Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Strengths AND Weaknesses

Go down 
+3
mr harms
Toasterr x
Saltine713
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:30 am

Strengths:

Patience
Understanding of concepts
I can do oval racing because it doesn't involve tight turns lol, though I can't tune a car for it..

Weaknesses:

I can paint ok, just nothing spectacular. I always have so many ideas, but can never put those ideas down on the car 'cause I don't have an eye for how the shapes are to fit together.

I can't tune worth anything. As I said above give me a concept and I'll understand it, but applying that concept is another thing all together.

I can race, but without either of the race wheels there's just no point because the controller is crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Tuning: I normally steer clear of tuning set-ups but would really like to be able to do some set-ups of my own with some helpful advice.
Circuit: Majority of my playing time is in this section. Not really much I can improve on except being consistent.
P2P: Once I get warmed up, this section doesn't worry me at all.
Oval: With some proper tuning knowledge, I should improve on this immensely.
Drifting: Other than for achievements, I don't really drift that much. However, I do want to improve my technique.
Hot lapping: Like my Circuit racing, consistency is key here.
Painting: I have no real interest in but I do like to judge other people's work for comps and such
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:57 am

Strenghts:

Circuit racing and some tuning, manage to get in top 1%.

Weekness:

Drifting and Sedona full, it's those decreasing radius turns that get me in the sandtrap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Strengths:
Devoted to tuning . driving w/o assists . hot-lapping w/o race traffic . realistic painting in the paint shop . Photoshop . detail-oriented . supportive/friendly . enthusiastic . patient

Weaknesses:
Driving consistently under pressure in race traffic . no clue about drifting (but willing to learn!) . not very creative in the paint shop . Fujimi Kaido & Rally di Positano . possibly talking too much while racing What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Strengths:
Outside Forza:
Experienced Graphic Designer (out of practice at the moment need anything done? lol)
Following Orders/Making deadlines
Patient, relaxed
Happy go lucky
Being a goofball
Forza Related:
Circuit
Tuning
Oval
Drag
Clean (that changes if I've had a few too many drinks)
Cat n' Mouse
Tag/Tag Virus
Collision Avoidance
Defensive - Protecting position
No assists

Weaknesses:
Outside Forza:
Bit of a push over
Take things too lightly at times
Bit of a lazy streak at times
Attention span
Forza Related:
Clutch - Making the change starting today, lol (I drive a stick IRL so..)
Paintbooth
Overtaking
Timing in the corners
Drifting - I get the idea but i rely on the hand brake too much
Need the brakeline as a refrence point
Raceline - I'm close, but not perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:51 am

Strengths:

Tuning: I use Feurdog's Forza Motorsport 3 Car Setup Tool to tune and the BEST advice I can give to a beginner tuner or someone that plays constantly but just can't figure out the method that goes into tuning, is to give this flash program a try. When you learn to use all the tools within the program it's very possible to get an absolutely perfect tune. I would still have no clue how to tune if it weren't for this program. If enough people would like I can write a tutorial...and share some of my tuning with the "Setup Tool" methods.

Circuit and Time Trial
Perfect Race Replica Painting
Photoshop
Defensive/ Clean driving
No Assists

Weaknesses:

Drag (haven't worked on it much at all)
Drift (haven't touched it)
Fantasy/ Photo-realistic Painting
P2P Driving (I'm so so. Win some....lose by a lot sometimes.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Strengths:
Circuit
Rally (Comes from Dirt 2 I guess)
Clean Driving
Making nice looking cars (I'm not great, but not to bad)

Weaknesses:
Drift...Drift...Drift haha
Tuning (would love to learn though^)
Replica cars
Sharp,deceptive turns (ugh)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Strengths:
Drag (and im not someone who uses bugatti or datsun)
Circuit
Painting
Using that flash tuner thing

Weaknesses:
Cant drift for my life
Tuning without that flash thing
painting chrome stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Strenghts:
-Tuning. I have references.
-Circuit racing.
-Making rivalries within classes, developing competative and close series races.
-Patience.

