Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]

Go down 
+3
Metzkill1
Toasterr x
Rockon2dawn
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Metzkill1 wrote:
Yeah, no reason to be too extreme, but really the decisions can be based on the interest and participation level by the teams. Looking forward to how it will come together.

Based on the past, you really need to set things straight from the get go. Racers MUST communicate verbally and often in passing situations, use caution and drive conservatively to avoid issues. Yes, there will be incidents, but people have to be smart about it.

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks, i have updated, what do you reckon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Hopefully intrest is up for this looking forward to it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:19 pm

rockon2dawn wrote:
Killer Kaz wrote:
-PLR-
First Racer: LBAW Monkeyfish
Second Racer: Killer Kaz
Benchmark Time:
Ready?: READY

As of right now that is our lineup The Mac Show and Metzkill are on vacation or something but

IF Mac Show returns in time he will be driver #2 but as of right now there it is to just get stuff rolling

time to go!

Have you got your tune and paint, etc, 100% ready?

yes by the time this is all sorted out but were ready dont worry about us lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:25 pm

I don't think i would be in for this anymore... sorry.. if you would like to talk to me and ask questions, feel free to do so.

Thanks,
CJ
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 am

How not CJ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 pm

well maybe i'll go for the BMW race, but not the corvette, although my corvette looks sick

here's the bmw, i think that serayen's got a picture of my corvette somewhere...
Wait.. found it..
The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Usafbm11

The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Forza410

Last edited by CJs87Stang on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:18 pm

rockon2dawn wrote:
Metzkill1 wrote:
Yeah, no reason to be too extreme, but really the decisions can be based on the interest and participation level by the teams. Looking forward to how it will come together.

Based on the past, you really need to set things straight from the get go. Racers MUST communicate verbally and often in passing situations, use caution and drive conservatively to avoid issues. Yes, there will be incidents, but people have to be smart about it.

Not sure what you are asking me about "reckon". Do you mean the number of drivers, event set up or how to manage the race to avoid problems with communication, driving styles, etc.? Once we have a good feel for how many per team are interested, we can put some heads together and work on it. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Metzkill1 wrote:
rockon2dawn wrote:
Metzkill1 wrote:

Not sure what you are asking me about "reckon". Do you mean the number of drivers, event set up or how to manage the race to avoid problems with communication, driving styles, etc.? Once we have a good feel for how many per team are interested, we can put some heads together and work on it. Surprised

Yeah i actually meant what do you think of it, its just a thing we say in Scotland, its like "what do you reckon the score will be tonight?" "I donno, 2-0?" that kinda thing Razz
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:06 pm

haha lol, The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 4t54j7
That's bound to rocket up as well, in for a record here? Razz
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Any ideas on date yet (days or times?). Also, are you going to add that there is one mandatory pit stop? With the race being 20+ laps, a good window might be between laps 8-12 or something. Always interesting to throw a pit stop in.
-Metz
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Yeah sounds like a good idea Metzkill Razz
And as for dates.. i still haven't had replies from about half of the team leaders on participating, i shall send out some pm's tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:10 am

Rockon - I apologize, but I didn't read your ruleset close enough. I see you already had two lobbies, one for Z06 and one for E46. So, that effectively does allow at least two drivers per team plus a backup for 4. However, still think it might be good to have two tiers for each lobby. I can help with any US lobbies and I know some others from PLR would do the same. This is what I was trying to convey, but not sure if it came across that way b/c I was focused on the vette. Are you considering this idea? Just curious.

Obviously we'd need to have 2 qualifying sessions - one for each A & B to place the drivers, then consider having A1, A2 and B1, B2 for the tier idea. If this is too much for this first time, I understand and being you haven't heard from all the teams, we may get to have more drivers anyway if there are only a few teams. Still would be fun. Thanks.

Have you heard from other teams?
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:50 am

Metzkill1 wrote:
Rockon - I apologize, but I didn't read your ruleset close enough. I see you already had two lobbies, one for Z06 and one for E46. So, that effectively does allow at least two drivers per team plus a backup for 4. However, still think it might be good to have two tiers for each lobby. I can help with any US lobbies and I know some others from PLR would do the same. This is what I was trying to convey, but not sure if it came across that way b/c I was focused on the vette. Are you considering this idea? Just curious.

Obviously we'd need to have 2 qualifying sessions - one for each A & B to place the drivers, then consider having A1, A2 and B1, B2 for the tier idea. If this is too much for this first time, I understand and being you haven't heard from all the teams, we may get to have more drivers anyway if there are only a few teams. Still would be fun. Thanks.

