Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results

Go down 
+4
turtletime74
Marxist Llama
EZT MAKO 6669
Retpetty
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:16 pm

How many people are running tonight? I think there'll be enough to squeeze into 1 lobby.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey, I have already messaged Stevil about this. I have decided not to run the Corvette C2 anymore, as I feel it's too overpowered. I instead will be running the Chevelle from here on in.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Also, the results:

1. x 8Eleven - 30.05.428 - 1.09.929
2. SallyMac - 30.26.056 - 1.11.635
3. PaganSilverwolf - 30.26.607 - 1.11.032
4. TURTLETIME74 - 30.56.789 - 1.10.778
5. EuroBugg - 31.13.282 - 1.12.600
6. Stevil1399 - 31.17.544 - 1.12.688
7. RUMPLEXXXSKIN - 31.48.792 - 1.12.163
8. Billly Mayes - 32.21.712 - 1.12.296

x 8Eleven lead the charge to the first corner, with Billy, Sally and Pagan close behind. EuroBugg and Turtle were waiting to pounce on any minor offs, and RUMPLE and Stevil were not far behind. After each corner, x 8Eleven built up a lead that would not be challenged for the entire race. In lap 4, Billly had a severe run-in with the wall, forcing him to pit and putting him in a distant last. EuroBugg, in 4th, had a more minor accident that slotted him in 5th and enabled Turtle to overtake him, and put in some very fast laps as he went to catch Pagan and Sally who were about 3500 feet ahead.

Some veeery close racing would be seen by SallyMac and PaganSilverwolf for the entire race. It seems that Sally was not able to shake Pagan off, and Pagan was unable to overtake and stay in front, resulting in bumper to bumper racing, and nary a valid lap between them. Somewhere in the middle of the race, Rumple had an incident, allowing Billly to catch up to him.

By lap 17, x 8Eleven (who had not pitted) went on the outside on the last turn to lap Billly and Rumple on the outside, he dipped his rear into the grass,, causing him to swerve straight at the pit lane. (I think my car was telling me "if you don't pit, you'll be sorry." LOL)

In the final laps, Rumple and Billly found themselves a few more times, putting them further and further behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:22 pm

That was probably the most fun I have had in an online race. I have to give Sally Mac credit for not cracking under pressure, I cannot imagine running 25 laps with that big green Charger in my rearview mirrior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 pm

That was some of the most fun I have had in a race Razz. I swear, that wall came from nowhere!

Really though, congrats to everyone, but yes especially props to Sally. You ran a great race, and to Pagan for not crashing him (25 long laps of being right behind somebody, I would have lost focus and punted him from the track Razz).

X8, another great race on your part, I guess the Vette wasn't overpowered Razz.

Yay sidewinder!
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:44 pm

I can see myself improving each race, however, I can't seem to help but choke, if not once, more than once.

My driving was pretty clean, other than that, and I even managed to put up a mid-pack laptime. (Which is extremely rare for me)

I'll get it. Suckas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:56 am

well if i hadn't punted Pagen and fall to the back at the start i might have hung with you a few laps Stevil lol, anyway i'll take 2nd after not getting much racing in lately, and again sorry for the punt Pagen

also i'll post up some pics up later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:55 am

went ahead and got the pics done so here they are

Stevil taking off and never looking back
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza432

Hard battling for postion in the early stages
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza442

Savage stalking Pagen
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza452

Stevil GONE!!
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza462

Savage's stalking of Pagen ends when he gets loose and Fail slips past
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza472

Fail taking off as Savage again gets loose
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza482

Fail now stalks Pagen for 2nd
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza492

Fail taking a look under Pagen
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza502

Fail misjudges Pagen's braking and nails him at the end of the S's
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza512

Pagen and Fail trying to save there cars from the contact
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza522

Fail facing a now backwards Pagen
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza532

Savage now back ahead of Fail goes wide as Fail looks low
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza542

Pagen now stalks Savage
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza552

Turn??? What turn.....Savage's controller decides to take a break
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza562

With the controller back from its break Pagen is now just ahead of the unstoppable Stevil
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza57

Stevil makes his only pass of the race as he laps Savage
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza582

Having made his way back to 3rd, Fail now puts the pressure on Turtle as Pagen tries to catch back up to them
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza592

Fail trying to hold Turtle off for 2nd
Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Forza662

Last edited by FailRacing on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:55 am

Nice pictures Fail! Looked an interesting race. I think this track would have belonged to the Corvettes lol.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 am

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Very nice Fail!! How do you get those photo's up? Via your SF and then something like PB?

