Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

2005 Scion tC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

2005 Scion tC Empty
Post2005 Scion tC

2005 Scion tC SciontC

Everything is wrong with this car.
Okay, so, this is a car nobody's ever driven. Or one that anybody wants to admit to driving. The common belief is that Scions are pieces of cornbeef. Which is true for stock ones. The tC is one of those cars that you buy if you can't find anything else to drive, and even then it's more expensive than cheaper, better cars, like (I know some of you hate them, but the Civic is a respectable car) Civics, Firebirds, Supras, etc. The tC is really lackluster in stock form. It's FWD, it's slow, it doesn't handle very well, and stock, it's just a let down. There's very few redeeming qualities about this thing. The only good thing about this car stock is the fact that you can upgrade it many different ways. Other than that it has some pretty bad roll issues, FWD acceleration, which means bad. It is ugly as well. Very plastic looking. Really, Toyota was stupid to create Scion in the first place.

Giving this car some balls.
So what we did was take this to D350. We kept it FWD because there's enough AWD D class cars on the LB. Also, FWD has pretty good corner speed and exit speed, and if tuned right, can keep up with its heavier RWD/AWD drivetrain bretheren. Full weight reduction, combined with race brakes, roll bars, tire width, aftermarket rear spoiler, lighter hood and lighter rims, with street air filter and race exhaust upgrades. Let me just say this: Accel and handling are great in this car! However, whenever a straightaway comes up, those damn AWD noobmobiles leave this car in the dust. However, on short tracks, this car is amazing. It corners very, very well, and combining good accel with that means that it does very well on short tracks. It makes for an excellent grip car. It has great exit speed and the accel lets it fly out of corners.

Online Results
Well, I took this online fully expecting to get my cornbeef kicked into the next dimension. So Motegi full comes up. "Great! Straightaways! The Scion's natural enemy." Well, colour me impressed, because this thing actually kept up with AWD Mustangs and Golfs. Now, I'm a bad driver, and thus was in last place, but I was never more than 1-2 seconds behind the AWD noobmobiles. Motegi isn't a great grip/handling track, but the tC made up for it with exit speed and acceleration. I'm sure a great driver could unleash the full potential of this car. Tracks like Iberian, Ladera, etc, are where this belongs. If you stay off tracks with straights, you'll do pretty good. For a great driver, I'd expect midfield finishes. Definitely a very very underrated car, but it can hold its own when upgraded.

Tune available by request.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
Share this post on: reddit

2005 Scion tC :: Comments

EZT MAKO 6669
Re: 2005 Scion tC
Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:42 pm by EZT MAKO 6669
Great write up! And I've raced with you, your not a "bad" driver.
Marxist Llama
Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:45 pm by Marxist Llama
I'm just not as fast as everyone else.
SoulTerror08
Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:51 pm by SoulTerror08
Still won't get one :p Even though it is the better looking of Scion's cars.
Post  by Sponsored content

2005 Scion tC

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community :: Give 'Em a Chance-
Jump to: