Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

World Touring Car Championship

Go down 
+3
Toasterr x
raine88
hillcrest34
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:17 pm

this is still on for tomorrow yes?
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:19 pm

had alot of fun racing this today. can we just confirm the timing and date for the next race so theres no confusion or anything Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah, sure Ret.

Races will start at 5pm GMT on Saturdays
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:54 pm

cool thanks damon Smile
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Squid and Afroduck's teams were no shows? They still have the chance to be competitive if they make all of the other races Very Happy

I can't wait for the first race I can actually make in this series lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:32 pm

Yeah, even with only 4 people racing, it was reasonably close Razz

I just need a new team mate, mine is most likely occupied at 6pm saturday. Anyone want to race on my team? You won't need to pay an entry fee or anything, I've got that covered Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Hey guys, as you could see in the first two races, we were very close at racing but seriously lacking on the straights. Hence why we have requested to Dam0n whether we could use the 3.6L engine on the engine swap. We've had a quick race with him and it hasn't made a major difference in our straight line speed however he has permitted us to use the engine (we were slower than Dam0ns MR2 at about 105mph onwards depending on distance and he was able to re-close the gap).

The engine itself only gives us 2 or 3 mph extra on the straights but the main reason why we changed is the fact that the torque curve is much better, with the old one we were losing 50% torque by the time we had to upshift, this one has a much better curve but has less torque overall (34lb/ft less to be precise) as well as 5hp less. The reason why I'm putting it in the thread is to make sure it doesn't bother you guys.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:53 pm

Not the one to be making the decision but as long as it doesn't give an unfair advantage I don't see why not. Although on the other hand the 2.5l rule was put in stone pretty early, but again it's not my call. I say try for a race, then if the Subarus are leaving all of the other cars in the dust, then put it back. But if it's almost no advantage on a straight as you say I can't see how it would be a problem, at least to me.

Just out of curiosity, what car did this engine you speak of come from? The Legacy?
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 pm

sounds fine to me Smile thanks for letting us know.

guess we'll see on the catalunya start finish straight what difference it makes

and my teammates in for next saturdays race so should be good Smile
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:14 pm

Wooot! Here's to a full lobby! Providing Dam0n gets a partner and either Squid/Shields or Afro/Metz show up Very Happy

Also for reference, my build of the S2000 has 186 lb/ft of torque, but it seems to make good use of it. Can't speak for Ret's, he might have bought different parts haha. I know that he likes to put more engine upgrades in his tunes than I do, and I max handling, grip and transmission before touching the engine, so it should be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm disappointed not to have made the race today I was told for most the week that the race was taking place at 5pm, but at the last minute this changed for whatever reason.
Saturdays a busy day for me like it is for most people and the only time I'm usually up for racing is around 4 - 7 pm. Any time after that, I'm usually planning to go out or chill at home playing something like Mass Effect (ie something with a story to it). Needless to say I'm not impressed with some of the extremely late decisions so far, In my opinion if someone can't make a race if the times are set within a reasonable date then tough luck, and if not enough people who can make it are interested in taking part, then again tough luck.
I'm not saying that changing the times is wrong, by all means try to accommodate as many people as possible it's the best thing to do for any tournament, just don't change things last minute and especially not on a busy day like Saturday because people usually have plans of which the races may be part of. I don't mean to moan, it's just my opinion and I think it could help a little to avoid some of the confusion of today.

Just to clarify the race is a 6PM Saturday 7th, Correct or is today a one off?

How did the race go by the way, was it as close as the test runs?
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:18 pm

DAM0NAT0R wrote:

Races will start at 5pm GMT on Saturdays
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:05 am

I Am Afroduck wrote:
I'm disappointed not to have made the race today I was told for most the week that the race was taking place at 5pm, but at the last minute this changed for whatever reason.
Saturdays a busy day for me like it is for most people and the only time I'm usually up for racing is around 4 - 7 pm. Any time after that, I'm usually planning to go out or chill at home playing something like Mass Effect (ie something with a story to it). Needless to say I'm not impressed with some of the extremely late decisions so far, In my opinion if someone can't make a race if the times are set within a reasonable date then tough luck, and if not enough people who can make it are interested in taking part, then again tough luck.
I'm not saying that changing the times is wrong, by all means try to accommodate as many people as possible it's the best thing to do for any tournament, just don't change things last minute and especially not on a busy day like Saturday because people usually have plans of which the races may be part of. I don't mean to moan, it's just my opinion and I think it could help a little to avoid some of the confusion of today.