Have you heard from other teams?

Yes i have heard from MSM now, the others i am still waiting to reply to my PM's, and yes i was considering the idea you had but i have had reports from teams that they are struggling to get the members to cope with the 2 lobbies. I think as far as it goes atm, we would not have enough racers to have two tiers for each lobby. I think PLR are just about the only team which seems to have had a very big response to this tournament, EUR has gotten 2 racers, paint jobs nearly done and a tuner to work on the cars but EUR is one of the bigger teams and teams such as USAF and RSR are struggling a little to find enough members to participate. However, if we do suddenly see a big boost of interest in this tournament then i will consider adding in tiers for both lobbies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:06 am

Sounds good, but all depends on date and particularly time. Being GMT+10 makes this very difficult, although we have members GMT+5, +8 +10 and +12. I will check with the team to see who is interested. But would really need to know the day of week the event is likely to take place, and time.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:37 am

Captain Sman wrote:
Sounds good, but all depends on date and particularly time. Being GMT+10 makes this very difficult, although we have members GMT+5, +8 +10 and +12. I will check with the team to see who is interested. But would really need to know the day of week the event is likely to take place, and time.
Likely to be a weekend but ok, i understand, never realised you were +10 lol, are you ahead or behind us in time? (god i feel like Dr Who)
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Well, I think this means he is 10 hours ahead of you, b/c you are 4 hours ahead of me (give or take an hour) as I am eastern time in the US, which right now is GMT-4 I believe as we changed clocks about 60 days ago. So he would be 14 hours ahead of me. I think that is right if he is in Australia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Correct Metzkill, 10 and 14 hours ahead of you guys respectively. Going to be tough to cater for our team, as anything in the evening at your end is morning at our end.
Friday or Saturday night your time might be ok, we may have someone able to take some time out in the morning for the race, but Sunday to Thursday night your time would be out for us as we'd most likely be at work, uni or school.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:46 am

Right then, understood. I knew that because I made the trip back in 1996.

Sydney, Alice Springs, Cairns, G B Reef, and back to Sydney. About the best two week trip ever. Need to get back.

You have a great country there m8! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:39 am

haha metzkill ever visited Scotland? Different.. but nice and Brilliant for Surfing! Had the European surf tour in my town 2 weeks ago Razz
Back to the point, can everyone post times that would suit them best, PLEASE POST IN GMT+0 times to make things easy for me Razz Thanks Smile
You can post a range of times as well if you wish; eg: 9-12am then 5-7pm (Just an example)
Cheers guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:17 pm

For Team PLR, I think most folks are good Tuesday, Wednesday or Sunday evenings typically here. Potentially Friday or Saturday nights could work with the time zone issues.
Typical times would be after 10pm eastern, which I believe is 2 am GMT+4). If needed, we could move this up, but some members are already 3 hours behind on the West Coast and this is 7pm Eastern, so couldn't be much earlier.

I know there have been series in the past where two lobbies are run, one for the GMT - 0 or +/- an hour or two and then also a US/Canadian lobby. More complicated, but takes the time zones somewhat out of the mix and then members from the teams in different parts of the world can partake. Just a thought.

Oh, and no I haven't been to Scotland, but would LOVE to visit sometime. Many places I'd like to go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah Scotland is a nice place, good communities Smile Just Don't go to Glasgow.. you've been warned Razz

Yeah i like the idea of that but with the amount of lobbies there already are, we would have to ditch the idea of Lobby A for fastest and Lobby B for the "second fastest" people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:59 pm

For MSM, it looks like we'll have Buldzjin racing the Corvette, and Retpetty racing the BMW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:07 pm

GBR sends you 'reliant' RobinVaults in the Corvette and 'Nice guy' Niff343 in the BMW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:27 am

ok .. well I guess RSR is in.

Brett Master5 for the Corvette. (If may give a suggestion. The Corvette should be complete stock instead of A600. Should be about the driver not the car)

Lessthanokay for the BMW (We have not been able to tune the car yet, so we're not ready for that one)
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:01 am

Thanks all for posting, just need USAF, APM, MCE and EUR (time trial nearly over) to post in the racers.
Brett: I'm not sure stock would be that good, would disappoint a lot of members and teams, i'm sure for the corvette it won't actually make much difference cause it is only 10PI worth of upgrades. And for the BMW, just a basic tune will probs do, i'm sure somebody on your team will be willing to help you, if not then i'm sure somebody from the other teams or a team-less member such as Raine88 may be able to help if you ask nicely Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]   The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Race of the Teams - FLR's Finest [Results in!!]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next