Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!

Go down 
+6
The Face Taker
Metzkill1
VVV GGspeed
Bad0Karma
hillcrest34
EZT MAKO 6669
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Empty
PostSubject: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:30 pm

World Le Mans Series (WLMS)

We will be racing against other Members/Teams here on FLR.

We will be racing R1 and R3 Classes on Le Mans Tracks and other tracks.

Hopefully we can get this thing started maybe March? We can plan out the dates and times from there.

The Cars you are using must be BONE STOCK and TUNE STOCK!
* That means absolutely NO Tuning or Upgrading your cars.
Just to be clear with some other people who live in different countries! Smile *

YOU ARE REQUIRED USE PAINT ON YOUR CARS WITH YOUR TEAM NAME/GT/DRIVER #!!

If you don't have a paint with your Team Name, GamerTag, and Driver #, you will automatically be disqualified
from the tournament. IF however you are not racing as a team, you may choose to use a team paint to represent
your team, or you can do something totally different, but the GamerTag and Driver # still needs to be on the car.
I don't want to hear or see any whining or complaining about why you were disqualified. You've been warned.

We will be racing two classes; R1 and R3 Classes in the Same Lobby!
Each class is separated in scoring results, but the same scoring for each class.

Q: How do the teams split into two different classes?
A:[/b] If we have 2 teams, we will have two people in a team race the R1 Series
and have another two members from that same team race the R3 Series.
Same goes for the opposing team(s).

For 4 teams, we will have one person from a team race in the R1 Series,
and One Person for R3 Series. Same goes for the opposing team(s).

Further Description is in this spoiler below...

Click Spoiler to Expand
Spoiler:

---------

Buy-In Fee:
Independant: 20,000CR
Team: 40,000CR

After the Series is complete, the following winners will receive the following Prizes:

1st:.. 1,000,000CR
2nd:.... 500,000CR
3rd:..... 250,000CR
Rest:..... 30,000CR

As for Racing Assists, you may have any kind of assist as you feel most comfortable with your style!
So there's no restrictions on that whatsoever!

You can have any kind of transmission modes: AT|MT|MTC you feel most comfortable with!

Practice sessions will be planned before our Race Day.
Practices will need be 3 (THREE) Laps Minimum. If you'd like to do more laps,
feel free to do so, but 3 (THREE) laps should be good for practices.

Qualification Time is the same day as the Race Day, but will happen BEFORE the race starts!
Practice sessions will happen BEFORE Qualification Time.

Qualifications will be 3 laps but the first lap is warming up. So be prepared!

Body Style / Types of Cars used for WLMS:
Click Spoiler to Expand
Spoiler:
Special thanks to GT500Maniac2010 for the list!

Both R1 and R3 Class Cars MUST remain Bone Stock, and Tunes MUST be Stock as well!!!
You must remain with the same car you have started with in the rest of the series.

X classes are not allowed! ALL CARS MUST BE BOUGHT R3 or R1 CLASS BONE STOCK

If you are racing as a Team, your Team Livery must be on the vehicle you are racing.
If you are racing Independently, You may use whatever you want as your Livery,
as long as you have the following:

Team: Team Livery.

Independent: Your Own Custom-made design or Store-Bought designs.
[size="1"](If you are racing Independent, you may choose to place a Team Logo on your car to represent your team.)[/size]

Sponsor Logos (Castrol, Bridgestones, K&N, etc)

Driver Number or Driver Number Box (Your choice) on Front Bumper, Sides, and Rear Bumper. Top is Optional.

Gamer Tag on either the bottom or top of the driver side and passenger side windows.

--------
Races:
Click Spoiler to Expand
Spoiler:
There will be one or two pit stops through laps 2-7
If you fail to make a single pit stop on any races, your scoring
will be taken down by 10 points from the entire series.

RULES:

I do have a few rules set up for the Races. Please follow them or you may be given:
1st Time - A WARNING will be given.
2nd Time - One Race Disqualification and Not able to race for that Race.
3rd Time - Kicked from the entire series.
---
Click Spoiler to Expand
Spoiler:

If you fail do follow any of the rules, you will be dealing with the punishments listed above.
So please, keep it real clean and fun as possible!

If you are interested in this series, please go HERE to sign up.

Thanks,
GT500Maniac2010

Last edited by GT500Maniac2010 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:58 am

Sounds like fun CJ. I hope to be in this!
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:21 am

sounds good, though i think that we should be allowed to tune and that you can change the wheels and put race breaks on the cars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:36 pm

I would like for this to be a close racing instead of someone actually going 100K+ miles ahead of everyone else...
Back to top Go down
Bad0Karma
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Bad0Karma

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm in most likely unless some weird race times. Team needs times before they can confirm, so may be independent racer. Time will tell
Back to top Go down
VVV GGspeed
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
VVV GGspeed

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Im waiting my number to be confirmed and if dates are on weekends u can count on me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Count me in.....PM me the details when we get close to the time...

One thing....I think it might be being lost in translation...

