Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Ferrari F50GT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

Ferrari F50GT Empty
PostFerrari F50GT

Ferrari F50GT Y10

Out of any car we've reviewed, it's safe to say the F50GT is the best performing. However, it is very underrated and overlooked by the Forza community. Maybe it's the looks, or maybe because it's not called Mosler MT900, or people can't afford 500k credits, or something. I don't really know. Anyways, if there's anything wrong with the F50GT, it's the following: Speed. It's not the fastest R2 car out there. Lack of upgrades is another, you can only upgrade the rim style. Another one is (opinion!) looks. It's easily one of the worst looking Ferraris in game. But that's my opinion. What's a llama's opinion matter to you guys anyway? You only seem to love my scarf. Anyway, the F50GT doesn't have that much wrong with it. Maybe some slight understeer and the gear ratios, but that's about it.

Upgraded
So anyways, I massively upgraded the F50GT by adding lighter rims! It went up a WHOLE 2 PI points!!!! It's so fas-screw it. It barely affects the car at all. What this car is is a tuner's car. To get the best out of it, you have to tune it. It has very, very good acceleration, handling and braking. Tuning these really lets this car put up lap times. One thing I adjusted was the final drive ratio and gearing ratios to improve throttle response and acceleration, and adding about 10 miles per hour to the top speed. Ramping up the downforce and adjusting the suspension really lets this car stick to the road. After tuning and some stylin' rims, the F50GT happily goes around corners very quickly, accelerates really quickly, and is a huge blast to drive, especially on the 'Ring. It's worth the 500k credits, which really isn't that much, you cheapos. It's like 2 hours of racing, jeez. Anyways, I give this car 2 hooves up, for performance and fun driving.

Online Results
You'll all be happy to know the F50GT can take on, crush, destroy, explode, etc, the Mosler. On long straightaways, not really, but anywhere else and the Mosler won't know what hit it. Okay, that was really biased. Anyways, the F50GT can put up a very, very good fight with the Mosler. You can out handle the Mosler in corners, outbrake them, but they'll have you on the straights. Expect very high placed finishes, unless you're faced with like, level 35s in Moslers.

And now..for the surprise!

Bobbo (Darkside/Alphabet Soup/Rob/etc) and I tested his Pagani Zonda R against my F50GT, on Nurburgring P2P Layout B.

We did two heats, one was a photo session, the other was a race.
In case you were wondering, Bobbo won the race. I blame the drag from my scarf for losing.

Anyways, the Zonda R is a monster. Bobbo had me on acceleration, but I had him in the corners. It was a fun race, not for serious. We're both not the best 'Ring drivers, and saying the Zonda R is awesomesauce and the F50GT is terrible would be biased. The F50GT is almost like a 500k CR Zonda R, with a bit less power.
Photos:

Ferrari F50GT R211

Ferrari F50GT F50310

Ferrari F50GT F5010
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
Share this post on: reddit

Ferrari F50GT :: Comments

SoulTerror08
Re: Ferrari F50GT
Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm by SoulTerror08
Nice review, pictures look dark though.
Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:45 pm by Guest
Nice review...I think I see your scarf hanging out the window in one of the pics.
Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 pm by Guest
great review llama,it was fun racing Zonda R vs F50GT,make sure to check out my review!
EZT MAKO 6669
Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:52 pm by EZT MAKO 6669
How did you get the driving gloves on your hooves?
Marxist Llama
Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:15 pm by Marxist Llama
I have prosthetic hands I slip over my hooves for driving.
Retpetty
Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 pm by Retpetty
Ferrari F50GT 5221497148_40e52b389f_b

Ferrari F50GT 5221497144_0d7ce10e74_b
Soulfire XP
Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:45 pm by Soulfire XP
nice review one of the best cars in forza in my opinion

Ive donated one of these for the giveaway so whoever wins it enjoy
Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:10 pm by Guest
Great right up!
The F50GT is a beast. It was the first R2 car I bought in the game, and for about 3-4 months didn't know/care that any others existed. At 500k, I firmly believe it is the best bargain in the game. Stock, it's a monster. Tuned; tire press., F.D.R., aero, etc - it's even better.
Some quick observations.
1. Much to my dismay, it will not keep w/ the Mosler - not in cornering, accel, braking or top speed. Not even close. The Mosler comes from the land of gnomes and elfs, brother to the AWD Viper - forvever to be cast off by those that respect cars and racing.
2. Although the Zonda R is a beast, and one of my favorite cars in Forza, the F50GT still owns it. There's a few tracks the Zonda R has the advantage (Nurburgring is not one of them)**, but overall the F50GT is a stronger car. (Only 1/2 as cooll/badass though.)

(**This is pertaining to the game only, as we all know the Zonda R recently beat the Radical at Nurburgring with a 6:47, making it the fastest production car at the Ring. Ferrari's Ring success comes from the 599XX with a 6:58, making it the fastest production race car. Not sure if the F50GT ever had a proper shot at the title.)
Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:37 pm by Guest
Stevil1399 wrote:
Great right up!
The F50GT is a beast. It was the first R2 car I bought in the game, and for about 3-4 months didn't know/care that any others existed. At 500k, I firmly believe it is the best bargain in the game. Stock, it's a monster. Tuned; tire press., F.D.R., aero, etc - it's even better.
Some quick observations.
1. Much to my dismay, it will not keep w/ the Mosler - not in cornering, accel, braking or top speed. Not even close. The Mosler comes from the land of gnomes and elfs, brother to the AWD Viper - forvever to be cast off by those that respect cars and racing.
2. Although the Zonda R is a beast, and one of my favorite cars in Forza, the F50GT still owns it. There's a few tracks the Zonda R has the advantage (Nurburgring is not one of them)**, but overall the F50GT is a stronger car. (Only 1/2 as cooll/badass though.)

(**This is pertaining to the game only, as we all know the Zonda R recently beat the Radical at Nurburgring with a 6:47, making it the fastest production car at the Ring. Ferrari's Ring success comes from the 599XX with a 6:58, making it the fastest production race car. Not sure if the F50GT ever had a proper shot at the title.)

from what i read/heard that the f50GT was set to make a run at Nurburgring but the entire project was folded up in i believe 1996 when Ferrari started to focus more on Formula 1 racing and scrapped the f50GT
Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:40 pm by Guest
That's true, after making only 3 cars, they scraped it to focus on F1. Since Ferrari wouldn't be racing the F50GT, they felt there would be no money in it. 3 more were partially built but destroyed. The 3 that made it out the door are now living in Australia, Beverly Hills and Japan.
Rockon2dawn
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:56 pm by Rockon2dawn
1 of the 3 was made road legal
Post  by Sponsored content

Ferrari F50GT

Page 1 of 1