Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Strengths AND Weaknesses

Go down 
+3
mr harms
Toasterr x
Saltine713
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Strengths AND Weaknesses Empty
PostSubject: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:41 pm

OK, I know a few people have posted this information in various threads, but I was thinking... everyone keeps asking: What are your strengths? And I thought, well... what about weaknesses? I mean, whether it be within FLR or against other communities in the future, a team is only as strong as its weakest link.

So I thought a thread where everyone could mention what they feel they're good at, what they're not too confident in, what they just plain don't care to go near, and most importantly, what they want to improve in, would be a good idea.
So I guess I'll start.

Tuning: I don't know much at all about tuning with the exception of increasing downforce, and I used to play around with Final Gear Ratios back in Gran Turismo 3, even though I never really understood it. I'd really like to increase my understand of this...
Circuit: I feel I'm pretty good, but could always use improvement.
P2P: Again, I think I'm okay, but looking to get better.
Oval: Honestly, some days I can do it, other days I just seem to get into the groove. Not a strong suit but I'm ok with it, lol.
Drifting: I haven't really explored much into it, besides occasionally throwing the handbrake in some hairpins, but I do enjoy the results and wouldn't mind learning/dabbling into it more.
Hotlapping: In Forza 2 I thought I actually did pretty well considering I don't tune at all, but otherwise another "average" here. Hopefully this'll improve with learning to tune Wink
Painting: I'm not GREAT at this, but you tend to learn as you go. I can't do high-detailed works of art, but I do some pretty decent basic designs, that I think could have potential. I'm always willing to accept and/or give feedback in this area.

Now obviously noone can MAKE you better at anything, but hopefully this thread could help everyone to help build up each other. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saltine713
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Saltine713

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:51 pm

I like this. It is a good way for people to help each other. I would be happy to explain Final Drive ratios to you. Also, check my blogs, I will post about tuning faq
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:50 am

Tuning- Im pants ive tryed i just cant get the car to feel right for me

Circuit- Has to be my stongest point id like to think i have extensive track knowlage on most tracks from f2 silverstone maple mugello suzuka road atlanta road america tukuba and some others i cant remember right now. even the new tracks i have got to know quite well sedona and catalunya to name 2

P2P- Again a strong point for me

Oval- Plain just dont like it i think its boring and unintresting

Drifting- I havent really done many drift races but when i have ive not finished last and only won a couple. At the moment i prefer just racing but will drift if people are drifting

Hotlapping- I can always go quicker setting a green time on most laps (unless i set that lap that just cant be beaten but that takes a good 40-50 laps)

Painting- Iot very good at it and most of the time i just buy designs off the store front
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:16 am

hhmmmm...let me think, mine are designing and tuning (way too simplified compared to Gran Turismo, i dont like tuning in forza 3), drifting (im ok at it, i can still beat some people).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Im not sure how good everyone here is but id say im probably one of the worst drivers on here. mainly because i dont experiment with all the cars just run one into the ground.
im no good at tuning at all but would like to learn the basics of it or at least try a tune out one of you guys have done to see the different in the feel of the car.
I have never really done painting before but i am trying it out at the moment, ill post my final result (dont expect anythign special)
In terms of races im good at, id like to think im ok at circuit races and timetrials. not too good at p2p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:10 pm

I wilb I wrote:
Im not sure how good everyone here is but id say im probably one of the worst drivers on here. mainly because i dont experiment with all the cars just run one into the ground.
im no good at tuning at all but would like to learn the basics of it or at least try a tune out one of you guys have done to see the different in the feel of the car.
I have never really done painting before but i am trying it out at the moment, ill post my final result (dont expect anythign special)
In terms of races im good at, id like to think im ok at circuit races and timetrials. not too good at p2p

It Doesnt really matter if your not a fast racer that will come with time learning the tracks (there is alot of them) braking points the what i call "harsh" bends ones u can easaly get wrong like the hairpin on sebring (thats so easy to over shoot) I know in previous posts ive said i cant tune...... well the only car ive tuned myself is the celica GT-4 D C B class are all on my storefront for sale if u were to try one i would say the D and C class are the better ones. (when i say tuned i mean played around extensivly with the parts diffrent engines, asperations tyres ect ect) the only thing i really played with were downforce gears and a little bit of brakes (run no assist exept braking line not that i use it i just have it there as my marker for braking i dont even use there line most of the time, as there is a real lack of braking markers its an easy way out especily as i dont use ABS TSC STM and use manual (no clutch)

But at the moment AWD are absalutly pimping the hoppers so if anyone is rolling in a S5 or R-8 they will win unless there is another S5 or R-8. Making a RWD like me look very slow in a race but lap times are closer than it looks on track.

Anyway thats enough of me rambling on.

