Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Your worst online experiences.

Go down 
+9
VVV GGspeed
BadBooking
samohtski
EZT MAKO 6669
Soulfire XP
mr harms
raine88
Saltine713
Toasterr x
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Xpdite wrote:
I've also seen a car ahead go off wide, rise into the air and land back on the track. Anyone else seen this? I guess it's a cheat and there's little that can be done to block stuff like that? Shame.

I think that's just lag. That's happened to people from my point of view, and if enough bandwidth isn't sufficient, then it'll happen to you by other people's point of view as well. It might very well be a cheat, but I've never heard of such cases.

Anyway, I was in a B class hopper, and I was literally the only person NOT driving an AWD Golf. In my S2000, needless to say, I got smoked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:39 pm

x 8Eleven wrote:
Xpdite wrote:
I've also seen a car ahead go off wide, rise into the air and land back on the track. Anyone else seen this? I guess it's a cheat and there's little that can be done to block stuff like that? Shame.

I think that's just lag. That's happened to people from my point of view, and if enough bandwidth isn't sufficient, then it'll happen to you by other people's point of view as well. It might very well be a cheat, but I've never heard of such cases.

Anyway, I was in a B class hopper, and I was literally the only person NOT driving an AWD Golf. In my S2000, needless to say, I got smoked.

Good to know - thanks. Glad that I didn't 'vote to kick' or leave negative GamerCard feedback now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:48 am

I have done a total of one race in a public lobby. I will never do it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:46 pm

xxlebox wrote:
I have done a total of one race in a public lobby. I will never do it again.

Ouch! Must have been a dreadful experience - what happened?!

I'm racing in the public lobby (F series circuits) quite regularly now while I wait to join FLR's Europa team, and it's not soooo bad... I reckon 7 or 8 out of 10 races are reasonably well conducted and fun to participate in, but nevertheless looking forward to the properly controlled and more mature FLR environment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Well, it's not completely true. It was actually one session of three races. In all three races, there were idiots that would just bump you off the road on straights etc. Never felt like trying Public Lobbies again after it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:15 pm

im baffled of the amount of intelligence in public lobby's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Xpdite, I've seen you in the F class hoppers! I hope it wasn't when I was corned off!

I was racing in those for a while before I joined FLR. Met a couple good guys, couldn't keep up with them, but they were friendly, helpful, and clean. Ran into a bunch of D-bags too. I knew I was way slower than everyone else's leaderboard cars so I generally stayed out of the way, but after about a week of needlessly getting bashed around, I gave up on being nice.

I had one experience where I watched another guy bash a guy off on turn 1 at Road Atlanta, I stayed back and drove through the chaos. The guy who got bashed, decided it was me because I was the only one not in a Golf and yells at me for the next five races. I tried explaining my point of view only to get called a fa_ _ _ t and a stupid yank among other things. Eventually all his friends show up and start vote-kicking me every race.

There was also some other guy who for three days straight, every time I was near him in a corner, I got hit. Like, not get a little loose hit, fly into the wall hit. Finally, I give up on being sportsman-like and take him out of the next race.

Guess who got kicked? Oh, and guess who's only feedback is negative.

Racing with the team is way better, kinda saved the game for me.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks Kev! It's great to know that you enjoy racing with the team. One thing baffles me though. You claim your slow in the public hoppers. After racing with you several times, I find you to be an excellent driver! I raced extensively in the A class hoppers, usually managing at least a 3rd or 4th. You seem to have no trouble keeping up with and even passing me! LOL!

Off topic, I know, sorry!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Ha, yeah, I can't figure it out either. I think part of it is I stay away from the LB cars, and the other is that racing in F class and the production hopper requires you to be REALLY smooth and really know the track. The slower cars are all about keeping your momentum up and not knowing the tracks really well, I make mistakes and the mistakes are way more costly in the slower cars.

Also, I think you have to be a little less polite in the public hoppers, and I give people a TON of room because I'm tired of getting yelled at by people who:
a. always take the perfect racing line even though your car is there and has the right to it
b. think they never make mistakes
c. can't handle when other people make mistakes
d. don't remember that it's a game and that it really has no bearing on your life.

So, in general I think I'm comfortable being more assertive when racing with the team because we are all on the same page, having fun, and know where our priorities are. And, I know if I bump you or anyone else on the team off the track (by mistake) we're just gonna laugh about it and keep racing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Oh, and following someone cleanly for half a lap because you know you're better through the sweeper (and it's too risky to pass in those chicanes on New York), setting them up and getting brake checked on that little right hand bend that isn't really a corner before that long 2nd gear left.

Man I hate that.

Even worse... making the clean pass and getting plowed into in one of the chicanes on the front straight. Ha.

Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Totally agree with you on all points. I made several mistakes sunday, yet no one called me any dirty names! Almost forgot I was racing real people! LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
BadBooking
BadBooking

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 am

Getting punted out of the lead 2 weeks ago Sad . It was at Twin Ring Motegi (the road course). I was running second the grand majority of the race until the leader went off the course and I made my move and passed him. Going into a sharp left-hander, I was rammed in the rear off the course and out of contention.
Back to top Go down
http://astore.amazon.com/badboosblo-20

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Last week racing in the cycled production race I was in front of this guy for the whole race we were having a really good close race,untill the very last corner of the very last lap.he didn't even brake just went straight into me full pelt.as soon as we went back to the lobby he voted to kick me,my blood was boiling
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:50 pm

That's why we have this league, there's none of that here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Ouch lol.. cant really say anything like that happened to me, although when i went drifting once, i was in a BMW (duhh) and some dude in a red civic purposely rammed me because i was in the lead and in the middle of a 6k drift. He continued the WHOLE race to purposely ram me. Then, HE sends me XBL mssgs tellin me to F' Off and stuff like im a H*mo. like wtf ? -________-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:53 pm

me and steve jumped in the b class muscle car hoppers and it was a sight, myself and steve jumped out to 1st and 2nd at Laguna and you know at the corkscrew what would happen, the guy in 3rd right on steve went to cut it and proceded to nail him in the door wrecking both. after the race the idiot sent steve a message telling him to learn how to drive, next race we go to Road Atlanta and on the start it looked like he was setting up to hit Steve on the start but forgot i was in the race to and plowed into me on the strait after i got a bad start. he wrecked himself a few more times trying to hit ppl going into the cornor then left after that race and we did to since a few others on our FL got online.
Back to top Go down
Soulfire XP
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Soulfire XP

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:05 pm

I thought with black ops, halo reach, fable 3, GT5 and all that the idiots would be gone or at least less common I was completely wrong as IdrivetheS5 and I were doing some public lobbie racing in S class where for the 1st two races one guy was aggressively ramming anyone he could who was passing. I also hate how people can't stand seeing the Stigs garage pack cars as Ive been kicked instantly for just bringing out lets say an IFA and during a race on road America a guy in front reversed into my IFA at the start and the guy behind me deliberately drove into the back of my car both of em champion ranks aswell.

honestly if you would get lets say 1000 CR for every bad thing in FM3 public lobbies everybody here at FLR would have Ferrari 250 GTOs Smile

This is what I like about FLR fun and fair clean racing and a great community Smile
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:50 pm

^ I can attest to this. I don't usually call out people, but go and send this guy some hate mail, mark him as an avoided player, etc. Clicky. (If that's against the rules I'll delete this.)

Spoiler:

Honestly I don't see why people feel the need to ruin other people's races. I was tempted to get in my Panamera and show him a piece of my mind.

I also remember when I was in a party with BnF and some guy tried to get into an internet fight with all of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:30 am

Another thing that seems to happen to me alot is when I'm in front of a car,and the driver has a higher ranking,if he knows he can't catch up(or can't be botherd to try)they just disconnect from the race and then your in the lobby waiting for the next race and low and behold they turn back up.
It really annoys me when they constantly jump in and out of races just because they are not right at the front where they think they belong.Its only 3 laps!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:46 am

Hi yar......sooooooo glad it's not only me that gets annoyed with the online racing part at times...

Now I probably don't help myself driving a pink 908 TDi as I'm sure some of the lads really don't like getting beaten by a girl but I seem to get shunted at every fricking chance.

My most utterly frustrating experience was a 4 lap race round Road Atlanta (R1 Class). After pulling away and getting a clean first corner some muppet used my car to brake himself into the next tight right hander. So of course I get knocked off the track and he zooms through into the lead. Took me the next 4 laps to claw my way back through the field, I over take him on the back straight and the muppet then again uses me as his brake into the chicane at the end of the straight sending me off over the grass and of course him sailing off into the distance to take the win.

It maybe conincidence but I tend to notice the people with the 'crown' by their user names all seem to be ramming fiends. Do you only get to 'Pro' level if you smash everything off in sight?

Why do i always seem to come off worst and they carry on without crashing?

Another thing i've noticed is being randomly voted out of the lobby's......I've had plenty of races where I've hit nobody, been a clean racer, taken the win or finished 2nd etc...only to then be booted out for no reason. Grinds my gears it does....

Bears beat beets.......official
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:50 pm

First off, I have both the "crown" next to my name, and a pro ranking, so let's play nice, shall we? Neither have anything to do with public lobby idiots. As for getting booted, did they know you were a girl? Not fair, but if you were better than them, they would surely kick you just for that. Try wearing the glasses with the mustache attached, that should fool them for a little while!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:29 am

Ha ha.........well yes clearly not all pro crown attired people are rammers then :-) I stand corrected

I think the pink 908 TDI I drive gives away who I am :-) ... I had the same problem last night in the public lobby's. Came 2nd in my first race, then won the next two no sweat. At that point I was booted out again. I hadn't hit anyone, infact the opposite....breaked nice and early offline for the first corners and sailed past the inevitable carnage.

Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:50 am

Yes, sadly, anyone who wins more than a couple races in a row will inevitably be voted out. While there is some good racing in the public hoppers, they are overwhelmingly populated with sore losers, crybabies, morons, juveniles,......you get the picture! As you get more involved here with us, you will no longer need to deal with them. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
VVV GGspeed
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
VVV GGspeed

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:06 am

MAKO 6669 wrote:
Yes, sadly, anyone who wins more than a couple races in a row will inevitably be voted out. While there is some good racing in the public hoppers, they are overwhelmingly populated with sore losers, crybabies, morons, juveniles,......you get the picture! As you get more involved here with us, you will no longer need to deal with them. Very Happy

i agree man im happy that i found this place Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Soulfire XP
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Soulfire XP

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 pm

^ same here otherwise I wouldnve stopped forza

lobbies dont look like their gona get any better as T10 removed the muscle car hopper the only worthwhile one out there

the crown icon appears next to ppl who bought the VIP pack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your worst online experiences.   Your worst online experiences. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your worst online experiences.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next