Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Short or long tournaments?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saltine713
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Saltine713

Short or long tournaments? Empty
PostSubject: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Would you rather have short or long tournaments? One nighters or weekers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Doesn't matter to me really, as long as it's fun Smile
nighter's are the best time for me basically..
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:52 pm

i would say shorter cus it keeps the interest of people. when they run on for a few weeks say, easier for people to lose interest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:07 pm

For FLR tourneys, I would vote for longer, because really the teams can set up a short series and one-off races, like we already are, to keep members together and entertained. The league can arrange for a longer series for people who are more serious about their racing. There is still the user-created tourney area in case individual members want to arrange for a race or two outside the team as well, which tend to be on the short side as well. If the FLR tourney aren't long, I don't know where a long series would ever come from, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:27 pm

also depends on prize money Wink
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:34 pm

i know this prolly isnt teh relevant place to post this but one of the things i was thinking bout long series is that everyone would have to pretty much attend every race. since this is not always possible why not say only your best 5 races say are counted in a 10 race series for example.

that way it wouldnt be about who can attend all races but those that do would have a slight advantage without ruling out those we can only race a bunch of the races.

just an idea Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:25 pm

I think there should be a mix really to keep everyone happy, perhaps run some longer tournaments for weekends but have shorter ones run mid week so there are no clashes, people don't have to wait too long between them and most are kept happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:05 pm

for a league tourny i would say long ones, but some tweaking needs to be done like was mentioned allow some throw out races cause its hard to commit to being free every week. Also for a team thing allow using different drivers and the team wins not a specfic driver, but to do that need more active teams so i think the throwout idea over a long season would be best.
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:19 pm

i think alot of people cant fully commit to a long tournament and if you have a bad first race its kinda disheartening and why even bother in the next race. if you know you can have a bad race and still win then your more motivated.

also if theres a tie you could always have a race off for the tournament win.

i would definately partake in a club wide tournament but i know i would end up missing a few races. this way i`d still have a shot
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Short for me Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:04 am

Short Series are good, that way interest is not lost, like others have mentioned. However I feel there should be some time between the Races - maybe every other day instead of the very next day.

Perhaps a number of smaller Series leading to much Larger Event - for example, every three (3) months a two (2) week Series involving all Teams of FLR. Leaves more time for Planning and allows Teams to formulate their own respective Challenges.

This is my opinion only. Then again, FLR seems to be doing rather well as is, so too radical a change and it might alter League perception.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:20 pm

I like the team based idea for the longer tourneys. It would not only be better for those that can't make every race, but would also allow more people to participate. I think it would also add some variety, as you would have more driving styles to contend with, rather than always racing against someone you know very well. It's more challenging when your not sure what the guy in front or behind you is going to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short or long tournaments?   Short or long tournaments? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short or long tournaments?
Page 1 of 1