Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

World Touring Car Championship **Finished**

Go down 
+9
VVV GGspeed
Retpetty
xVampirAx
EZT Ironhide
hillcrest34
turtletime74
EZT MAKO 6669
Marxist Llama
Rockon2dawn
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Empty
PostSubject: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 pm

World Touring Car Championship
The brilliant mind of I Am Afroduck I present to you the World Touring Car Championship. The aim of the championship is to closely replicate the rules and regulations of championships such as the BTCC and WTCC (with obvious changes to allow for a more diverse grid). If you're thinking of applying, please read all the info below before doing so. We are looking to get the championship running as soon as possible so keep an eye out for any updates after you have entered.

Rules
Spoiler:

Car List
Spoiler:

Race Rules and Track List
Spoiler:

Please post ALL entries in this thread

Last edited by I Am Afroduck on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:57 am; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Might enter depending on time/dates, etc because i have lots of exams coming up soon but i'm definitely interested Smile
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 pm

I came up with some track ideas.

-Silverstone International
-Laguna Seca
-Bugatti Circuit
-Camino Full (not Extreme olol)
-Motegi..East? The non oval type one
-Suzuka West
-Nurburgring GP Short
etc

Also, more rules (yay!):
-Limited damage?
-Mandatory pitstop
-Grid ordering set to random for first race? And then reverse lobby points for the rest?
etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

This is looking good so far! I like the car choices.
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Hopefully we can get quite a few people interested, as 5 people in a whole series can get a little tedious at times. We'll have to figure out dates and times as well. Maybe Sundays? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm

I like were this is heading and Llama chose some interesting tracks.
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks. Hopefully this gains more interest, it should be close racing (dunno about the AWDs but we'll find out).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:26 pm

I should be down. Get to race a FWD final. LOL I guess well see.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:27 am

just a heads up, i've already posted a tournement really similar to this
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 am

You know what Hill?

Yes, you have. But yours is a higher class, less strict one. Hopefully we don't steal anyone from it!
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 am

apart from mine being A class and open to more cars they're incredibly similar... just sayin
Back to top Go down
EZT Ironhide
EZT Ironhide

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 am

This seems like it may be of some interest.
Back to top Go down
http://hardluckracing.freeforums.org

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:50 am

hillcrest34 wrote:
apart from mine being A class and open to more cars they're incredibly similar... just sayin

Me and Llama discussed this already and so far as we could see it was the only problem, I'd say the major difference is that we're being very strict over the types of car being run and running a lower class. Ours is very much aimed at replicating championships like the BTCC and WTCC....I can understand why your unhappy though.

****UPDATE****
The following cars have now been approved for entry:
Mugen Civic Type R (2010)
Mugen Integra (2002)
Insignia VXR (2010)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 am

I don't see how there would be any problem if they were ran on different days. Maybe even ran after one series is over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:57 am

Well I've finished reviewing the Car List and it seems Llama and I did a good job of drawing up the initial car list, as only two cars have had to be dropped. Both the SAAB 9-3 Turbo X and the Audi S4 (2000) have has to be dropped due to a lack of any drivetrain conversions. You can now select a car of the list safe in the knowledge that it is eligible.

Looking at times to race at the moment, I'd say between 7-9pm British Time on a weekday is what we're looking at...any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:07 pm

I would suggest a Sunday morning, but that would be silly of me, wouldn't it? Kidding aside, I would love to take part in this, but alas, my schedule will not permit me to. IF the races fell between 12-1pm American time, I would be able to join in, but I realize that will probably not work for everyone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:53 pm

I'll see If I can work something out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 pm

iff it would be around 800pm (gmt) midweek i would be down.
Just need to build a car
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 pm

I'd definately be interested in taking part guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Keep an eye out for Track updates and dates....I'll update as soon as we're ready to accept entries
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:56 am

I Am Afroduck wrote:
hillcrest34 wrote:

Me and Llama discussed this already and so far as we could see it was the only problem, I'd say the major difference is that we're being very strict over the types of car being run and running a lower class. Ours is very much aimed at replicating championships like the BTCC and WTCC....I can understand why your unhappy though.

****UPDATE****
The following cars have now been approved for entry:
Mugen Civic Type R (2010)
Mugen Integra (2002)
Insignia VXR (2010)

Don't get me wrong, i want to race and think this is a good idea, and mine is sorta based around touring cars of the 80s and 90s. The only thing i'm unhappy about is that you're trying to get this running as the same time as mine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:47 am

Well the way I see it you're first in the pecking order, so you have first pick as to when yours is run, then we'll organise ours after. I'm also going to presume you've finished compiling rules etc, so you're at the point where you're picking dates for your races. If that's the case then you're at a more advanced stage of preparing your championship then we are at the moment anyway.

All I ask is that you let me know what dates you've set, so's to avoid any clashes.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:54 am

What would be really great is if BOTH series had full lobbies! There are certainly more than enough drivers to go around. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:30 pm

im intrested in doing this.shame i cannot race ford R500 cosworth or even a 190e.
when will you have a list of the cars that are alllowed for this championship.i think i have a mugen honda so that wont be a problem but i run it with one of the bttc liverys on it if thats ok.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:51 pm

The cars are listed. Go to the first post and click on the word spoiler under car list, this will bring up this list. It's just a way to save space on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship **Finished**   World Touring Car Championship **Finished** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Touring Car Championship **Finished**
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next