Cheers SM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm

well at the moment i have a Seat Leon SC tuned to Class B 500. Everyone i spoke to says the Leon is a bad car on Forza but i enjoy racing circuit racwes with it. Everyone races in Class B 500 BMWs, Fairladys and Audis which are alot lot faster on the straights but i enjoy trying to keep up on the corners
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Yea that seat is mega lacking in the speed department severly lacking. its good round bends but thats it. if you like FWD i bought a honda civic 04 tune witch has really good handaling with i bit of grunt also just need to manage the little understeer it has, i can look it up and give u the name of the guy whos SF i got it off.

Cheers SM
Back to top Go down
Saltine713
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Saltine713

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Strenghths:
Leadership
Tuning
Basic painting
Basic drifting
patience
No assists

Weaknesses:
Causing damage
Not using braking line
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:24 pm

tuning for me, i not bad at tuning, but i can never get my car how i want it, there always seems 2 be something that never feels right lol Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Strenghths:
Okish with Photoshop
Listening and folling instructions
Fast Learner
Alright at Drifting
Patience
No assists

Weaknesses:
Freezing game
Painting
Tuning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Strengths: Chuck Norris

Weaknesses: What?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:01 pm

Strengths: Painting, Time Trials, Racing.
Weaknesses: Tuning (think I need to play around with it more. I'm used to Gran Turismo on the PS (sorry for the foul language) ). Rally and learning tracks, my memory is wack.
Oh and I do tend to ramble a bit.
Back to top Go down
Saltine713
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Saltine713

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Just wondering, who made this a sticky?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm

ok serious this time haha

Strengths: i paint fairly well i think,

Weaknesses: Drifting, cant keep the car from doing donuts, ever

everything else i suppose im just average in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 am

My strengths are: I have a very good understanding of the craft of racing and if I am in a good car I can put that knowledge to pretty good use.

My weaknesses are:

Tuning, I have automotive service training specializing in suspension and alignement, so I have a very good understanding of how suspension works but real world thinking just doesn't seem to apply to the Forza motorsports world. I have been racing my brother since the original Gran Turismo and tuning was definately my strong point in that series, but I just haven't quite fully come to grips with how things work in Forza and the new physics engine has me right back at square one.

Painting, I have absolutely no idea how to even begin to paint one of those masterpiece works of art cars, but I can do a pretty decent racing livery.

Oval and drifting are my driving weaknesses I have never had any interest in oval track racing, I find it boreing and just point blank refuse to do it. I think people who can drift well are amazing and I have a lot of respect for the skills involved, I just don't have a whole lot of interest in actually doing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Weaknesses:

Tuning I guess.. Ok with aero, coz you learn a lot watching F1 lol..
Painting, but that's coz I haven't got into it yet. Always been into drawing and painting so I might be alright.. Maybe.
Oval racing bores me a little, but with a good group you never know. Could be fun.

Dunno about drifting yet, coz I've avoided it so far.

Strengths:

Nordschliefe. Addicted for years, so I'm up for any future enduros.
Circuit racing/P2P. Pretty consistent, although I sometimes push a bit too hard and mess it up.
Clean racing. I do try.
Time trials. Love it! Although tuning weaknesses/laziness probably limit me here.
R1 cars. Can't get enough.

We're all here to help each other out and I think there's already a good mix of skills.
Unless people leave, it can only get better.

Rock on FLR!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Strengths: Drag and Circuit

Weaknesses: Drift and Painting

Im ok at Tuning not the Best but not the worse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Strengths: I can do okay with some painting, usually just inventing race-inspired paint schemes. I think I do pretty well with the lower class cars (F - D) when I stay on the circuit tracks.

Weakness: I can't drift at all. Also, once the car class ramps up to A and R class, I struggle without the assists on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:30 am

Strengths:
Circuit racing, ok painter, clean (with the exception of occassional rush of blood to the head), patient, good sense of humour, easy going, sensitive, handsome.... pig

Weaknesess:
Drifting, tuning, indecisive, R class cars (driving with assists off, I really struggle to get the power on out of corners)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:11 pm

driving with assists off, I really struggle to get the power on out of corners.

Feather the throtlle light and progressive is the job of the day with rwd (some u can put more power down early some you cant) thats the JOY of RWD my friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Strengths: Coming in last, driving my Alfa GTA, driving without TC/Autobrake/SM

Weaknesses: Hm... let's see... tuning, painting (oh god painting), drifting, driving without ABS, drag (that's arguable), all of Road Atlanta... the list goes on and on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Ive gained a new strength, driving without any assists including ABS (i still prefer ABS on, but being able to is useful for cash cruises on the event list)
Back to top Go down
mr harms
mr harms

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:08 pm

strengths: circuit p2p ok at oval and i try to race as clean as possible

so so painter..nothing jaw dropping but oh well

weaknesses: tuning, drifting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Strenghts: circuit racing and ok at drifting

Weakness: don't have a clue at tuning or painting and also endurance races
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strengths AND Weaknesses   Strengths AND Weaknesses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strengths AND Weaknesses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community :: Archives-
Jump to: