Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Weekly Showdown **Updated**

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Weekly Showdown **Updated** Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Each week, 2 cars and a track will be selected. Their class will be specific. Your job is to select one of the cars, build it and race against its rival. Examples of this are Corvette vs. Aston Martin, Subaru vs. Mitsubishi, Ferrari vs. Porsche, Ferrari vs. Lamborghini, Nissan vs. Acura, etc, etc…
The races will be from C class to R2, depending upon the week and may be on almost any track. Each week, you’ll be given the 2 cars, the class they’re racing in and the track their running on. You will then have one week to prepare.

Ist race will be Saturday July 24th at 9:00 PM EST.
Lightweight Showdown
Rally di Positano - 4 laps
Car class: B 500

Drivers: Updated 7/23 (If I missed you, please PM me here or XBL (GT: Stevil1399)
x8Eleven - Lotus or MR-S
Dominic Mako - Bells on, in what we don't know, but bells will be on
alcrissam - Lotus Exige
Pagan SIlverwolf - Tom's MR-S
Stevil - Lotus Exige
Sharpie 35 - ? not sure if you can make it ?

Cars: Toyota MR-S, MR2 (any of them) Vs. Lotus Elise or Exige.
** All cars must remain RWD. No heavy chrome rims are allowed. (Dubs & Lexani - sorry you Big Chips lovers.)

Last edited by Stevil1399 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:46 pm

i like the sound of this Smile a team competition would be good but that would really depend on scheduling so everyones able to make it.

either way i`m down for this - always love a challenge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:15 pm

This has been updated w/ the first race, if you are planning on participating, please respond to this post.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Do my best to make this, will race with the exige Smile 9pm est is alittle tight on time for me hence why im alittle hesitant in fully commiting.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:43 am

Definitely in for this one if I'm not working that night. Thinking of racing the Lotus as I already have one, but I will wait and see what everyone else wants to race. I'll race the Toyota if need be to balance the field. Gotta warn you though, not my best track! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Another car I thought of, if anyone wants to run it is that small Vauxhall - can't remember it's name though, but it fits in nicely. Currently we have:

RetPetty: Lotus
MAKO 6669: Lotus (most likely)
Pagan Silverwolf: Toyota
x 8Eleven: Lotus
Stevil1399: Ferrari 599XX

I know this is a little ways off, but I have no doubt that in these small, not to fast, great handling cars, the race will prove to be a lot of fun.

*(BTW, I'm not really running the 599XX, need to find something with more power.)*

Last edited by Stevil1399 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 pm

This sounds fun. I'll have to watch the replay.

I would join, but cant make Friday night events.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:35 pm

I really wish I could make this. I would love tuning an MR-S
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 pm

I want in! I can't believe I missed this until now. The Exige is one of my favourite cars, so sign me up for that.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Any other specifics on the build, other than the ones mentioned?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:30 pm

***I need to move this date. Which would work better for everyone? Saturday, 17th or Monday the 19th?***

No specifics on the builds, other than RWD, B 500. Cars eligable are the Elise, Exige, MR2, MRS (including the Tom's), Vauxhall Turbo, Opel Roadster. If anyone has any other cats that fit into this group, let me know.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:53 pm

POOP! Gotta work monday. Don't know about sat yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Anyone who wants to run in this race, let me know what dates time works for you. I can't race Friday evening, Sunday evening or Wednesday evening coming up. I know, I'm a pain, but I would love to run this race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Tuesday, please. That'll give me Sunday for GT1, Tuesday for this, Wednesday for Adam's race, Friday for the MSM team race.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Can't make Saturday or Monday Sad I can make this next monday but none of the other ones.

I don't think I can make any other time other than tonight this week, so drop me out I guess Sad unless we're starting next week
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:57 pm

And Dom, isn't the R1 race on Thursday now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:59 pm

We'll postpone it then. You said you really wanted to run in this and I know Mako does as well, so we'll figure out a time that works for you both and run it then.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Thank you so much for thinking of me Stevil! You don't know how much it means,sniff. LOL, just kidding. Anyways, as I work nights sun-thurs, I only have fri and sat nights free. Lately they've been running mad overtime, and as I'm on the maint crew I have to be there when production is running. Sooooo...Sat nights would be the best for me.
Back to top Go down
Sharpie35
Sharpie35

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Im willing to give this a go, kinda new to this type of racing so the extra time will help me prepare me for this lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:06 pm

aight me nd the exige
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Can't believe I didn't see this earllier! Thanks so much Stevil Very Happy

Was gonna ask if the 2-11 was allowed, but then I saw that there's a B500 ceiling. I might use the Elise instead of the Exige if I can get the Elise how I want it.

Aero is allowed right?

And whoever puts DUBs on an MRS or an Exige should be banned from anything that has anything to do with designing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:52 pm

wait no exige, cuz i WILL KILL U WITH ALL THE TROUBLE I WENT THROUGH TO PAINT THIS cornbeef THING
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:18 am

hey i had to leave my house last minute and hasnt been back since. sorry if i missed anything
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:20 am

There's the Exige still. I was just asking about the 2-Eleven, that Lotus in the Hot Holidays pack. It's an A class car and well into A so it won't work.

Still need to buy the Exige.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:27 am

wen is the race
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Showdown **Updated**   Weekly Showdown **Updated** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Showdown **Updated**
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next