Just to clarify the race is a 6PM Saturday 7th, Correct or is today a one off?

How did the race go by the way, was it as close as the test runs?

Sorry that you feel it was a late decision, but overall through the tournament it will allow more people to turn up. I know Metzkill and x 8eleven were unable to make this race, but the times now allow for them to participate later on.

As Retpetty quoted, the tournament will start at 5pm GMT on Saturdays.

For us this is 6pm because of BST.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:20 am

Oh dear. Saturdays in general are pretty bad for me. I'll race whenever I'm around
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:48 pm

I Am Afroduck wrote:
Needless to say I'm not impressed with some of the extremely late decisions so far, In my opinion if someone can't make a race if the times are set within a reasonable date then tough luck, and if not enough people who can make it are interested in taking part, then again tough luck.

I see your point about this. However, I had voiced my not being able to make Sundays as soon as DAM0N had posted the Sunday times (about a week in advance of the first race). I guess it just fell behind because there were a flood of posts, and I had to post another 2 times to get an alternative time. Also, when the alternative time was posted, nobody objected to it.

I can't speak for DAM0N but planning time is making sure that as many people as possible can make the times, and making sure that the ones who can't post about it so there can be tweaking, to catch still more people. Obviously a series I've been with since Day 1 and having put money and time into the tune and livery for my car, you bet I'm going to try to have the time changed if I can't make them.

I know this has already been replied to, I just wanted to get my side of the story out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Just a suggestion but why not run 1 lobby on a Saturday and 1 on a Sunday, and still have them open to join but you can't attend both?
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:49 pm

unfortuantely it looks unlikely i`ll be competing in this weekends race. but x8 will be there for the Team Adidas Honda Smile
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 am

I hope to attend the 8/15 session. Should know more early next week.

Afroduck - Put your Volvo on the Auction House and I'll buy it for 125k since you paid the full entry. If others buy it too, then hey, you make more! I should be on tomorrow evening at some point, so message me on XBL when it is there and I'll buy.

Also, can you send me any tunes you have so I can practice? If none, I'll start working Mugello as well next week.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Race today, T minus 1 hour! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:30 pm

I'm pulling out of the championship as I can't make any of the races, like I've said before Saturday's an extremely busy day for me usually,
@ Metzkill - You can still use my car or you can run your own if you want. If you want to run the volvo I'll gift you the car, it's ready to go apart from a tune and your driver number on the paintjob, I don't want any money for it I can spare 250k easily.
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Ok, thanks AD. Maybe we can hook up for another tournament. I don't think this works for me either as I'll post below.

Just to be sure, if these races are at 5 pm GMT, is that equivalent to like noon (12 pm) eastern time here in the US? If so, that won't work for me. For some reason I was thinking 5 pm (GMT -5) which would be about 10 pm GMT - 0). Plus, I think I've already missed two races right?

Please confirm.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:28 pm

have alot going on because its my daughters birthday so i doubt i`ll be able to make the race sorry.

get the entry money sorted damon since its the 11th and hopefully your storefront is available Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Yeah Metzkill, the races are at 5pm GMT, which makes it noon or you.

Cheers ret for letting me know beforehand.

ARRRRGH storefront has eaten all the payments i recieved :'(
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:31 pm

ill sort my payment tonight damon. man that sucks you lost all the entry fees Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:06 pm

I have 2.6mil anyway, so i can cover the cost of the winnings, but like you said it sucks Sad lost 875k i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Touring Car Championship   World Touring Car Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Touring Car Championship
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next