Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Porsche Panamera

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Porsche Panamera Empty
PostPorsche Panamera

So, just what the heck is wrong with this car?

Well, you don't really need to be a brain surgeon to figure this one out. Apparently, Porsche spent the better part of a century engineering, designing and building the car. What were the fruit of their efforts? This... this thing. It looks extremely disproportioned - like someone stretched a 911 and then cut off the back. It's kind of hard to see who exactly this car was aimed for - especially when cars like the Aston Martin Rapide are in the same class. Who knows, though. Maybe Porsche have worked their magic on it, and made it fun to drive, much like the Cayenne.

Before

They didn't. Well, first off, the car is huge. If you want to drive it on the Nurburgring, good luck getting all of it on the track at once. It also handles like it's huge. AWD seems to make cars handle like they are 1000 lbs heavier than they actually are, and this is no exception. The gears are also the worst I've ever seen - I think 4th gear starts at around 4000 rpm. They are VERY tall, and it's impossibly easy to misshift and cook the engine. At least the engine is powerful, giving a smooth powerband to all of the revs.

Stock Performance

Basics:

500 hp
568 lb-ft of torque
4,343 lbs

Acceleration:

0 - 60: 3.617 seconds
0 - 100: 8.934 seconds
Top Speed: 201.8 mph

Braking:

60 - 0: 147.7 ft
100 - 0: 362.7 ft

Lateral G's

60 mph: 1.01
120 mph: 1.01

After

Porsche Panamera BELIEVE
The Panamera makes a good career mode car. On an unrelated note, **** YOU M ROSSI.

This car starts low in A, in A 517. However, we decided to work this car all the way up to S class. The first thing we did was to change the engine to the engine from the Carrera GT, which revs higher, sounds amazing and delivers more power - enough to move the Panamera along. We added some engine upgrades, to keep the engine fast enough to keep up with those Vipers. We then made the car RWD, sacrificing some launch, but making the car feel lighter. After that, we added a roll cage, reduced the weight by over 1,000 pounds, added race springs and roll bars, and upgraded brakes. We then somehow made the car even uglier, by adding rear aero to keep the car on the track.

Upgraded Performance

Basics:

685 hp
493 lb-ft of torque
3,171 lbs

Acceleration:

0 - 60: 3.567 seconds
0 - 100: 6.73 seconds

Braking:

60 - 0: 115.7 ft
100 - 0: 295.2 ft

Lateral G's:

60 mph: 1.27
120 mph: 1.32

Online Results

I took this car out, fully expecting it to fall on it's face. It couldn't be further from the truth. This car shines on medium to long tracks - it has the horsepower to keep up with the Audis and the Vipers on long straights, and only just loses out on the corners due to it's massive size. Still, it placed 2nd and 3rd on nearly every track we tried. Plus, imagine the faces on the LB car driver's faces when you pass them, driving your super cool Porsche wagon. Shades are recommended for the full effect. On short tracks, however, it doesn't do quite as well. This car needs straights to stretch it's legs because that's where it really shines. On tracks like Amalfi, don't expect to break any records. If you need an obscure car for Le Mans and other longer tracks, though, the Panamera is just your guy.

Tune is available from Llama's SF (5000 credits), or by request.

Last edited by x 8Eleven on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Porsche Panamera :: Comments

EZT MAKO 6669
Re: Porsche Panamera
Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:07 am by EZT MAKO 6669
Nice write up. I almost want to try it!
Marxist Llama
Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 am by Marxist Llama
Then we've accomplished the point of the blog-to get people interested in cars they would never usually try.
EZT MAKO 6669
Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:46 am by EZT MAKO 6669
I said almost! LOL
Soulfire XP
Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:01 pm by Soulfire XP
nice write up Very Happy Ive used a AWD panamera in a A class lobby before and its definitely a wolf in a sheeps clothing in its few races online
Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:09 pm by Guest
Nice review. This is a lot of useful information.
Poppa Mo
Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:39 pm by Poppa Mo
I can't get behind this car, even with the phenomenal review.
Literally, I cannot go slow enough to get behind this car.
Post  by Sponsored content

Porsche Panamera

Page 1 of 1