Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Continental Tire Challenge ST class

Go down 
+13
Marxist Llama
SamSQAUTCH
Bad0Karma
VVV GGspeed
Trash McNish
Bush ookie
HLR Rokko
SoulTerror08
EZT MAKO 6669
The Face Taker
turtletime74
Placebo Jeffect
DBF2KILLER
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Don't know if anybody has made it into 39's yet but 40's yes
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:10 pm

bloozmahn wrote:
so i'm assuming that if the target time on maple reverse is 1:41 then i'll need to be in the 1:39s to be competitive?

This will indeed be a challenging one Blooz. Maple is one of my favorite tracks, and I know it well. I've found the Cobalt doesn't seem to like this track, only been able to hit low 43's myself so far. I know I can find a better line around, but I also think the native suspension in the car is a bit too stiff for this track. I have not run with the latest set up I have, so we'll see if it's any better. If I find a set up that works better, I'll send it over to you.

I also agree with the penalty/competitive comments. All the cars in this series have proven to be extremely close in performance. Bush is an extremely fast and good driver, and has simply out driven us so far in this series. He certainly should not incur any further penalties for that!
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:55 pm

did a 41.2 earlier tonight, 40's shouldn't be too hard - i'm really not good on this track at all. mostly i don't like it because the average speed is so high that any error is magnified beyond what it would be on a less high speed track. the cobalt is tricky on this track for sure, i turned the sway bars way, way down and pulled the tire pressure down, seemed to help.
Back to top Go down
SamSQAUTCH
SamSQAUTCH

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:58 am

i'll try that myself as i have only ran 44's not that it's unusual for me to be about 2-4 secs of the pace
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:12 pm

you can learn ALOT by going on the leaderboards and watching the replays of the top drivers, even racing the ghost is good as it really shows you the fastest line. i pulled a second and a half by doing this, if you pick a ghost that is only slightly faster, you will push yourself to catch it, then pick one that's faster than that ... etc.
Back to top Go down
DBF2KILLER
DBF2KILLER

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Points table has been updated to reflect Euro lobby times, sorry for the delay as we been having trouble getting them together.
Back to top Go down
SamSQAUTCH
SamSQAUTCH

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:00 am

ty for the tip blooz your such a fart smeller uuggghh i mean smart feller Wink Canadian "humor" actually got that 1 from a "Newfie" they're from New Foundland and talk funny because they've been cut off from civilization for the last 200 years .... they've only recently legalised staplers and insulin Smile
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:43 pm

yeah, my dad says "fart smeller"... he's 75 years old.

you can look @ my hotlap too and it might help you with a more regular time goal than the crazy top hotlapper guys. i think a large part of the time is gained on the last 20% of the lap coming into the main straight, and the one part where it goes downhill and to the left around turn 5(ish) is pretty critical.
Back to top Go down
SamSQAUTCH
SamSQAUTCH

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:36 am

ya the little downhill left i try to tap the brake to keep the weight on my front end and the last sweeper is really corned me off and also the S at the top of the 1st hill just b4 the downhill a get a little loose but i tried what you said about the sway bars and it helped i gained at least .6 seconds i dropped it to 1 on rear sway bar and front is @ 7 it seems to not go "ape cornbeef" in the S as bad but i have to really watch my line and try to line it up so i dont have to turn much in the S
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 am

excellent! but don't go too low on the sway bars, it will make the car unpredictable when you are closer to the limit, but i have found that softer suspension settings can really give some advantage. keep an eye on the tire pressures too, on a high speed track they will creep up more so than normal.
Back to top Go down
SamSQAUTCH
SamSQAUTCH

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 am

ya i am having a hard time getting the rear tires to heat am running 29 and 28 but that was something i tried and never did much with it after i should try working on that also
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:15 am

Lobby 2 results:

Karma-51:38.441
Mako-51:56.415
Blooz-52:34.964
Andus-53:36.214
Soul-54:21.135
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:31 am

Rolling on lap 16 ftl Sad
Back to top Go down
Bad0Karma
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Bad0Karma

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:52 am

PLR FTW
Back to top Go down
Placebo Jeffect
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator
Placebo Jeffect

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:35 pm

soul i had issues as well just wasnt feeling it. So i took the DNF instead of being a lap behind. Just wasnt feeling it yesterday wasnt in the mood really oh well. Fun series thanks DB and Turtle enjoyed using my real car before forza 4. I would love to do this again or something similar, the cars were very close together and it was set up perfectly.

Thanks again

Jeff
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm

yes it was a bunch of fun for sure. hopefully the expanded lobbies will make these types of tournaments even more enjoyable. I do have to say that after the last couple series i ran, it was much more fun to be somewhat competitive instead of knowing i'd be in last place or close to it. even though it's just a game and i'm here for the cool people, i'm competitive by nature and it's hard to enjoy when you're getting your butt kicked.

i really can't imagine how it must be to join a real life racing operation that is guaranteed to finish last or near last. how frustrating when your car is just cornbeef and no matter what you do, you can't go fast enough. although given the choice, i'd rather drive a "slow" F1 car than not, any day of the week!!

anyway i digress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:21 am

Holy cow, if I didn't spin out and hit the pit I might have gotten a 52.20.294 instead of my 52.54.294.

I was able to get into the 1:42's. Amazing what happens when you are put into a racing environment compared to hot lapping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:12 am

So is that right? I finished 8th overall???
How do we collect our payout???
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:19 pm

this just goes to show that consistency pays off.

i'm not consistent in my laptimes, but i consistently show up to race!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:33 pm

bloozmahn wrote:
this just goes to show that consistency pays off.

i'm not consistent in my laptimes, but i consistently show up to race!

Being able to join all but one race has proven to be the catcher for me, being that the people that finished under me haven't been to the races consistantly.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Anyone who wishes to collect there payout message DBF2KILLER or TURTLETIME74 to schedule payment. Thanks to all who showed up and participated.
Back to top Go down
SamSQAUTCH
SamSQAUTCH

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:20 pm

same here only missed 1 race, so i guess it's better to finish last than not at all lol!
Back to top Go down
Bush ookie

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks DB and Turtle for setting this up and also thanks to Rokko for putting in the time testing cars. Also thanks for all who participated in this event.

I absolutely enjoyed this series and put in many hours tweaking the Civic and track time before each race. Being smooth and consistent was going to be the key to win so I worked on every corner on every track 100+ times. Call me crazy but this is most likely going to be my last Tournament and wanted this one bad.

I plan on mostly attending events like Rokkos Thursday night thunder and what ever fun get togethers we have in the future.
Back to top Go down
SamSQAUTCH
SamSQAUTCH

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:38 pm

i would also like to thank DB and Turtle and all those who tested and tuned the cars and put time into this series, i would like to think i'm a bit better racer because of them and all the others who helped me out in the series
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continental Tire Challenge ST class   Continental Tire Challenge ST class - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continental Tire Challenge ST class
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7