Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Cat and Mouse Tournament?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

Cat and Mouse Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 pm

A few friends and I have been playing Cat and Mouse here and there. It really is fun, it requires strategy, and its a good escape from the typical racing format.

If any of you would be interested in getting together a group, or a couple teams, so that we can do a formal Cat and Mouse tournament, please post here, and we'll all work together to come up with a format that is fun for everyone.

I was thinking that all Cats use the same vehicle, but different team designs, as well as the Mice. Everyone running the same tunes, also. This will make the tournament strictly 100% driver/team skill. You will have to communicate and work together to win.

Don't worry, I won't be doing the tunes.

Please post here if you're interested, and suggest at least 1 cat, and 1 mouse car.

-R4SKN

Edit:

Basic rule structure, as I would like to hand out CR based prizes.
1. All cars on both teams must finish the race.
Each car that does not finish will result in a -1 point deduction from the overall point standings. (Haven't come up with a point value for placement yet.)

Etc...

Any rule ideas are open for discussion, also. I want this to be a COMMUNITY event. Even if I'm trying to oversee it.

Guys, please help build it if you're wanting to participate.

What I need from those that want to participate:
Ideal tracks
Ideal cars (cat and mouse)
Fee ideas to cover prizes.
Tournament duration
Days
Times
Etc...

I'm new to all of this, this will be my first ever tournament in Forza 3, and I want to make sure this is structured in such a way that the maximum amount of members can participate.

Last edited by RUMPLEXXXSKIN on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:46 pm

I like this idea Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Yes, please. We have a blast with these late at night. You only have to keep one eye open.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm

i like to play with you and some other people cat and mouse
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm

I approve.

I can has in please?
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Guys, please help build it if you're wanting to participate.

What I need from those that want to participate:
Ideal tracks
Ideal cars (cat and mouse)
Fee ideas to cover prizes.
Tournament duration
Days
Times
Etc...

I'm new to all of this, this will be my first ever tournament in Forza 3, and I want to make sure this is structured in such a way that the maximum amount of members can participate.

I will place this note in the original post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Some of the longer circuits are fun, with walls to bounce off of. Fujimi Kaido comes to mind, because you can't cut any corners on that track and no pit.

Having a huge disparity between classes gives no chance for the mouse drivers to get away, if that means anything. Giving the mouse an AWD car or swap option gives them a chance to quickly get moving again after getting smashed or punted from the track.
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Yeah, I figured both the cat and mice cars would be AWD.

You'll need it for the quick stops and starts that come with wrecking and pit maneuvering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:27 pm

im in.

whatever you do. do not make the fiat abrath a mouse .... it is worthless.

I will mess with some D class tunes and come up with a decent mouse idea.

Off the top of my head...

mr-s i think it can be a D car

Also i think that the cats should be RWD. Mouse AWD like said. But that way the cats have a harder time getting going after a spin

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:45 pm

I want to get some of this action
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Mitsubishi Eclipse in D class fur the mice, Mines R34 S700 fur the kittys. Laguna Seca is great, Camino Viejo Full reverse is awsome, Nurburgring is the best.

*Edit - VW Bora upgrade is a great mouse too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Shouldn't we use the KIA for a mouse as more insentive to hit the mouse? I agree about the R34s and Nurburgring otherwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Ah the KIA, Zach you've been sent a picture in Forza, be sure to check when you get on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Im scared....

EDIT: I have an idea what you did with the KIA, Its payback for the Cuda paint isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Damn, no but I wish I would have!!! Alright, we're off topic.

I think all cars should be AWD, as evetone goes flying, lands on their roofs, etc - at lest if you're playing right. The Lamborghini LP-640 is another great kitty kitty.
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:32 pm

How are everyone's feelings about point deductions for cars not finishing?

I figure if we leave a healthy race-timer on, it'll give some leeway, but with that in effect, it'll make going reverse on the track a lot riskier of a maneuver to stomp out the opposing team's mouse, especially if it means putting your overall team's standings at risk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:17 pm

An idea I had was we come up with a set of cars for each. And each team picks. First come first serve no duplicates having everyone in the same thing is boring but getting equal cars or close makes it better JMO
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Let's get a list of cars compiled for cat and mice, then.
Also, tracks.

Let's do this, people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat and Mouse Tournament?   Cat and Mouse Tournament? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cat and Mouse Tournament?
Page 1 of 1