Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Drift Tournaments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Right. I drift just as much, if not more than I race. I love it.
For that reason (and the fact I've not seen anything about them on here) I'm suggesting the creation of a Drift Tournament, or more than one.

For example, borrowing from FM.net, the Grass Roots tournament idea, where you build a drift car for 35k and compete. This would be ideal for those new to drifting who want to give it a go, as it involves low powered cars and is very good for learning.

Then perhaps a street legal tournament (would go similar to D1SL rules) and after that possibly a full D1 spec championship.

This is just an idea and any suggestions would be very very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Sounds good, i'm with the whole build a drift car for 35k thing, i would definitely enter!
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:18 pm

YES YES YES MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I think the Grass Roots would be a good challenge, what should the cars be built to, to C425 or B500? Since we're all more racers than drifters afaik. I think to make it more interesting, make the budget even LESS, like 30k or 25k or something.

I can come up with a list of suggested cars, can't be below E class? It would be too expensive to build an f class car.

If something like this would be put into the works, then definitely sign me up Very Happy The thing about drifting tourneys is that not everyone has to be in the same lobby, so it's on your own time, you just have to save the replay and have someone watch them. It'd work better in a lobby but it's not completely necessary I would imagine.
Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:53 pm

x 8Eleven wrote:
YES YES YES MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I think the Grass Roots would be a good challenge, what should the cars be built to, to C425 or B500? Since we're all more racers than drifters afaik. I think to make it more interesting, make the budget even LESS, like 30k or 25k or something.

I can come up with a list of suggested cars, can't be below E class? It would be too expensive to build an f class car.

If something like this would be put into the works, then definitely sign me up Very Happy The thing about drifting tourneys is that not everyone has to be in the same lobby, so it's on your own time, you just have to save the replay and have someone watch them. It'd work better in a lobby but it's not completely necessary I would imagine.

Actually, cars like the Toyota AE86 (F200) work brilliantly as they're cheap to buy, and cheap to upgrade. That and with a half decent tune they can drift easily with 200hp. I'm not really thinking about what to build the cars to class wise, I mean, I have a B-class AE86 that keeps up with a friends S-Class Cadillac CTS-V.

But yes, we should make a list of suggested cars, obviously people can use whatever cars they want, but suggestions for the non-drifters would be handy.

It's not COMPLETELY necessary, however doing tandem runs judging gap, angle, clipping points etc is the easiest option.
Even so, my thoughts would be this:
- Get everyone signed up, with what car they want to use and everything.
- Create a lobby (or more depending on turn-out) so we can have meet and greets, a cruise and just generally get to know our cars and how they drift with the other competitors. This also gives us the oppurtunity to stage "practice" battles so the less experienced drifters get used to what it's about, and allows to make a more even competition if we can compete with people around our skill level.
- The actual tournament.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Alright. Sign me up with either the S13, the S14 or the S15 whatever is cheapest lol, I'll check when I can.
Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:05 pm

The S13 and the S14 are the same price, 5k. The S15 is 16k.

Come on people, there must be more interest Smile
Back to top Go down
raine88
raine88

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:19 pm

im interested...
Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Right. I'll put up the sign-up and event thread later on tonight. If any of you guys have friends that would be interested, then get them involved too!

For the record, I'll 99% be using a Toyota AE86.
Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:15 pm

I'm interested! We should have a lot of practice because a lot of people (including myself) have never done tandem before. So like 3 practice sessions before the tournament I would like.

edit:And for scrutineering everyone should send you their tune to make sure its under the price limit.
edit2:I just remembered about discounts, well that makes it all confusing.
edit3:And the solution will be that checking the car value when you go to my cars and press the blue skittle
edit4:Even that's wrong. I'm bound to have my brain melt before I figure this out.
Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Im so Godly, great to have you on board. There'll be quite a few practice sessions, as I fully expect beginners to join in. Hell, I'm not even that great a drifter myself.

Seeing as we'll have to write down (or be very good at remembering numbers) the value of the parts we put on our cars, it's possible to work out the original price (before discounts).
To make it fair I think we should all go with the stock prices.

The rules are on FM.net, but that's more for a club, not a tournament. I'll throw up a mockup of the rules in a while, and we can discuss it from there. Basically the cars will have to remain street legal (no engine upgrades above Sport etc).

Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:47 pm

I thought I posted this earlier, but sign me up for the S14 then. I think we shouldn't do discount prices as well. Is it 35k? I can start building my car soon.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:53 pm

definately interesting in doing this. i have a honda civic ill use. i think its like a 93 or so not 100% sure though hehe.
Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Can I ask to increase the price to around 60-75k, its actually quite harder to work with such a low power car.
Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:53 am

Godly, the point of the 35k price limit, is so that everyone is on a relatively level playing field. Yes, some cars will have more power, but we won't be drifting the main battle sections (our cars simply won't get round consistantly).

Retpetty, as long as it's RWD, it's not a problem.

Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:23 pm

I can drift fine with low power cars.. don't see the problem as long as you can make it loose grip your sorted!
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Kyros42 wrote:

Retpetty, as long as it's RWD, it's not a problem.

i only drive RWD so im certain the civic is
Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:28 pm

http://www.flrleague.org/user-created-tournaments-f37/grass-roots-drifting-t2508.htm#29110

Sign up and event thread is up. If you would kindly make your way over there, I would be most appreciative Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drift Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drift Tournaments   Drift Tournaments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drift Tournaments
Page 1 of 1