Weaknesses:
-Hotlapping, I'd rather chase a faster driver than a ghost.
-Painting, I don't have the passion for it I did in FM2.
-Stubborn, I race what I want and that means I could probably win more in better cars.
-Track choice, I tend to race where I'm confident but I don't practice enough where I stink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Strengths:

Patience when over-taking (I believe its the responsibility of the overtaking driver not to cause a crash)
Consistency
Replica and custom race liveries
Circuit Racing

Weaknesses
Sometime miss out on chances to overtake
Tuning
Drifting
Defensive driving
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Strenths;
Determined to win/learn... lol
Like to get the team to have fun online
Drag
Drift [getting better]
Launch

Weaknesses;
Ovals, I always drift round the large bends at each end
Tuning, I can tune better on higher class/performance cars, and not on cars that tuning is vital on [e-c class and muscles]
Gear ratios
Hot lapping, prefer to race real people, not myself
Manual w/Clutch
Back to top Go down
Triplel lee
Triplel lee

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Strenghts:
Driving fast, on the circuit, and braking on time.
Getting better at drifting.
I don't get angry quickly Smile

Weaknesses:
Tuning.
Painting. ( i just don't have the fantasy)
Drag
Back to top Go down
Soulfire XP
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Soulfire XP

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Strengths

Hotlapping: ever since I started using manual clutch Ive been very quick at hotlapping in underated cars such as the infiniti G37

Road Racing circuits and P2P:I can hit times below 100 at times with the right car/tune and love racing on them especially nurburgring and rally di positano

Driving Clean : I always try to avoid contact when possible and If I accidently hit someone I would give the person their position in the race back

Weaknesses:

Drifting: I drift worse than anyone

Painting: I cant even paint a circle

Nervousness: Im always nervous during a online race which makes it hard when Im overtaking as I worry about causing a crash

Speech problem: Ive had this since I was like 4 which makes it hard for ppl to understand what Im saying when Im talking on the Mic

Last edited by Soulfire XP on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
samohtski
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
samohtski

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Strengths:
Prototypes - I seem to be much more confident with these than any other class of car
Tuning - It can be quite satisfying trying to turn a pig into a race winner, then winning a race with it!
Endurance races - they're just fun

Weaknesses:
Painting - I just don't have the patience to sit down and spend multiple hours on a paintjob... After about 10 mins I just want to go driving again (and even if I did spend all that time it'd look rubbish anyway)
Drifting - I only ever bothered with it to get that stupid 100k achievement, and I've hated it in forza ever since.
Being too nice - I've lost races because I've either been too careful not to take somebody else off or because I've actually taken somebody else off, slowed down to let them back through but lost 2 or 3 places in the process!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Strengths:
Endurance
Racing clean
Painting (When I have the time)
Faster Cars
A little bit of drifting

Weaknesses:
Tuning
Slower production cars
Clutch (Can't get the hand of it)
Drag
Oval ( Never will care for it)
Not having a wheel really screws with consistency...
Back to top Go down
samohtski
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
samohtski

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:22 pm

lm so GodIy wrote:

Oval ( Never will care for it)
Not having a wheel really screws with consistency...

Couldn't agree more on those two!

As for clutch, swap it with the handbrake so it's mapped to button A. Then all you need to do is press 2 buttons at once to shift gear (X+A or B+A). Try it, you save up to a coupla seconds a lap!
(If you've already tried this then sorry to insult your intelligence lol!)
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:24 am

Strengths
Painting custom liverys. i can spend hours in the painshop just messing around with stuff, if you ever want one done for a tournament just give me a yell (just dont ask for a replica haha)
Circut racing
Racing clean

Weeknesses
Drifting
Ovals
tuning (cant seem to get my head around it)
sometimes inconsistancy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strengths AND Weaknesses
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community :: Archives-
Jump to: