Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Empty
PostSubject: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Cancelled due to lack of participation
FLR World Rally Championship

From American Muscle we now move to the other end of the racing spectrum, Rally Racing. Small, agile, quick cars on tight, twisting tracks.
We will be running 4 different groups, A class, A class Alternative and B class Classics (Two different groups in the classics).
The races will be multi-class and run as timed point to point, timed full track with roll off delays as wells as some traditional races on short circuits.
The races will be held at Rally di Positano, Fujimi Kaido, Camino Viejo, Nurburgring and Sidewinder as well as Tsukuba, Maple Valley and Laguna Seca.

The cars:
Group 1 A600 class:
Subaru WRX STI: 04, 05 and 08 as well as the 22B
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO: VI, VIII, IX and X
Peugeot: 207 Super 2000
Ford: RS200 and ’09 Focus RS (AWD Conversion)

Group 2 A600 Alternative class (Cars that have been raced in Rally X, but won’t run as quick as group 1)
Saab: 9.3 Turbo X, 9.3 Aero (AWD Conversion)
Volvo: S60
Subaru: 05 Legacy B4
Mitsubishi: 95 Eclipse
Eagle: 98 Talon

Group 3 B500 Rally Classics RWD (Must remain RWD)
65 Alfa Romeo Giula Sprint GTA
70 Datsun 510
74 Lanica Stratos
80 Renault 5 Turbo
80 Fiat 131 Abrath

Group 4 B500 Rally Classics AWD
83 Audi Quattro
92 Lancia Delta
94 Toyota Celica

Cars can be upgraded/tuned as you like. Engine swaps are allowed. AWD conversions are allowed only on the cars specified above, no others. Heavy rims (DUBS, Lexani) are not allowed on any car, if you show up to race with them, you will be asked to leave the lobby as these are not an upgrade to a car.

Cars must be painted in your team paint or a traditional Rally livery with your FLR # clearly displayed on both sides as well as the roof. If you're too lazy to put a paint scheme on your car, please don't enter, as it screws up series photos, etc.

**There is a # board on my SF titled FLR WRC. It's 1,000 credits - the least you can charge - I put it in there so it wouldn't be changed, please grab one and use that. If the 1,000 credits are in issue - Saltine said he would buy it for you as well as any cars you need for the tourney and he'll upgrade them for you and he can act as a substitute driver for you if you can't make a race - just ask him.**

Each person can race in 1, 2, 3 or all groups. We will be holding events multiple times per week, with multiple groups running. If there is a race taking place and you want to participate, just sign up for which group you will be running in. Once you have selected a car for a specific group, you must stay with that car throughout the series.

Scoring will based on best time or position, depending on race format for each individual group. Points are as follows: 1st 10, 2nd 7, 3rd 6, 4th 5, etc. There must be a minimum of 4 racers in a class at a specific event for it to count towards your point total. (i.e., If only 2 people show up to race B500 RWD, that will not count as there will not be enough racers present for that class – minimum is 4.)
We will take your best 5 scores from each group and add them together to determine the winners of each group as well as the overall series winner. (If you race more groups you will accumulate more points towards the series total.)

Most races will be timed point to point or timed full track with roll off delays. Occasionally we will be running short circuit traditional races. Regardless of the format, FLR Racing Rules are in effect. If you are unclear on these, please ask your team leader or me to clarify.

I’m asking for a people to help me in hosting lobbies, keeping track of scoring etc, writing brief race reviews, taking photos, etc. These will be especially necessary for the EU racers given the time differences. If you are willing to help out, please let me know. I am also looking for people to donate cars/credits as prizes. We’ve chosen not to require a “buy in” to the series but would still like to reward those who do well. If you are willing to donate anything, please let me know.

The schedule is still being worked out, but I am looking at Sunday and Tuesday evenings as well as some time on Saturdays in an effort to accommodate people’s schedule.

To sign up, please enter:

GT
Team
Cars you will be running: (Example: Group 1 ’05 WRX. If you plan on racing multiple groups: Group 1 ’05 WRX, Group 3 65 Alfa GTA, Group 4 Lancia Delta.)
Best days for you to race:

The first race will be held on Sunday, Oct 3rd at 8:00 PM EST. The races will be Rally di Positano Full Circuit, 2 laps and Sidewinder Layout G, 4 laps. Both races will be time based with roll of delays between each car. The groups will be Group 1 and Group 3. If there are enough interested, we will run multiple lobbies with more groups. I look forward to a fun series where many of those in FLR can participate. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cancelled due to lack of participation

Last edited by Stevil1399 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Results   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Race #1. Positano Full, 3 laps, Group 1
1. X.8 - 18.44
2. Stevil - 18.54
3. Turtle - 18.56
4. Fail - 19.09

Race #2. Sidewinder G, 5 laps, Group 3
1. X8 - 9.08
2. Stevil - 9.17
3. Fail - 9.20
4. Turtle - 9.39

Last edited by Stevil1399 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Sounds fun, too bad I can only guarantee 1 night a week to racing and that's for my current series, and already working on another series after that.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:25 am

GT: hillcrest34
Team 5-9 MCE
Cars you will be running: Group 1 04 WRX STI, Group 2 Subaru Legacy Group 3 Lancia Stratos, Group 4 Toyota Celica
Best days for you to race: tuesdays, thursdays after 9:30 GMT-5 and i can possibly make saturdays

Last edited by hillcrest34 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 am

GT: FailRacing
Team: RSD
Cars you will be running: Group 1-Peugeot: 207 Super 2000, Group 2- 98 Eagle Talon, Group 3-80 Fiat 131 Abrath, Group 4-92 Lancia Delta
Best days for you to race: up for just about anyday right now
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 am

