Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Thursday works Very Happy

Gotta tune my Group 3 Car... my RS200 is ready to go.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:24 am

thursday is good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:44 am

Have fun Smile Thanks Steve for getting this far! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:15 pm

The races will be 1 class each for the 1st night, that can change for following races. We'll discuss what people would like to run and then set up the races accordingly. For Thursday, race 1 will be group 1 and race 2 will be group 3.

*Anybody know how to use the roll of delay without it starting everyones' timer at the same time vs. starting when they cross the start line?*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:17 pm

The way how it's done in the FM3 game, is that you can do a "Per Car Roll Off:" and you can set it for 5 -10 seconds, and then you all can run at around 50mph with the same distance the whole way around, and then once you get to about 1/8 of the mile close to the starting line, you can just floor it and have fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Turtle, I've driven both those Group A cars and the WRX is lethally fast. The RS200 is more fun to drive, even if it is a little slower on the straights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:59 pm

i've been playing around with the settings and there is no real way to do the roll off delay without it doing the timer all at once, but for the point to point style races i think it would work, gotta check, but you just have to look at lap time since there is only one lap really
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:38 pm

ah ok...

just do a 5-10 second delay per car roll off, and you guys try to get the best timings?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:19 pm

last race of the muscle car series we did we did a 5 sec roll off delay per car and just subtracted the time from everyones time that was added, be better if we didn't have to do that but if needed its needed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:18 pm

We'll have to do the subtraction method, as it doesn't even work properly for point to point races. Oh well, a little math never killed anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 pm

well that blows figured the point to point it might work, oh well just some basic math not anything complicated
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:39 pm

If the 5 second delay is there because of the possibility of a crash, couldn't we just set the collision to off, but still make every conscious effort to pass as if the cars are solid?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:41 pm

having it set to off kinda kills the whole race aspect of it, plus it ruins the pics
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 pm

I guess... just seems easier than setting the race timer and then doing math to find out who placed where is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:07 pm

not that hard tho, each postion only adds 5 seconds
so if you started 2nd just take 5 off, 3rd 10 off, and so on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:14 am

yep that's the way to do it fail... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Point to point still adds the roll off delay and on Nurbirgring, if you draft it cause the lap to be dirty as well! The collisions off idea would be an easy fix, but given that we're already running no damage, seems a bit too much. I don't know, might be best, we'll decide before the race starts.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:33 pm

I was off to buy the WRC vinyl that I just read about in the first page, and it looks like T10's servers are down. Hopefully it mends itself before the race.

But, yay for actually doing a legitimate paintjob!
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Also, running 6:10 in the RS200 on Positano and running 1:49 in the Stratos on Sidewinder. No idea if that's a good time, but the rear tires on the Stratos seem to lack any grip, so I'll bet a chuck of money that it's not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:19 pm

GT: EuroBugg
Team: RSD
Cars you will be running: Group 1 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI, Group 2 Volvo S60, Group 3 80 Fiat 131 Abrath 65 Alfa GTA, Group 4 Lancia Delta.)
Best days for you to race: Anytime

So I totally just remembered this, sorry. I'll buy the number board when I get home, which should be in a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Next Race is this Thursday, Oct. 14th at 8:30 PM EST.
The 1st race will be Group 2 Cars (AWD A Class), Nurbergring Point to Point, stages 2 and 3 (# of heats will depend on # of Drivers).
The 2nd race will be Group 4 Cars (AWD B Class Classics), Fujimi Point to Point, stages 1 and 4. (Again, # of heats will depend on # of drivers.)

**Results from 1st race are in 2nd post of this thread, as will all future results be posted there.**
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Sweet, should be there. I haven't bought the Quattro yet (yikes!) but I do have my Eclipse ready. 9.0 launch is a crazy amount for an A class car, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm

X8, I switched to the Celica because you said you wanted the Delta. You're not obligated to run it, just letting you know it's available. Quattro's a liitle weaker - maybe you should run that. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:51 pm

i might be able to run a subaru if i can?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:11 pm

GT: CJs87Stang
Team: USAF
Cars you will be running: Group 1: '05 Subaru WRX
Best days for you to race: When the next race is ready..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next