Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel

Go down 
+7
VVV GGspeed
graylydolphin
EZT Ironhide
terminator1177
BadBooking
EZT MAKO 6669
bloozmahn
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 pm

graylydolphin wrote:
I have the ms racing wheel and thing it is well worth the money. The only problem it does not have a clutch pedal. That does not bother me as I am not a good enough racer to use it anyway. For my setup I have a tv table one with legs to hold the wheel. Then I use duck tape to tape the pedals to the legs of the table. Next I got the center part of our old couch , screwed to pieces of 2x2 to the bottom. This allows me to sit on the seat and pull the racing will close to me. I find that it cost almost nothing to make and it is very relaxing when I am racing. Very Happy

Re-map the buttons on the wheel so the clutch is the B button. (You can still run manual with no clutch if you want using the assist settings in game) It may take a bit to get used to this, but once you do it will be second nature. Using the clutch in the lower class cars makes a significant difference!
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Looks real nice Bloozmahn.I need to start working on my stand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:11 am

Looking good!

I bought a MS wheel earlier this week but have had nothing but grief with it....it keeps losing signal and disconnecting from the xbox.....it reconnects a few secs later but it's pain to keep pausing and waiting for it to sort itself out......I think i've been sold a duff one. I've been using a MC2 wheel and it's been brillant fun. I know the MS is clearly way above it but it's a nice back up wheel. One thing i've noticed is the vibration is much stonrger through the MC2 than the MS Wheel....although of course it has no FFB.
Back to top Go down
graylydolphin
graylydolphin

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:38 pm

I had the same problem with my ms wheel losing signal and disconnecting from my xbox, you need to leave your wheel connected to a wall plug for about 24 hours. This will charge it and after that you will not have a disconnect problem.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Though it says in the manual that comes with the wheel that it's ok to use the wall plug with the batteries in it, it has been stated many times on the FM.net forums by a number of people that this is not a good idea and will cause problems. As you need the wall plug for the FFB to work, there is no need to have batteries in it anyway.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Yeah, i leave the battery pack out of mine. You might try reconnecting it with the button thing. I noticed that my other wireless controller is still able to connect to my xbox even though it's in the basement!! my man cave is directly under my bedroom but it's still pretty cool. I'm going to hack together a Y splitter and then i'll still be able to do a little gaming before i go to bed or whatever.

I painted it black and finished it off today. built a nice TV stand that puts the monster TV right in front of the rig. Although i will more than likely pick up an HD tv pretty soon as the picture is much improved, but still nothing close to what i'd like - even for a limited budget.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:23 pm

You really need to get a TV that does at least 720. I use to play Forza 2 on my dad's 40" Tube TV and I could barely read the screen. Got a new TV and wow I can read it now!
Back to top Go down
Saltine713
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Saltine713

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:33 pm

I use the MS wheel, it is worth it!
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:32 pm

I totally lucked out yesterday and picked up another MS wheel in excellent condition for 25 bucks on craigslist... 25bucks!!!

Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:42 pm

i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Mancavew
Back to top Go down
DBF2KILLER
DBF2KILLER

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 pm

very nice, bet you can't wait to go HD with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel   i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i finally broke down and bought a racing wheel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2