Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

2001 TVR Tuscan S

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

2001 TVR Tuscan S Empty
Post2001 TVR Tuscan S

It's been about a month since FM4 has come out, giving me plenty of time to try a bunch of random cars. Surprisingly the first I'm going to review for FM4 is one that's been in Forza since Forza 1, the 2001 TVR Tuscan S.

Stock driving experience
Unsurprisingly, the Tuscan is your typical TVR. Kinda cute in the "I'm so wacky and I don't need TCS" way. The car is, in a word, adequate when stock. It has some oomph in a straight line. Being a TVR, when it comes to corners, it likes to get sideways. However, despite being a TVR, it actually grips fairly well. Unlike its bigger brother, the Sagaris, the Tuscan has a 50/50 weight distribution, but weighs slightly more at a "hefty" 2,425 pounds. 390 ponies under the hood do mean that despite the perfect weight distribution, the car, as pointed out a few sentences ago, likes to get sideways if you aren't careful (Drizzin found this out a few times). All in all, stock, the Tuscan is a fairly adequate or average car. Slightly hard to drive, but not Sagaris levels of difficult.

To Tame a TVR
The car is incredibly light already, so in that regard, I only added sport weight reduction to get the Tuscan down to around 2,300 pounds. Too light and the power would have been too much for the TVR. Next, I added sport compound and full tire width. This is because the TVR already has fairly good grip, and I decided that compound would help much more than weight reduction. Other things I added in the handling department are pretty standard fare: race brakes, springs, anti-roll bars, a full roll cage, and some lighter rims. Power-wise, I increased the ponies to a Sagaris-matching 406, by adding sport exhaust. I also added a sport transmission, lighter driveshaft and a race differential. All of these upgrades resulted in a fairly tamed car.

The Result
After all of the upgrades, the Tuscan has now become very grippy. As a byproduct of its light weight, the sport compound allows the car to mantain grip much better than TVRs are known for. 406hp and 2,300ish pounds enable the Tuscan to accelerate like a rocket. These two factors combined let the TVR fly around shorter and medium tracks, and, surprisingly, make the car easy to drive. It willingly and eagerly accepts your inputs when turning, rounding corners similarly to grip cars. Some oversteer does peak its head when the elevation starts changing, but that can be expected in other cars as well. On Laguna Seca, my new test track, the Tuscan can consistently hit mid 1:38s, with a poor driver behind the controls (me). A much better driver could easily get another second or second and a half out of the Tuscan.

Final Thoughts
During the building and tuning of this car, I've fallen in love with it. It is now one of my favourite A class cars because of its pure driving experience, very grippy and quick, but with some oversteer to keep it fun. It rewards a good racing line, easily holding it. This all makes the Tuscan a very good, very fun and rewarding car. Sadly, the Tuscan is overlooked, oft-forgotten about and generally underrated.

The Tuscan will cost you 30,000 credits.
You can find the tune on my SF for 5,000 credits.
For the next review, expect a Tesla Roadster or Plymouth GTX
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
Share this post on: reddit

2001 TVR Tuscan S :: Comments

CJs87Stang
Re: 2001 TVR Tuscan S
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:25 pm by CJs87Stang
Very good review, Llama. Next time I'm on the Forza, I might stop by your SF since I have the car already. Wink
Soulfire XP
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:17 pm by Soulfire XP
Nice review In FM3 the Tuscan was a dark horse by a long shot and glad to see its still living up to it in FM4 especially with RWd being more powerful now Smile
turtletime74
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:13 pm by turtletime74
Good to see some TVR love here. I like them but they are hard to deal with. Will definitely check this out.
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:12 pm by Guest
TVR's have always been fun and underappreciated in forza. Yay TVR
EZT MAKO 6669
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:29 pm by EZT MAKO 6669
Nice write up Llama. I will have to give this car a try.
Post  by Sponsored content

2001 TVR Tuscan S

Page 1 of 1