Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit

Go down 
+3
EZT uncabunca
Santy x Claws
EZT MAKO 6669
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Empty
PostSubject: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:10 am

Welcome drivers to race 4 of our Nascar season. This weeks event will be held at the famed Infineon Raceway, on the Nascar circuit. This will be a standard 50 lap race, sim damage, with the usual one pit stop required. This week we will be driving the restricted build cars, (PI R3800). The build is listed in the rules and regulations section. Qualifying will begin at 9:30 pm est.

Track notes:

This is the first of two road courses on the schedule. Infineon offers elevation and camber changes, some flat quick corners, including a rather fast S section in the back half of the track. There are two relatively short straights. Again, handling and acceleration will be key to consistent lap times. Lap times vary, but the quicker drivers will probably be in the 1:09-1:10 range.

The pit entrance is at the end of the straight just before the last turn. The pit exit comes out just after turn one, going up the hill. There is limited track available here, so drivers at race speed may have no choice but to give way to drivers exiting the pits. Driver communication will once again be essential to an incident free race.

As always, feel free to post any questions or comments.

Good luck everyone!

Mako

Last edited by MAKO 6669 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:10 am

Race 4 results:

1st - DBF - 100 pts
2nd - Turtle - 98 pts
3rd - uncabunca - 96 pts
4th - CJ - 94 pts
5th - Mako - 92 pts
6th - Jeremy - 90 pts

Team results:

Special J Motorports - 18 pts
EZT - 6 pts

Last edited by MAKO 6669 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Santy x Claws
Santy x Claws

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Umm mako 50 Laps is alright on a oval but at Infineon ...that's a bit steep don't you think especially since infineon is well in my mind a cornbeef of a track.

It would be quite long, two 25 lap heats sounds more intelligent.

Just an opinion especially since my Internet disconnects all the time
Back to top Go down
http://flyingkiwiracing.webs.com/
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 am

Thank you for pointing that out. 50 laps would indeed be a bit much. Force of habit I guess. I have changed it to 25 laps.
Back to top Go down
EZT uncabunca
EZT uncabunca

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:41 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
DBF2KILLER
DBF2KILLER

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:25 pm

BULL S$&t
Back to top Go down
SPECIALJ86
SPECIALJ86

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:46 pm

I would be up for keeping at 50 laps like you originally said its would make it alot more interesting i think More laps, more wrecks, more pits, MORE FUN!!!

Mako maybe we could have a vote on this like we did with the points????
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:59 pm

If you guys want to do 50 laps that's fine with me!
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

I vote keep 50 laps. I need to practice on this track...
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am

Well, since we're all demented masochists, 50 laps it is!

Also, I revisited the results of the Virtual Motorsports race at Infineon, and the fastest lap was a 1:10.8xx in the R2 build. I think for our race, lap times will probably fall in the 1:11 to 1:14 range.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Bring on the pain. Hand cramps and butt numbness, I love it.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:08 am

Awesome race tonight. Had lots of fun. Hope ya'll down for some longer run races in future.
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:14 am

I have to say, that was one of the funnest closest racing I have had in quite some time! Thank y'all for this night, I really needed to be cheered up, and you are all awesome who showed up!

Congrats to DB for taking the win in tonight's race!

I will try to post some pictures tonight. So be posted!
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Results posted.

CJ, I awarded you 4th place, which you rightly deserve. While I truly appreciate the gesture of waiting for me to finish, and indeed commend your sense of sportsmanship, I cannot accept a position I did not earn, regardless of the circumstances.

Lag, glitches, and occasional controller malfunctions are part of the on line experience, and we must take them in stride accordingly. A real life driver could be driving a perfect race, only to have a mechanical failure end his day. One drivers misfortunes are another's benefit, and so it should be. Our virtual misfortunes are the same, and should be treated as such. Next week is a new race!

Aside from XBOX screwing me, this was a fantastic race! Ceej and I battled for nearly 20 laps, which was some of the most fun I've had in a while. Great effort bud!! DB and Turtle of course drove brilliantly, and uncabunca quietly, calmly, and coolly drove to a 3rd place finish. Special J, despite having a severely mishandling car, valiantly soldiered on from 9 laps down to finish. Standing O for you bud, that's the FLR never say die spirit!!
Back to top Go down
SPECIALJ86
SPECIALJ86

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Yeah at lap 20 I was ready to quit plus I was a lil tired as well but I remember cj having a bad race this season and he stayed with it so I thought I will too but good race for special j motorsports despite the captains poor race hopefully next week will be better
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 pm

How does SJM have 18 and EZT only have 6?
Back to top Go down
SPECIALJ86
SPECIALJ86

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm

because Db and turtle finished 1st and second and EZT was 3rd
So 10 + 8 = 18 points for SJM

only the top 3 spots are awarded team points! that way it stays fair for the one car teams
1st place 10 team points
2nd place 8 team points
3rd place 6 points
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:47 pm

ahhh ok makes sense. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 pm

MAKO 6669 wrote:
Results posted.

CJ, I awarded you 4th place, which you rightly deserve. While I truly appreciate the gesture of waiting for me to finish, and indeed commend your sense of sportsmanship, I cannot accept a position I did not earn, regardless of the circumstances.

Lag, glitches, and occasional controller malfunctions are part of the on line experience, and we must take them in stride accordingly. A real life driver could be driving a perfect race, only to have a mechanical failure end his day. One drivers misfortunes are another's benefit, and so it should be. Our virtual misfortunes are the same, and should be treated as such. Next week is a new race!

Aside from XBOX screwing me, this was a fantastic race! Ceej and I battled for nearly 20 laps, which was some of the most fun I've had in a while. Great effort bud!! DB and Turtle of course drove brilliantly, and uncabunca quietly, calmly, and coolly drove to a 3rd place finish. Special J, despite having a severely mishandling car, valiantly soldiered on from 9 laps down to finish. Standing O for you bud, that's the FLR never say die spirit!!

MAKO,

I appreciate your kindness, and thank you for giving me the upper position. I felt bad for you since you were 2k feet or so ahead of me and your wheel f'd up on our last lap which made me wait for you because I felt that it was kinda unfair for you for me to take advantage of that incident. But overall thank you for giving me 4th place.

I indeed had a lot of fun last night chasing you around for the first 8 laps, and then when you pitted it gave me an opportunity to catch up and pass you - but damn, you were chasing me around like a mad shark from hell for another for 20 laps if I recall correctly LoL! But that was a great close race last night! I enjoyed it!

I have to say, our AI's really kept up with each other for another 9 laps! LOL!! I think our AI's had a bit of fun with Jeremy last night!
Back to top Go down
Santy x Claws
Santy x Claws

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 pm

HEY GUYS!!!! if you have any replays or photos or clips of this seasons NASCAR series could you send em to me cos I have decided to make my self useful and make a highlight reel or something like that!!!

let me know if you have replays etc etc
Back to top Go down
http://flyingkiwiracing.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit   Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race 4, Infineon Raceway - Nascar Circuit
Page 1 of 1