Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES

Go down 
+6
CJs87Stang
turtletime74
Marxist Llama
EZT uncabunca
Retpetty
EZT MAKO 6669
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Empty
PostSubject: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Behind The Wall Publications in association with the Project Lone Ranger and Bad Boy Racing teams proudly presents

Vintage Roadster Series

This will be a five race series highlighting the fine open cockpit two-seater roadsters of yesteryear.

The cars included in this series will be:

Aston Martin DBR1
Austin Healey 3000
Austin Healey Sprite
BMW 507
'53 Corvette C1
'60 Corvette C1
Ferrari California
Ferrari Testa Rosa
Jaguar D type
Jaguar XK120E
Lotus Eleven
Maserati 300S
MG MGA
Porsche 550
Shelby Cobra ( will have 30% power handicap)
Triumph TR3

All cars are spec built and fully user tunable. Tunes can be requested unlocked from Mako 6669, Turtletime74, and DBF2KILLER.

To try and maintain the very best in close competition, a short qualifying session before each race will be used to group drivers into the following classes:

Professional Division
Sportsman Division
Amateur Division

Points will be awarded within each division so all drivers have a chance at earning a podium in the final standings.

The Grand Prize for this series will be the 2011 McLaren #59 GT MP4-12C GT3, provided by Behind The Wall and Project Lone Ranger, with a custom paint and tune by Bad Boy Racing!!!

2nd place will earn 5 mil credits
3rd place will earn 2.5 mil credits

The series is tentatively scheduled to begin on Oct 13th, following the completion of our Nascar series. Times and tracks will be announced shortly. The points system will also be announced once it is finalized.

One final note: the organizers would like to thank Bloozmahn, who did the bulk of the groundwork in setting up the cars for this series. We hope he can attend the races!!

If you wish to compete in this series, please sign up below with your GT and car choice so that we can compile a driver list.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Could i get the maserati tune pls? Love that car Smile
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:56 am

I'll send it over this morning Ret.
Back to top Go down
EZT uncabunca
EZT uncabunca

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Sounds like fun! I love these old cars! I can't decide which one to drive.
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Since I now have Live, I think I'll do this. Mind sending me the AH 3000, XK120 and MGA tunes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Tunes sent bud. Let me know if there are any others that interest you.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Think I'm gonna try something new and roll the Ferrari California
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:44 am

I have the track list finalized, just have to get the final figures on laps. I'm aiming for 30-45 minute races. I should have everything posted this weekend.

It was also suggested during the development of this series that we force the cockpit view. We will refrain from that restriction for now, but I urge you to try it out. It really does add a more realistic aspect and is quite entertaining. These cars are not all that hard to drive with this view.

Last edited by MAKO 6669 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 am

Might give this a try if my xbox doesn't crap out like it did tonight.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:14 am

Hi all,
One of my team mates posted this event at our site and it looks like fun. I'm hoping it doesn't clash with a saturday series that i'm currently in. I'm not sure how the procedure is to request builds for this series, but I'd like to test them all.
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 am

EZT Strumlord wrote:
I'm not sure how the procedure is to request builds for this series, but I'd like to test them all.

Answer:
MAKO 6669 wrote:
Tunes can be requested unlocked from Mako 6669, Turtletime74, and DBF2KILLER.

Just send either one of them a XBL message or Private Message on FLR requesting for tunes for this particular event.

That's all it takes. Wink
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:28 am

CJs87Stang wrote:
EZT Strumlord wrote:
I'm not sure how the procedure is to request builds for this series, but I'd like to test them all.

Answer:
MAKO 6669 wrote:
Tunes can be requested unlocked from Mako 6669, Turtletime74, and DBF2KILLER.

Just send either one of them a XBL message or Private Message on FLR requesting for tunes for this particular event.

That's all it takes. Wink

Will do. Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Glad to help out! Cool
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Weird.. does anyone see the link on the word "xbox"?
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 am

I have started a dedicated thread for signups, standings, and the schedule. Please sign up there to officially sign up for this series. This will help myself and Turtle with the organization.

I would really like to try and employ the divisional system to insure the best competition for all. Not all cars and drivers are equal, so my hope is this will give everyone a better sense of being competitive. This way you can drive the car you really like, rather than trying to simply pick the fastest car.

To accomplish this, I'm trying a slightly different approach, one we've experimented with before. All this week will be an open qualifying session. It begins today and ends Thursday night at 12 am est. Your time MUST be posted in your sign up post before then to be recognized.

Please run Road Atlanta Club and set your best time (in your car choice). You may edit your times as needed, but the last one posted as of midnight will be final. You must then submit a replay of this time to myself or Turtle for certification. I will then take these times and group everyone into the appropriate divisions. Hopefully, we have enough participation to make this successful. This way, all competitors will not only be competing against the field, but others within their division as well. Points will be awarded for both. I hope this creates a more competitive atmosphere for everyone.

EDIT: Prior to race time I will post in your sign up post the division and group you will be racing in. Please try to check this info beforehand so that we can organize the lobby more quickly at race time. I will have this info available in the lobby, but it would be a big help if you know what group to put yourself in when you join the lobby.

As always, any comments or ideas are welcomed.

Mako

Last edited by MAKO 6669 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Sounds cool
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 pm

No mako,
I sent a request for the tunes to these cars on XBL. Just checking to make sure my msg got through. Thanks
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Yeah, I sent all the tunes this morning. Had to wait for you to accept my FR. Sorry for the delay, I wasn't on Xbox at all Sunday.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanx, and no worries. Sometimes XBL drops the ball and I just wanted to be sure you got my msg. Thanx again.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Is this race on for tonight?
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:55 am

Good race last night guys, that was fun!

Results have been posted. I'm still undecided on how to structure the points system, but will have it set by the next race.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:52 am

That was LOTS of fun and good to see some new/familar faces join us. Congrats to Bush and EZT Strumlord for great battle.
Back to top Go down
EZT Strumlord
EZT Strumlord

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 am

This is going to be a cool series. I really enjoyed the race last night too. You made me work to hold that spot the whole way through Turtle!!! Great battle. Congrats to Bush again on the win. That Sprite can go!!! I've got a bachelor party next Saturday so I'll have to miss that one, but I'll be back the week after that. Great racing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES   VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VINTAGE ROADSTER SERIES
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next