having a specific car to race in, teams should be left to their own decision on what car to race, but given a PI to build to, and the drivetrain. But it's not my tournament sorry for the whine.

Last edited by Brett Master5 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks guys, well i had the idea of F1 in my mind when i did this tbh Razz i made up this tournament just after i had watched F1 so that kinda gave me the idea of the same car, also it will be more equal and show which team really is the best if they have the same car to tune and drive Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Killer Kaz wrote:
-PLR-
First Racer: LBAW Monkeyfish
Second Racer: Killer Kaz
Benchmark Time:
Ready?: READY

As of right now that is our lineup The Mac Show and Metzkill are on vacation or something but

IF Mac Show returns in time he will be driver #2 but as of right now there it is to just get stuff rolling

time to go!

Have you got your tune and paint, etc, 100% ready?
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Here are my thoughts:
1. First, great idea and this will be fun. I like the idea of a specific car or at least a specific class and/or manufacturer.

2. I think there needs to be some expansion into multiple lobbies. Even if only 5 or 6 from a team are interested (and many teams have many more drivers), these events can lose momentum and participation by members b/c the top 1-3 drivers will always win out and participate, leaving others out.

3. There can be multiple lobbies going on with all teams or you could split up into two with four teams each. This way you immediately double the drivers who can participate. Making it all cumulative in terms of adding up the team drivers and getting total times by teams then still make it fair. Maybe some bonus points for fastest lap, best qualifying before race, etc.

4. Another option is to have two tiers. There could be qualifying among the teams for the interested drivers and then each team submits the top 2 drivers - which we'll call Division 1 or "A". Then the next two are Division 2 or "B". You'd have an "upper tier" and a "lower tier" racing in two separate lobbies. Again, you add up each driver from each tier so it should be more competitive on track and everyone is still looking for their fastest times since the times are added. Promotes racing against competitors and the overall track for consistency and lowest overall times. If enough want to drive, you could even do three or more ties, but that will get more complicated to keep track of all the data. As long as the lobby host saves all the replays, etc., shouldn't be too crazy.

5. Finally, if you have interest from one team by 4 -6 drivers, you also have a rule that every driver registered for that team (or that posts official qualifying times) MUST race. How often or how much can be discussed, but this adds some strategy. Or, you'd have to make sure every team has at least X number of drivers to make it fair. They would be "seeded" based on the qualifying and then all have to race the same number of races (would still have 1-2 back ups as well based on the qualifying).

Sorry for all the typing, but I think the goal is to get participation, keep people interested, but flexible when conflicts so there are back up/reserve drivers. Does any of this make sense?

When PLR did this in the World Series a few weeks back, it went real well and everyone raced multiple times I think. Thanks for reading and I'm sure PLR will help out if there are multiple lobbies.

-Metzkill1
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks Metzkill1, i think you are right, i will update the post and see what you think, i don't want to take it too extreme but i like the sound of 2 lobby's (Race A and Race B)
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Yeah, no reason to be too extreme, but really the decisions can be based on the interest and participation level by the teams. Looking forward to how it will come together.

Based on the past, you really need to set things straight from the get go. Racers MUST communicate verbally and often in passing situations, use caution and drive conservatively to avoid issues. Yes, there will be incidents, but people have to be smart about it.

Let me know if you need any help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Good call Metzkill to finish first you have to finish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next