Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Spec Racing

Go down 
+3
hillcrest34
Toasterr x
Retpetty
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Something I've thought about for a while and thought would be fun would be to set up some spec races. From Ferrari v. Porsche to SUV's - there's no limits. Simply identify 2-4 cars that are similar and then do the same mods to them.

What I think would work best (This can be changed for specific races) would be:

Sport weight reduction
Full tire width upgrade
Race tire compund
Sport gear box (Unless the F.D.R. is adjustable on the standard)
Race Diff.

I think a couple tracks for each match up would be good to give the cars some different track types.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:42 pm

be nice to get a ferrari vs lambo spec race or aston martin vs mercedes Smile
Back to top Go down

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I agree, if you have any specific match ups, please post them here.

Aston/Mercedes could be the DBS or Vantage vs. the SL65 AMG Black.

'03 Viper vs. '06 ZO6 vs. '04(?) F430

M5 vs. C63 AMG

EXO vs. WRX

MP4-12C vs. 458

These are just a few ideas. There are countless great match ups.

Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:54 pm

I would race things like Viper Vs. Cobra, since the former is based on the latter, but making the two run evenly would be the devil's own job.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 pm

well stevil, ive built i a Corvette Z06X, we could do a spec tourney with that build
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Sounds interesting. Depending on when you do it I might be interested.
Back to top Go down

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 am

Viper vs Cobra - might be a stretch. Didn't know the Viper was based on the Cobra given Shelby's relationship with Ford and the Ford engines they used - or is just the concept - shoehorn the most cubic inches you can into the car - it'll work, I promise.
X8, this does remind me of an idea I had though, Father/Son, Older/Younger - whatever you want to call it. Team up with someone and you both drive the same cars from different years. Ex. '68 Shelby/'10 Shelby, '70 ZR1/'09 ZR1, 71 Skyline/95 Skyline - you get the point. There's a lot of cars in the game we could do this with.

Hill, you built a Z06X? Strangely, I have as well - who knew? It's not accurate though, as all I know is it has 600hp, no numbers on torque, weight, lat. G's, etc. But it looks good and goes fast! Let me know when you want to throw down. Maybe we can find a few more people that actually appreciate the Vette and don't hate it just to be cool because TopGear dogs on it. I know who you are!

I wasn't planning on a set schedule, more of a just a concept for races that can be open ended and can take place on short notice when people have the chance to race. Just be sure to share as many ideas for match ups as you can - the more we have the more people will be interested.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Though I don't have any examples yet, I would like to see some cars other than the usual suspects. Maybe the ZR1 instead of the Z06? Vs the Cobra 427?
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:25 am

ive got a R3 Z06 build which is fantastic to drive and would be great for a spec race
Back to top Go down

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Hill, given the specs of the Z06X, I don't think it would be in R3. High S probably.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:08 pm

well its not a Z06X its kinda a GT3 spec C6 Z06, The Z06X i built isnt as fun to drive as the the R3 one
Back to top Go down

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:11 pm

My thoughts for the first race were to start off broad. Specifically, 4 cars that are quite close together and after some testing I think would make for some fun racing. The cars are;

03 Dodge Viper
Ferrari F430
Porsche 911 GT2
Covette Z06.

Their PI's start off within 10 of each other. The upgrades will vary by car, but they will be limited to tire compound, width (on some) and differential. Beyond that, the goal is to keep the cars as close to original as possible. Final PI's will be around 610-615.

The plan is to do two races, back to back on different track types. If you're interested, speak up and let me know what car you're thinking about as well as what tracks you'd like to see.
Back to top Go down

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Did I hear a Ferrari? I'm there. No requests on tracks. Anything is fine.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:40 pm

I'd like to do this as well. I'll go for the Viper or the Vette. I haven't driven a Viper on a long time for this game, so would be nice to try something else out.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Put me in the F430. I'd personally like to race on Camino X, Nurburgring GP (but only if everyone has the DLC) and Sebring Full, but I'll race anywhere.
Back to top Go down

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:39 pm

BMW Vs Audi -_-
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh it's on!
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm

lp640 vs f50 S class?

gallardo vs 360cs A class Wink
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Kia vs. Civic (just for lulz)
Back to top Go down

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:59 pm

BMW vs. Audi? It's Forza, Audi's are magical and the Bimmers would never compete.

LP640 vs. F50? F40's stronger and still wouldn't compete - 640's too much of an LB car, which sucks because it's one of my favorite cars in the game. The 670 might work, less room to upgrade, and if going newer maybe the 670 vs. 458?

Kia vs. Civic - vs. a 500 ft cliff. Race to the bottom!
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:03 pm

My money's on the Kia. It's gotta be good at something.
Back to top Go down

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:01 am

btw, I bought the 430 and tuned it on my own to S Class. It's exceedingly difficult to get that car to really take corners properly. Just thought I'd throw that out there while options are being considered.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:34 am

how many people here have Stigs garage codes, The LF-A vs GT-R would go down a treat
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:00 am

Not I Hill.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Hopefully Gamestop will be getting the new release this week and I be getting it.fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spec Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spec Racing   Spec Racing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spec Racing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next