It was bound to happen in 3000+lb, 600+hp cars. Who knew it would be an innocent little track like Sidewinder Layout C to do it? Last night, we separated the Men from the boys. The men showed up to this twisted little track with their American Muscle ready to race. The boys stayed home, a bit too intimidated to try taking on this course.

We had a good race, as Fail showed us with his Mid-August Pictorial. Except for the Fail/Pagan "connection" and Savage's controller choosing to not work at the worst possible time, we had an incident free race. Everyone did a great job considering the cars and the track. Pagan summed it up well, "It's tough to hit the line entering a turn when the back of your car is still in the last turn." (He drove the '69 Charger, which puts to sea later this month.) The '70 Corvette ZR1 did what the '10 is still doing today - embarrassing Mustangs!

Race Results:

Position/Driver/Time/Points
1. Stevil, 22:48.978, 9
2. Fail, 23:07.585, 7
3. Turtle, 23:10.445, 6
4. Pagan, 23:30.838, 5
5. Savage, 24:08.255, 4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 pm

yea they are still on my SF (not for long tho got some rover pics to put up) and the threw them up on Photobucket, did them at like 2 or 3 am lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Due to the "missed opportunity" in the series called Road Atlanta, a track has become available for a "Make Up Race." (Put away the lipstick, Billy - not what I mean.) Since all of the times were not captured at Rd. Atl, there will be another opportunity for those that want to improve their position in the standings.

This race will be held on Tuesday, August 31st at 9:30 PM EST.
We are still running Sebring on the 25th and Nurburgring on the 1st, this will be held the day before the Nurburgring race. Given this is a make up race, points per position will be reduced to the following; 1-7, 2-6, 3-5, 4-4, 5-3, 6-2, 7-1, 8- gOOse egg.

The track and the cars are all set. No need to bring your car, as there will be a car waiting for you when you get to the race. All cars are exactly the same, except for color. Fear not, there is no need to practice with the car or the course, as everyone is more than capable of winning this race. The race will be approx. 30 minutes in length.

If you choose not to participate in this event, that is fine. It's simply an opportunity to gain some points that weren't recorded from Rd. Atl. The track and the cars will be divulged once all racers are in the lobby on the 31st, no sooner. This should be a very fun, very competitive event and I hope to see you all there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 pm

It was a fun race last night. I could not keep the cornbeef end under my mustang in that first corner. Fail got by me at least twice, think thats were Stevil got me too.

Still iritated with my controller freeking out. Brand new bateries and all.

I swear that MS sent out and update that breaks Xboxes everytime the release a new system!!!!!
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Great job with the pics, I believe savage had controller issues not pagan.Look forward to racing with you again Fail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 pm

doh yea i put the wrong name on it, its fixed tho, had a blast racing with you turtle
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:02 am

In hindsight, I think it's good I missed this race. I would have been a big blue roadblock, xD.

And Stevil, I resent that remark!

Quote :
The men showed up to this twisted little track with their American Muscle ready to race. The boys stayed home, a bit too intimidated to try taking on this course.

And I can't make the make up race! D: Ah well, it's okay, make those my 2 botched races.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:51 pm

8Eleven you know I'm only kidding! Just had to give some static to those who didn't race. I think you would be surprised how much fun the race was - it required a lot of concentration, but it was a fun challenge.
Sorry you can't make the make up race, thanks for letting me know.

*Everyone, could you please let me know if you plan on attending the Make-Up Race on the 31st.*

Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:25 pm

This "boy" will be at the make-up.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I was suprised how fun and how quiet the mics were during the race.I was impressed with yours and Fail's driving.You all made me better,I couldn't believe how fast these cars were and I had the fastest time til the last lap when stevil dropped the hammer hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 pm

i got slower the last 5 laps or so, i just couldn't concentrate any more lol, if there had been one more lap you prolly would had gotton back by me turtle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:33 pm

I was way to busy filing out job applications for the race night Razz I might or might not be able to make other races as well because of my work schedule lol
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Wait, Sebring? Wasn't that the first race we did?

The ring should be "fun" >_> lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Yes, we did Sebring Short, now we will be doing Sebring Full.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:09 pm

sucks i'm gonna miss this one, one of my better tracks in these cars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next