Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Cheap Tournament

Go down 
+2
Retpetty
Rockon2dawn
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 am

Just thought of a great idea.. Cheap Tournament?
At EUR we did a cheap race tourney which lasted a day with 4 races, there was a budget and it went well.
But i think if i made a FLR Cheap Tournament i could make it last a few weeks like a proper tournament and add in some rules also.

Rules (so far):
70k Cap (including car)
Max PI: B500
NO Audi, NO Subaru
A pit stop requirement

Also i'm thinking if it was one night.. then maybe something like this:

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th

In one lobby, Person who came 1st will swap cars with person who came 6th
2nd place will swap with 5th
3rd will swap with 4th
If its un-even numbers, then the person who finished in the middle of the pack will keep their car.
After three or four races the results should be down to overall driver skill.
And also, if your car was slow, it would be no matter.
At the end of the night, everyone must gift back the cars to their origional owners which will be listed on forums to make life easier, which also will be constantly updated through the 3 or 4 races and clear instructions will be given.

What do you guys think?
Discuss here Very Happy
If i have enough interest, i will start the proper thread and such.

Last edited by Rockon2dawn on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:18 pm

L like the idea.
I was thinking of a similar idea, but it would be 4 or 5 races. 1st race you have X amount and run in say, C class (You don't have to spend all the money allotted). Second race, you gain a sponser and have another x amount to upgrade to B class. and so on and so on.
This way, you start off with a decent car and progressively improve it as the sereis continues.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:43 pm

nice idea rockon, only thing i`m kinda unsure about is to gift your car to someone you`d have to exit the lobby etc and then reconnect. maybe you could have set cars that everyone has to have priot to the race and do it that way.

if you gif tthe car its gonna have your tune too so someone might have like crazy brake pressure settings or something.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:51 pm

True, rule could be added which allows no tuning?
Back to top Go down
Soulfire XP
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Soulfire XP

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Im up for this I had a lot of fun on the cheap car challenge
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:30 pm

another way would be to say the winner of race one losing 10pi for the next race. 2nd loses 5pi. 3-6 stay the same, 7th gains 5 pi for next race and 8th gains 10pi for the next race.

might really shake the performance up and field since by winning, you then suffer a handicap for the next race. and whoever comes in last has an advantage the next race.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:15 pm

I loved the last challenge although I came in last. I'm going to do better in this one hehe

Sign me up, but the PI build might be a little too extreme. Maybe if it's possible to do this, give the top 3 people HP and grip disadvantages and the bottom 3 advantages? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Can you do that?
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:31 pm

keen for this
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:43 pm

yeah you have to set up groups and apply handicaps to each group. dom at MSM has been working on getting it sorted for our team races, might wanna have a word with him and get the low down on it Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Ok, will do tomorrow Smile off to bed now
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:51 pm

I can't wait for this. I might pull out the old Fairlady Z and make it not handle like it has bare rims for tires.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:04 am

Sent a PM to dom, just waiting for a reply Smile
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Before I forget:

I'm running an RX-7.

Car: 18,000 CR
Race Weight Reduction: 3,800 CR
Sport Brakes: 5,000 CR
Sport Springs and Dampers: 4,200 CR
Sport Fuel System: 4,600 CR
Forza Rear Wing: 2,500 CR
Sport Driveline: 1,170 CR
Some Steet Hood: 500 CR

Total: 49,770 CR
B500
284 HP
236 lb/ft of torque
50% front weight dist.
1.173 lateral G's

EDIT: Bought a Hood for the RX-7 which added .001 lateral G's Razz

Last edited by x 8Eleven on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:23 pm

haha nice one m8!

Luke suggested a really good idea.... about 30 mins ago..... can't remember for the life of me what it was... this is frustrating.... dammit.. luke?
Back to top Go down

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:15 pm

1990 Camaro IROC-Z

Car: 6000
Engine Conversion: 18400
Street Brakes: 2000
Race Suspension 7500
Race Front ARB: 2700
Race Rear ARB: 2700
Sport Driveline: 1000
Race LSD: 4200
Tyre width upgrade front 2300
Tyre width upgrade rear 2500
TOTAL: 49300
B500
825 hp
650 lb/ft
59% front weight
0.84 lateral G's
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Why has everyone already chosen there cars? :O this is a discussion for a possible tourney (most likely to go ahead now) but still.. haha there might be additional rules added, please don't all make your cars now as i don't want you's to be disappointed if additional rules mean your cars are no longer valid..
Back to top Go down

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:03 pm

No problem, I had a car ready so it wasn't a big effort. It's utterly and completely undrivable, but I'll be damned if I give up the NASCAR engine lol.

If I can make the times you can count me in. If I can't, oh well, I gotta use this car somewhere else, and it is a goddamn awesome machine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:25 pm

haha yes if i remember correctly, i borrowed your buick and you borrowed my iroc for the boating race? then you copied my car Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Meh, I wanted to get my car out as early as possible this time. Last time, I waited till the last minute and got raped.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Fair does.. Razz lol
Btw, i took luke's idea and came up with a set of instructions to explain and carry out his idea. Sounds great to me:

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th

ok..

The cars that finish 1st and 2nd have to auction off their cars after the end of each race, they HAVE to take the highest offer (Virtual Auction will take place on forums)
BUT To fund that, after each race will be given a virtual allowance.
The lower you finish the higher the allowance you get, so you can save up from say two 4th place finishes to buy a car or if you finish 8th you can go straight away to buy a car.

If (for example) the person who finishes 7th buys the car that finishes 2nd, then the person who finished 2nd will send over their car and the person who finished 7th will also send over their cars, so its like a swap.

No money will be used (it will all be virtual, added up between races, i will take care of that)

At the end of the tourney, everyone will gift back the cars to their original owners.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 pm

I think it's a good idea, but it can and will get confusing if you have a full lobby. Communication, I imagine, would be key in making this work, because if even one thing is not recorded, it can eff everything up.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Don't worry, i'll set up a spreadsheet and remain organized, i will use formulae to automatically fill cells and calculate it all for me (once i decide on the exact rules, allowances, etc..) Communication would indeed be a key factor which is why i plan on using a set-aside thread to give instructions and to auction the cars, the actual auction should take place in the shoutbox, where it starts the offer at 0r, goes up in (for example) 500's, (R is the currency, stands for rockon Wink ), so a user just has to say bid and it will up the price, i will keep posting the price to keep people notified and make sure they do not go above their allowance.

Wow.. considering:
1: I'm damn lazy
2: I like to keep things simple

This isn't normal for me to come up with planned out theories like this Razz i must be growing up! :O shock horror Razz
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Very Happy

This actually brings a whole new aspect to the game. I know the AH is there, but having an offsite one that doesn't affect your CR is really cool.

I do have a question though. What happens if the 1st and 2nd place people put their cars up for auction, and nobody bids on them? Do they automaitcally go to the people with the most r's?
Back to top Go down

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:49 am

This is cool xD Thanks for referring me this Adam (x 8Eleven) I've got some spare CR so sign me up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheap Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Tournament   Cheap Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Tournament
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next