What's BONE Stock setups? This some sorta Americanism? :-)

It says cars must be BONE Stock or Tune Stock............erm what does it mean?!

I was going to run a car i've built up and bought tunes for....does that count?
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm

No, it means the car must be the same as it comes from the dealer, NO upgrades, NO tuning allowed.
Back to top Go down
VVV GGspeed
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
VVV GGspeed

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Just quick question i don't see the car on list can i use #16 Porsche Spider RS ?
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:48 pm

If it's not on the list, I would say no, but that's up to CJ.
Back to top Go down
VVV GGspeed
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
VVV GGspeed

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:55 pm

MAKO 6669 wrote:
If it's not on the list, I would say no, but that's up to CJ.

Thx Mako yea probably not because its LB car but of all R1 cars it suits my driving style the best but if its not available will find something else Very Happy

Last edited by GGGspeed on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm

The spyder is my favorite too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 pm

thank you Mako for filling in for me while i was away...

LissArr, like Mako said previously, it means NO Tuning or Upgrades at all.

GGGSpeed, I'll take a look and see if the #16 Porsche Spyder RS is okay in the Le Mans Series. I'll let you know in awhile..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Just remember, if you are in a team, I'd suggest you could talk to your team members to see if they are interested in this tournament at all. If no one in your team is interested, feel free to sign up independently.

Thanks,
CJ
Back to top Go down
Metzkill1
Metzkill1

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 pm

I am interested too CJ. Mako let me know if we'll have some team practices and qualifying events.

You don't have to take these suggestions, but I have a few as I was trying to do a LeMans series for some time:
1. We may want to consider tunes, but locked tunes everyone has to use for a certain car. This may be too challenging, but you may get some cars not participating. Take the #45 Flying Lizard car. Great car, but the base tune in the game is VERY loose and it needs some work. Just a thought to consider.

2. My idea was originally to have the R1 and R3 race at the same time, together on the track. This makes it more true to life. Only downside is there would be 4 cars from each class on the track, so competition is a bit limited, but there would be more action with the speed difference. But you could still have 2 or more lobbies depending on number participating.

3. Since this is LeMans and then technically endurance racing, I think folks should be invested and the races set up for length of time, not laps. Anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours would really give it a feel like endurance.

Again, just some thoughts, and I'll be interested no matter what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 pm

Metzkill, those are good ideas.

To answer some of your ideas:
1. We can try to get some tunes for the cars that people are using, so maybe have some tuners at FLR try to tune them to make them drivable if they happen to have the cars? Good idea, we can talk about it via pm if its something we both can discuss.

2. R1 and R3 classes are running at the same time, just don't remember if I stated that before or not. If not, I'll add it up there.

3. That sounds like a good idea as well.. Maybe do like 45 minutes for the first 5 tracks, and then do 1 1/2 hours on the next 5 tracks?

Thanks for the ideas, we both can definitely talk about this together and try and get this going while it's still in edit mode.

- CJ
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Im interested, though the no tuning thing kinda puts me off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:56 pm

I just said earlier that we may allow tuning, just wait and see, we still have another month of deciding and testing, updating, etc. until we get this final and ready for March.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 pm

also i think that the car list needs to be reviewd, the Corvettes you have in there are GT3 corvettes and one of the vipers is GT1 and the other GT3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 am

All sound's great so far....I'm happy either way on the tuning. I'm pretty shocking at tuning so stock cars suit me great. If not i'll go and grab a tune etc from storefront...

Please not the Lizard Porsche though! It's shocking without a decent setup!
Back to top Go down
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:13 pm

I'd be up for this. Just as long as i can get the time at home to do it xD ..
& I'm guessing that it'll be a weekly thing? 10-15 laps on all those tracks seems like a fair ask for one day of racing >.<

You dont have to enter as part of a team do you?
Back to top Go down
Placebo Jeffect
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator
Placebo Jeffect

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 pm

No tuning please. some of us SUUUUUCK at tuning (me) and i can never be super competitive. im more competitive when im using the same car (which would be stock) I normally do very well but most people tune and test and tune and test and i just cant do it.. frowny face. I would love to do R1 class mmmmmmm im better in lower class cars (then S+) buuuut im good in r1 for some reason (i think its my sensitive thumb movement that gets me the win)
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:37 am

Here's the thing with the tuning. With the stock tunes, some of the cars are vastly superior to the others. Cars such as the Flying Lizard, as already mentioned, are difficult to drive stock. The R1 Audi's are great. SO, with no tuning allowed, you may have to find the car that suits your driving style and abilities the best, rather than the car you like.

I don't care either way myself, tuning or no is fine with me. I do think some of the newer members might prefer no tuning though.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:43 am

Either way i'll still be entering most likely using the 911 or the Ford GT Mk 7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:49 am

Okay so no Tuning then, final answer, and just take the
flying lizard out and call it done or should we talk about this longer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!   WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WLMS - R3 and R1 Class Tournament!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next