Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Empty
PostSubject: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Hello, and welcome to this topic about Car Soccer.
What is car soccer you ask?
2 Teams, Each with 3 drivers, try to bump and crash the designated 'ball' into opposing teams goal.

This game will be played on Benchmark Layout B, so ownership of the Benchmark Track is a requirement.

[1] Car Soccer, Rules and Basics

Drivers are REQUIRED to choose a SUV/Pickup Truck. The designated ball, will be the lobby host, in a Lotus Elan Sprint.

The "Goal" is the entrance to the respective warehouse.

Drivers cannot drive into opposing teams goalie, if goalie is sitting inside goal. However, if goalie leaves the 'box' he/she is free reign to be hit.

Drivers will not "lurk" in opposing teams goal, this is considered offsides and penalties will follow.

[2] Gameplay

As stated, drivers will form teams of 3, and strategies/formations are up to each specific team. It is recommended that drivers have one goalie, but this is not required. All three players may play up on the line, or back near the goal if desired.

MORE THAN ONE GOALIE HOWEVER, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

A Goalie is classified as any individual who has any part of their vehicle inside the shadow of the warehouse entrance on their respective side of the field. (See video above to visualize mentioned "shadow")

Damage will be cosmetic, and always on, to ensure that cars are still functional

[3] Restrictions

--Drivers must use SUV/Pickup Truck. Lobby host/ball will be Lotus Elan Sprint.

--B class PI restriction on SUV/Trucks. Lotus Elan will be stock.

--Ball will not drive, brake, turn, accelerate except to restart/begin play by driving to center.

[4] Scoring

-- A goal is scored when ANY part of the ball car crosses into the warehouse entrance shadow. NO EXCEPTIONS

--Honor system will be utilized, DO NOT ABUSE it. Either 5 goals are scored, or 15 minutes elapsed, whichever occurs first will signal the end of the game. Replays will be saved and reviewed for accuracy regarding scoring

[5] "Pining"

While it is possible to pin other drivers against the guardrails/walls in the track, this practice is HIGHLY discouraged. Make contact by all means, but do not pin any user for more than a few seconds.

[6] Penalty Box

A driver who enters the opposing teams goal box, ie is covered by the "shadow" is considered offside, and penalized. Any part of the drivers vehicle touching the opposing team's "goal" is considered offside. An exception is made if the ball crosses the plane first, with the user following shortly after. Since the goal occured first, the offside is negated. In the event of an offside, that user must return to his/her teams goalbox, before making contact with the ball/other drivers. Accidental contact is understood, but deliberate misconduct will result in further consequence, including but not limited to score/time penalties, and even disqualification from current match. In other words, DO NOT touch anyone else until you have returned to your goal, this INCLUDES the ball. The ball user will act as the designated referee for the match, calling out proper procedure.

All replays/reviews will be sent to the FLRRC for revision/deliberation.

[7] Liveries

Drivers are encouraged to come up with similar liveries amongst the three team members. Each driver must clearly depict their username, driver number, and the names of the members of their team upon their vehicle. Each team will have a primary color, so as to clearly delineate between members during the match. The ball by default will be white, so teams are not allowed to use white as a primary color in their designs.

[8] Tournament

A victory against another team results in 2 points, a tie 1 point, and a loss in 0 points awarded. After 20 matches, the team with the highest points will be the Car Soccer Champions, and winners of the tournament.

[9] Reserves

Reserves for this competition are NOT allowed. If teams field 2 members only, those team will have to compete against 3 members, or whoever shows up. In the case that only 1 user is available for the match, this user will speak with the referee/ball, who will grant a one hour delay of game start. Upon that one hour delay, the match will begin. If no members from a team show up, that team forfeits the match, and automatically loses.

[10] Race Schedule

Based upon popularity, 2 or even 3 separate "timezones" will operate simultaneously. This is to ensure North American, European, and Aus/NZ/Asia drivers all get to participate in a timely fashion.

Races will be scheduled every tues/thurs night. With two matches. This equates to 4 matches per week, for a total of 5 weeks, giving the 20 matches total.

Times are to follow:

US/Canada Lobby.

10 PM EST (GMT - 5 ) Tues/Thurs

Europe Lobby

10 PM GMT + 1 Tues/ Thurs

AUS/NZ/Asia Lobby

10 PM GMT + 10 Tues/ Thurs

Signups and Registration are to follow.

[11] Registration

If interested, please sign up for a team in whichever timezone would most benefit you.

Register in the follow format:

Gamertag:
Timezone Registering For (With Region in Parentheses):
Team Registering For:

My example:

Gamertag: CommandAlpha12
Timezone Registering For: GMT - 5 (US Timezone)
Team Registering For : Team 1

[12] The Teams

US/Canada

Team 1

1. CommandAlpha12
2. LM SO GODIY
3. Killer Kaz

Team 2
1. dawgbitedelarma
2. My BMW E36

Team 3
1. ToZ TPStixx
2. Grilled Sniper

Team 4

Europe

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Team 4

AUS/NZ/Asia

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Team 4

Upon completion of team formation, teams will be able to choose primary colors, names, and create liveries. NOTE, colors and names are on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.

Last edited by CommandAlpha12 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Gamertag: LM SO GODIY
Timezone Registering For (With Region in Parentheses): GMT -5 (USA)
Team Registering For: Team 1

This should be fun
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 am

Gamertag: LessThanOkay73
Timezone Registering For (With Region in Parentheses): GMT -5 (Canada)
Team Registering For: Doesn't Matter.

Unfortunately I will 99% not be able to make the Tuesday meets. Thursday will be alright, but I can only be online for an awkward amount of time at Tuesday (1/2 hour from 4:30 to 5:15 pm EST)

But yeah, this should be EPIC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:57 am

Gamertag: Killer Kaz
Timezone Registering For (With Region in Parentheses): GMT -5 (USA)
Team Registering For: Random
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am

Gamertag:ToZ TPStixx
Timezone Registering For (With Region in Parentheses):GMT - 5 (USA)
Team Registering For: 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Saltine713 wrote:
What would be done for the ball?

Ball would be lobby host, as stated. An individual not part of the current match will act as lobby host, and become the ball/referee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Gamertag: My BMW E36
Timezone Registering For (With Region in Parentheses): GMT -10(Hawaii,Us)
Team Registering For: Throw me in any team sir.

This should be hella fun xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Your damn right im down.

GT: Grilled Sniper
Timezone: EST, Boston, MA.
Team: whatever, make sure they have mics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:29 am

Gamertag: dawgbitedelarma
Timezone Registering For: GMT - 4 (EDT)
Team Registering For : Any

Looks like a blast!
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:10 am

Oh crap, I just realized the time of the matches. I can't make it, my mom goes mental if I'm on the Xbox past 10. Sorry guys -_-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Gamertag:alcrissam
Timezone Registering For (With Region in Parentheses):GMT - 5 (USA)
Team Registering For: 3

oh yeah, the Elan shud have max weight reduction. just making sure because you said the Elan was gunna be stock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:00 pm

sorry to double post, but when is the first match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:30 pm

With availability in mind, I won't be able to put much time into Forza (heck, I haven't for past month, just ask PLR).

And so I anticipate, with some regret, that this event will not begin until well into May. Unless someone wants to step up, and begin the logistical process.

Regardless, I apologize that life is getting in the way, and hope to be back soon with updates.

-Thanks-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:05 pm

" I apologize that life is getting in the way" - made me lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League   Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring 2010 FLR Car Soccer League
Page 1 of 1