Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti Empty
PostFerrari 612 Scaglietti

Written by 8 Eleven, with some editing and writing by Llama.
Tune created by Llama, refined and tested by 8 Eleven.

So, just what the heck is wrong with this car?
So, first off, we thought that we'd start off with a car that none of us have ever seen driven anywhere - the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, if you can call it a Ferrari. Right from the start, this car doesn't look like it was originally a Ferrari. The engine is in the front, it's over 4000 pounds, has a fully furnished interior with 4 seats, and looks bigger in every way than all of the other Ferraris. The colour that the little picture shows isn't even Ferrari's signature Rosso Corsa - instead, it's some sort of navy blue. And then, there's the way that it looks: like Ferrari decided to smush together an Aston Martin with a Maserati, and then throw the trademark Ferrari circular lights vaguely where it should have been.

Before
So, we took it for a drive - on Amalfi Full, of course. It sounds like a Ferrari - the engine note had a nice crescendo in the higher RPM's and a rumble in the lower ones. The engine will also have an impressive top end. However, the positives pretty much end there. As Llama said, "I think this may have been the worst car I've ever driven." And it was. The body roll was diabolical, it pushed through corners like a pig, and the brakes felt like they were from 1955, gears were terribly off. Even the engine's 500+ horses couldn't save it - it had no power down low, and the power band was so steep it was like having a quad turbo. Despite all this, I got a top 3000 (o_0) time on Amalfi.

Stock (aka crap) performance:

Basics:

532 hp
434 lb-ft of torque
4,112 lbs

Acceleration:

0 - 60: 4.6 seconds
0 - 100: 10.234 seconds
Top Speed: 200 mph

Braking:

60 - 0: 131.8 ft
100 - 0: 346.5 ft

Lateral G's

60 mph: 0.98
120 mph: 0.97

After!
Since the car starts so low, in A 503, I thought the better route would be to take it into B class and let it run away from all of the AWD Golfs. This didn't work, though. To put it down I had to add ballast (in the form of fake chrome rims) which made the car drive even worse. So, we revisited the tune shop and added every handling upgrade under the sun. This included putting the Scaglietti on a massive diet, adding a full roll cage, anti roll bars, suspension and tire width, plus sport tire compound. We didn't really do much to the engine - we found out that after reducing the weight, the engine became more responsive and willing to accelerate. After stiffening the crap out of the springs and adjusting the damping and alignment so that it understeered less, we were ready.

Upgraded performance:

Basics:

532 hp
434 lb-ft of torque
3,318 lbs

Acceleration:

0 - 60: 3.990 seconds
0 - 100: 8.626 seconds
Top Speed: 201.5 mph

Braking:

60 - 0: 121.2 ft
100 - 0: 307.9 ft

Lateral G's:

60 mph: 1.14
120 mph: 1.14

Online results
The Scaglietti, after tuning and upgrading performs fairly well in the hoppers. It can contend with most LB cars, having good accel, a great top end, and stability in the corners. On long tracks it is at a disadvantage against speed oriented tunes, and handling oriented tunes, but provides a nice medium for most tracks. Expect midfield or higher finishes. Not bad for a car that starts out as a POS.

The tune is A600, and is available on Llama's SF (5000 credits), or by request.

Last edited by x 8Eleven on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti :: Comments

Re: Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:53 pm by Guest
good write up Smile... now where's the pictures?
Marxist Llama
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:59 pm by Marxist Llama
It's a WIP. Also a prototype for the blog as well.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:18 pm by Guest
still... good right up so far Smile
SoulTerror08
Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 am by SoulTerror08
Pictures or it didn't happen! :p
Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:52 pm by Toasterr x
Hehe, be patient, I'm working on it Razz
Post  by Sponsored content