Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results

Go down 
+4
turtletime74
Marxist Llama
EZT MAKO 6669
Retpetty
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:56 am

Alright, I'll take the Barracuda.

Send the tune over whenever you get a chance.
Back to top Go down

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 8:18 pm

So is there an entry fee?
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:25 am

The Barracuda is doggedly slow. At least against the GTO and the Chevelle.

Perhaps the tune will change my mind, but this thing gets pooped on in the straights.

Edit/Update: Yep... SavageTheDragon tried it out, also. The car is a piece. It handles like a hearse, and drives like its in no rush to bury its dead.

I even attempted an engine swap to see if that would bump it a bit. No dice. At least for me. Keep in mind I'm an FNG.

I'd like to check out a few other cars, but I really can't see the Barracuda doing anything for anyone in this tournament. Which is a bummer, I spent a lot of time on the paintjob on that car, and was made fun of for 15 minutes for bragging about it.

BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:18 pm

sign me up.. ill be racing the GTO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 am

I know you guys, and you have defiantly test driven already... Times?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 am

Sign me up with the Cuda.
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: !   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:25 am

Angel0fAnarchy7 wrote:
Sign me up with the Cuda.

Sir, I wish you luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 pm

These cars have been driven hundred's of times. We have the replays to prove it. From Nurburging to Fujimi Kaido and eveywhere in betwwen.
They are fast, for a B class car. Yes they handle like a muscle car - they were heavy, had no power steering or power brakes, had drum brakes and bias ply tires. The tunes are set up to run on stock supension so you get to expierence the body roll. We could all tune them to be cars they're not, but the point is to race classic American muscle cars - powerful, on the edge and a lot of fun.
A perfect example is that AoA bought the 'Cuda last night, I sent him the tune and we did 2 different races on Nurburgring (yes, the Green Hell). From the time he purchased it to the time we were racing was about 5-10 minutes. His 1st time driving the 'Cuda, or an classic muscle car, he came in 2nd and on the 2nd race he won. That was the Cuda against; Charger, GTO, Mustang 429 Boss.
RUMPLE, did you get the tune for the car? If so did you race it against other cars that had "their" specific tunes? The reason I asked is because the 'Cuda is a very strong car compared to the others in the race. I'll be more than happy to send you other tunes, just let me know what you would like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:18 am

Hey Stevil, I'm going to stick with the challenger but could you send me the GTO tune as well? I have a GTO and just wanna compare times Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Like stevil said they are muscle cars they are suppose to handle like this after a few races last night and some today I've got the feel for mine down and my boat is ready
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:43 pm

I won't be able to drive mine until the day of the race, rofl. At least the stock Stingray has decent handling, a little vague but manageable.

Sidewinder should be interesting Razz
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:17 pm

Stevil,

Let me run the Trans around a few more times. I really do like that car in comparison to the 'Cuda.

If anyone can make some suggestions on the optimal final drive ratio for the Barracuda, I'm all ears. I ran your stock tune, and the car just felt a lot more sluggish than the others, maybe its because I'm being a sissy sally assbag and running with TCS.

That and my total lack of driving ability may be playing a large role.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Depends on what you were racing against. The Chevelle, Trans Am, Charger, Corvette, and Mustang all have huge engines - 427 - 455 ci, so if you're running a small block, or just a smaller engine, it will be very noticable in these cars. Can't remember the F/D/R for the 'Cuda, but feel confident with the Trans AM, I would rate it as one of the top 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:59 pm

looking forward to the race.

Dont know if you had a chance to send me the tune last night Stevil? I would like to run it around tonight to get the hang of it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 am

First race tomorrow. Sweet! Oh, and Stevil, what assists are allowed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:08 am

My battle plan for tomorrow: Score more drift points than first place and make sure every single cone needs to be replaced. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:01 am

Stevil has sent me most of the tunes, so if you can't get them from him, and you need to practice, hit me up on XBL and I will send the appropriate tune to you.

Just let me know which one you want, I believe Stevil sent me all of the ones he had setup.

Remember: You may ONLY TUNE PSI, and FINAL DRIVE RATIO.

Stevil,

I'll stick with the Trans Am.

If anyone running the Barracuda wants my Barracuda Sox & Martin design, let me know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:11 am

Hey all, looking forward to tonight. Regarding assists - all will be allowed, the goal is for fun competitive racing for all skill levels - you will never see a race set up me that limits assist useage.
Looks like will have to split up in two lobbies, depending on who shows up. I'm updating the driver's list in the 1st post, if I've missed you or listed you and you're not running, please let me know. I'll be on 1 hour before the race if anyone has any questions.
Good luck to all, remember to keep it clean and most importantly - have fun!
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:34 am

stevil i cant make this sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:55 am

Sorry about that RetPetty, I knew you weren't racing, I just forgot to take your name off the list. The way you drive, it's probably better - I don't feel like getting lapped today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Rump or Stevil.....

Can you please send me the Boss tune??

i think my tune is pretty close, but i would rather have the "offical" tune

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm

I'll send it when I get home, since I get home before you. Nyah nyah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:27 pm

See everyone out there tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Just a heads up....I will be unable make tonight's race and I will also be missing the race on the 28th. I have a few scout ball games that are gonna take place around the same time as those 2 races. I should be good to go for the rest of them. Sorry buddy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Savage I thought I sent it last night. I will re-send it, I apologize. SallyMac, sorry to hear that but we'll defintely be looking forward to you joining us in a couple fo weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next