Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Too much emphasis on tuning?

Go down 
+2
EZT MAKO 6669
bloozmahn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

Too much emphasis on tuning? Empty
PostSubject: Too much emphasis on tuning?   Too much emphasis on tuning? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 pm

I've been thinking lately that there might be too much emphasis on tuning in this game. I sort of enjoy tuning, but mostly i find it a distraction from racing. I just want to race, and it seems i take some flak for using mostly downloaded tunes, and i can't seem to get any tuners to modify a tune, even for a good deal of money. like if it's a very nice tune but the gearing is too short/long, or it has a rollbar that goes right across the field of view ( i use cockpit view exclusively)

I dunno, it's just a thought. i'm not fast enough to drive most of my cars to the limit unless the tune is really bad anyway so i'm probably just whining.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too much emphasis on tuning?   Too much emphasis on tuning? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Interestingly, I think the depth of tuning available is what makes Forza a cut above many of its competition. If tweaking this or that had no effect on the car, then it would all be rather pointless.

I don't criticize anyone for buying a SF tune. As you say, when it doesn't quite work right it's a handicap. When you build your own tune from the ground up, and it's successful, you get a feeling of accomplishment and more personal ownership of the car. It gets its own personality that you helped to create.

Yes, I've been destroyed on the track many times by drivers who are superior tuners. It's a skill, like anything else, and if I can't both tune AND drive better than my rival, then I didn't deserve to win the race.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Too much emphasis on tuning?   Too much emphasis on tuning? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 pm

I have a number of storefront tunes myself that I like a lot. No one should be giving you grief over using them. I agree with Dom that the tuning aspect adds another dimension to the game, but it can be frustrating to master. I have only recently begun to make my tunes more competitive.

There are quite a few great tuners right here that would be glad to help you out. Two of them are on your team!

This is also why we run alot of spec races here, to try and make it easier for those who are not as adept at tuning to be more competitive.

Don't hesitate to ask for help. We have all willingly shared tunes between us, regardless of team names!

Last edited by MAKO 6669 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Too much emphasis on tuning?   Too much emphasis on tuning? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 am

Yeah being how this is a simulation game, tuning is critical. I've been getting a lot of help from DBF and Turtle the last couple of weeks on tuning my cars better.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Too much emphasis on tuning?   Too much emphasis on tuning? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:32 am

No problem Soulterror as we have enjoyed helping you and hopefully you can get over that peak you feel like your stuck on and start chasing down those fast guys.
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Too much emphasis on tuning?   Too much emphasis on tuning? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:54 pm

The core of this game is still racing. With that is adaptation. I believe that a very skilled driver with no tuning skill will often dominate a mediocre driver with superior tuning skills.

If you're a decent enough driver, any solid tune will get you to where you need to be.

Back to top Go down
Bad0Karma
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Bad0Karma

PostSubject: Re: Too much emphasis on tuning?   Too much emphasis on tuning? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:07 pm

I just use a tuning calculator to get a base tune. If I like the car I tweak it from there. I forget where I got this one from, but if anyone is interested in it shoot me your email and I can send you the excel sheet.

Every tune I have gotten from it tightens the cars up nicely so they handle much better. It also gives you a simple tip what to change to affect certain aspects (unlike the huge description forza offers on screen)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too much emphasis on tuning?   Too much emphasis on tuning? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too much emphasis on tuning?
Page 1 of 1