Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

idea for a short series

Go down 
+4
Bad0Karma
EZT MAKO 6669
turtletime74
bloozmahn
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

idea for a short series Empty
PostSubject: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 pm

what about a series using the old open top race cars? the maserati 300S, the D Type, the Testarossa, and the Aston Martin?

we could force cockpit view on, and force off all assists. maybe even use street tires?

thoughts?

Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:29 pm

I had contemplated running a series called old school racers revived with said cars on some of the lesser used tracks but currently have been trying to complete builds for Rolex series which is proving to be a task. I would be up for some old school fun maybe in B class?
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Assists? What are those? We don't use no stinkin' assists!

Seriously, sounds like fun!!
Back to top Go down
Bad0Karma
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Bad0Karma

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Id be in. Love the no assists and cockpit view. We will see if our LB guys can still lead the way...
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:58 pm

You talkin to me, you talkin to me. I know you not talking to me cause you can't be talking to me cause I didn't give you permission to speak.
Back to top Go down
Bad0Karma
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Bad0Karma

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:10 pm

lol...you wouldn't be able to hear me 'cept when I was lapping you anyway turtle Razz
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:34 am

i'll try to get started on these cars builds and we'll see what i can come up with. i'd rather do A class though, but if they are too hard to even up maybe we'll go to b. i hate going slow.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:04 pm

is there any interest in this? now with the austin healey and the MG added it could be a pretty cool series. have to make it B class though. i'll do some work on the builds and maybe get the ball rolling on it, but i still want to stick with cockpit view, no HUD etc.. to keep with the idea of old style racing.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Funny you should bring this up. I just discussed the Vintage Roadster Series with Turtle.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Yeah we can work something out.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:25 pm

i don't have the MG, and frankly i'm not really going to spend another dime on forza car packs unless something really, really juicy shows up. i'll put together some preliminary builds for B class and send them to whomever wants to test them for competitiveness. i'd really like to make sure that the cars are as even as possible. sport tires and full race suspension, rollbars, gearboxes etc, then maybe just adjusting the power and weight to get things relatively even. i've never really done a series, does that sound like a good way to start? I want people to be able to tune the handling to suit their taste, but don't want it to mean you can make your car dominate by being an awesome tuner. even when you get help with tuning, it's a disadvantage because you still need a car to drive the way you want it to.

anyway, i digress. the preliminary list of cars will be:

ferrari 250 testarossa
ferrari california
jaguar d-type
maserati 300s
aston martin dbr 1 ( i think that's what it's called)(ive fixed it for you-Vamps)
MG ( the old convertible)
austin healey 3000
bmw 507
shelby cobra

i think that's it?

class will be roughly B equivalent, but if a car needs to be A class or even C class to be competitive with the others, so be it. builds will be locked, tuning will not. period paint jobs will be appreciated, but you don't have to wear a scarf or a beret while you race.

the 250 TR is the only car that really worries me, as it's a beast in general, so there may be power or grip handicaps past the build if need be. also loaning out a copy of a car is possible if someone wants to drive it but can't afford it ( i think the 250TR is the only super expensive one here)

anyway, that's all i have for now.

Last edited by bloozmahn on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:21 am

I'm not sure how the British roadsters will do. They can barely make it into A class as it stands. The D-type, 250TR and DBR1 should kick the cornbeef out of them in B class, but it's worth testing though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:35 pm

preliminary testing has begun. i've added the cobra, and forgot about the jag xk 120. so far i've been able to get them pretty close with PI hovering around 480-515 or so. i'll buck up and buy the MG and the XK. the d-type has so far set the bar, but it may be because it's one of my fave cars in the game and i've put tons of miles on it so i'm used to it.

i could just restrict it to "race" cars as well, not sure why i started adding all the convertibles from the era. but i like variety i guess.

suggestions? if we limit to the race type cars we'll have 4 cars to choose from ( 5 if you count the shelby) if it's expanded we'll double that roughly. more work and a different feel to the series, but it may make for more interest.

Back to top Go down
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:01 am

@bloozmahn i have made one change on your post of the list of cars you suggested
if it isnt on too late then i could race
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 am

Sounds good Blooz. If you need any help just ask.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 pm

did some work on these this weekend, i've got about 5 of them roughed out. i'll buy some MS points and pick up the DLC cars i don't have, hopefully i can make the xk jag and MG competitive, if not i'm just gonna scrap em as it would be way too much work to make all the others slower just to include those two.

as for PI, i'm mostly just concentrating on making the cars equal rather than worrying too much about what class they are in.

also i'm doing a top speed restriction via gearing to hold all cars at 145 mph, most of the tracks i have in mind won't really let you hit top speed but it will at least eliminate the aero advantage some of the cars have.

hopefully i'll have enough of the major lifting done in a few weeks then we'll start trying to figure out when to hold the races, and track selection etc..
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:19 am

If you want to shoot me a couple tunes for testing blooz, I'd be happy to help out.
Back to top Go down
Santy x Claws
Santy x Claws

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:36 pm

MG MIDGET RACING THATS A COOL IDEA FOR A "SHORT" SERIES!!!!!!!! no? ok
Back to top Go down
http://flyingkiwiracing.webs.com/
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:23 pm

if they had bugeye sprites that would be sweet.

i'm STILL waiting for a lotus 7...
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

We can adjust the tunes, yeah? So far I tried out the Shelby and the DBR1 and quite frankly they handle like boats. I am liking the DBR1 though, and may go with it. I've easily hit 2:18's with it.

Just a thought, my own personal opinion really, but I don't really like the race tranny's in these cars. Since you want to cap the top speed anyway, maybe just go with the sport tranny? Six gears really feels like too much, they should be four speeds as intended for a more realistic feel. Just my suggestion. I'll drive whatever you decide to go with.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:32 pm

we could try the sport tranny, my experience is the ratios are so far apart on some of the cars that it makes the engines bog quite a bit. it may hit 145, but it would take forever to do it. since the idea is just to limit the top speed, you can always set the ratios however you like and just use 4 of the gears if you wanted. race trans just seemed the easiest way to do it. i put race trans in alot of my cars although if they have lots of power and/or torque it doesn't really always help if you're limited on PI

i have a holden HSV build that has a factory 6 speed, 508 hp and tons of torque. the car weighs like 3200 pounds and even if i ignore the PI and put it in low S class the race trans makes it very marginally faster despite the factory 6 speed's 5th and 6th gears being virtually useless.

some or all of the cars will feel like boats.. they're old!!!

Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:05 pm

OK, sounds good. I didn't know how much tuning you were going to allow, so I only made a few minor tweaks. I knew you wanted a speed cap, so I didn't touch the tranny settings. If I can adjust the ratios myself the race tranny will be fine.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 am

yeah, my idea was to allow full tuning capability but lock the builds. i've sent you and turtle the builds i've done so far. do you or turtle anyone else keeping tabs on this project have the MG and the XK120 jag?

if you do, could you see what you can come up with for a build.

minimum specs are:

full race suspension/antirollbars/race brakes/full roll cage
maximum of sport tires

race tranny and differential.

then do whatever it takes to hit the target performance level. which is currently a low 2:18.xx at nurburgring GP. widen tires, weight reduction etc are all individual per car.

let me know if someone is going to do these, as i still have a few other cars to build and test before i buy some DLC cars that i'll probably never drive.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 pm

I will get the cars and try to set them up.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Yeah i have those and db should too. I'll kick him a little to wake him up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

idea for a short series
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next