Stevil, do I have to sign up now, or can I sign up when I see a race I can make? If there is a race on a night I can participate, I would like to, but as an example, I can't do the first race as I work that night. If you post a race in the future that I can do, I will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Mako, go ahead and sign up now. This is series that is intended to be competitive yet casual, in that I mean we will be running a lot of races with the intention some will show on a regular basis and others will race more casually as schedules permit. Both are encouraged.
This goes for anyone that is interested. Don't feel you have to make every race in order to sign up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 pm

GT: Stevil1399
Team: RSD Racing
Cars you will be running:
Group 1: Exo X
Group 2: Legacy B4
Group 3: Fiat 131
Group 4: Lancia Delta

Best days for you to race: Whenever

* I will be ineligable to win, therefore I am flexiable on my car choices if any of those I have chosen seem more popular than others. *
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:24 pm

OK, thanks Stevil. I will register as soon as I decide which cars I want to use.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:08 pm

I will try to make a livery beyond the usual "paint the car black and put a funny saying on the side" thing that I do, cause I know that comment was aimed at me Razz

GT: x 8Eleven

Team: MSM

Cars you will be running:
Group 1: Ford RS200
Group 2: '95 Eclipse
Group 3: Lancia Stratos
Group 4: I had my heart set on the Delta, but I'll use the Quattro to change things up.

Best days for you to race: Get ready for a full essay.

Sundays won't happen, and I don't think that'll change soon xD
Mondays and Tuesdays are good, but from 3:15pm to 5:00pm EST only.
Wednesdays and Thursdays are good from 3:15pm to around 9:15ish pm EST.
Fridays is the best day for me to race, but I can't race from 9:30 to 10:30 as I have team races.
Saturday is every other week. I'm either on all day or it's like Sunday for me.

After popping your eyes back in, I have a question. Will each group have a set day? I'm not very well off in Forza world and don't want to buy cars that will end up being useless because I can't make the times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:15 pm

X8 that wasn't aimed at you, entirely, others as well. rabbit
Just a heads up, run the RS200 against an EVO, WRX or 207. (6:30 is probably a good target time on Positano if you just want to test it.) The RS200 is fast, and amazing in S class, but it's grip is pretty limited in A, just don't want you to grab a car that falls short in handling in a Rally series.
By all means, take the Delta - as I said I'm flexible with my cars, so if you'd like to run the Delta, please do.
As far as the schedule, right now I just don't know. It's going to depend on who signs up and the interest level in the specific groups. At the moment I know there's at least 4 of us that will be running all four groups so I know they'll all be raced. I just threw those days out there, if Wed./Thurs/Fri. work better for you, then I have no problem setting something up then. (Wednesday is a little tight, but any of those days work for me.)
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:37 pm

If I picked the Delta, then it would be 3 Delta's and nothing else so far Razz I'm all for variety. I've never actually driven the Quattro, should be interesting!

Is there set tunes, or just tune at your own discretion?

And 6:30? o_0 I remember on the LW Showdown I ran a 6:05, lol. I'll give it a shot. I love the handling for the RS200 stock, so I don't think I will do much there. If it doesn't work out, I'll be using the 22B. Can I keep that shade of blue as a base colour though? I really love that colour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:54 pm

X8 the Quattro is fun, but if you want to run the Delta, I can run the Celica - that's a blast too, as well as very strong. Whatever you want to race is cool.

The tunes are up to you, make 'em fast. Rules are no heavy rims and no drive train swaps unless specified (Saab 9.3 Aero and "09 Focus I think are the only two to get AWD.)

If you're happy with the RS200 then giddy up, just wanted to make sure you weren't in a car that you were disapointed with.

6:05!!?? What are we going to do with you!!?? My best is 6:23 I think.

You can use whatever colors you like and the livery doesn't have to be fancy, I just wanted them to look like race cars for pictures, etc. (Subaru racing does use that blue on there Team Rally cars.) If you want, I can throw together a simple livery for you for each car, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:13 pm

6:17.1 on the stock RS200. Ill keep it stock then,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:27 pm

X8, I'll slow you down, I'm putting sugar in your gas tank and a banana up your tailpipe! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Nah, knowing me I'll trash the first corner and then limp through the race with a damaged engine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:55 pm

No pits on these tracks, cosmetic damage only - therefore you still get the banana!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Checking to see if we have anyone else interested in this. Currently there are 7 drivers signed up (all from NA).
If anyone from the EU is interested, let me know so we can set up dates/times for the races.
If there are more drivers from NA, not a problem as we can run multiple lobbies as well as races on different days of the week to accomidate schedules.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Is the first race tomorrow? Just checking, if it is I won't be there D:
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:46 am

hey guys, im not going to be able to make the race tonight just giving a heads up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:57 am

looks like imma be out for tonight also, might be best to move it since it seems a lot of ppls can't make it.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:28 pm

No race tonight, since 3 people wont be able to make it. Pushed to Thursday the 7th at 8:00 PM EST if that works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:29 pm

that day is good for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:39 pm

also as for the races are we running both classes as in a multi-class race or 1 at one track and one at the other, might have said it before but i guess i missed it
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:55 pm

GT TURTLETIME74
Team BnF
Cars you will be running: Group 1 ’05 WRX , Group 2 S60, Group 3 datsun 510 , don't own any group 4
Best days for you to race:thursday or friday 8 pm est or weekend
will need to run some laps to decide group 1 and what to buy for group 4
in an act of diversity I wil use the wrx because I've own it longer and was going to use it in CJ's RallyCross.

Last edited by turtletime74 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED   FLR World Rally Championship  - CANCELLED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLR World Rally Championship - CANCELLED
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next