Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

MUSTANG RACING SERIES

Go down 
+4
Retpetty
hillcrest34
Sharpie35
EZT MAKO 6669
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

MUSTANG RACING SERIES Empty
PostSubject: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 pm

I got this idea after running in the FvCvD Touranment! Now I love the fact that I can put together a car that ran in the top two to three in my lobby and fifth over all in points, but like most races after the second or third lap everyone is spread out. In those races its run what you bring and hope its enough!! I hope by having what I got set up right now the racing will be closer and not so spread out.

Is this a SPEC RACE, in all means yes it is.. Only the parts on the list can be used and this is as close to what I can get to if you were going to buy one of Fords Spec Racing Mustangs from them. But let me know what you think!!

Also Posted this on my team board!

MUSTANG RACING SERIES

Car: 2005 Mustang GT

Parts:

Conversion:
Engine Swap- V8 Ford 5.0 Cammer

Engine and Power:
Race Air Filter
Race Fuel System
Race Ingnition
Race Exhaust
Race Oil and Cooling
Race Flywheel

Platform and Handling:
Race Brakes
Race Springs and Dampers
Race Front Anti-Roll Bar
Race Rear Anti-Roll Bar
Race Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage
Race Weight Reduction

Drivetrain:
Race Cluch
Race Transmission
Rave Driveline
Race Differential

Tires and Rims:
Race Tire Compound
Front Tire Width: 255/45R18
Rear Tire Width: 255/45R18
Rim Style: Buddy Club/ P1 Racing QF

Aero and Appearance:
FM3 Race Front Bumper
FM3 Race Rear Wing

CAR RULES:

1) The car has to have all the parts listed above on it, but you can't run any other parts but whats on the list!! This should make for some close racing and fun racing at that lol..

2) Adjustments: Okay some of you will be happy, while some of you wont like this but once again I hope this will make for much more closer racing!

Platform and Handling: Open- Just like you would in a real Racing series, ADJUST TILL YOUR HAPPY WITH YOUR CAR!

Drivetrain: Finial Drive is the ONLY gear you can adjust! Tranny gears are set and left at stock. Meaning after the Race Tranny is bought thats it!! (Some people can't adjust the tranny gears like others can..)

Tires and Rims: Air pressure which is a given lol..

Aero: Just like with the Platform, Adjust till your happy!!

3) After all the parts are put on the car it will be an S class at 646! Now I know there will and can be people out there that can get the same S class 646 rating using some other parts on the car. Now the only person your cheating is yourself. The idea with the parts used and why I picked them is to have some closer racing and not be speard out as much. So please use what is on the list and nothing else..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:44 am

Not a bad idea. I like it. SPEC Racing is really the only way to go and you can always check Telemetry to ensure compliance with Regulations.

I'll sign-up when you have everything thing worked out, as long as you keep the DLC out of it - don't own any of it; will buy Nurburgring GP but that's it, lol.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 pm

I like this idea alot! Not sure if I'll be able to participate, but I will ask the team if there's any interest. Perhaps a joint venture between our teams?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 pm

As for tracks, right now I'm thinking Mazda, Road ALT full, Road America, Seabring full other then that I haven't really desided. This is one of things I'd like some imput on lol.. Should have said that to began with...

Race rules I was thinking most everyone has an idea but I was going to use the yellow flag too. But it will have to be two cars or more that are invaled. If you run off or hite the wall on your own there will be no yellow unless you know for a fact that your on the track and you have other cars comming right up behind you. As for Assists, breacking line and Traction control are the only ones allowed..

Has for how long each race is going to be I haven't desided that eather lol, but I was thinking that there would be only one race a week so everyone can race in other series and so forth. And that way everyone as time to tune there car for the next track that why the racing is that much closer and fun lol..

As for the points, I was thinking something on the order of this:

1st- 16 points
2nd- 14 points
3rd- 12 points
4th- 10 points
5th- 8 points
6th- 6 points
7th- 4 points
8th- 2 points

This way everyone gets points and I'm hope it will be so close in the racing that the same person wont always finish in first lol..
Back to top Go down
Sharpie35
Sharpie35

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Interested in this keep me posted!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

If you are only allowing the FD to be adjusted, perhaps you should call for Sport transmissions' only?

Also, maybe use distance as rule for lap-count? this way all Courses would be of varying laps and Time behind the whell would be known - easier for others to judge their availability.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:02 am

count me in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 am

I was thinking about the sprts Trany Signal.. I think that would be the best why to go that way we know people are being fair lol.. Not says that most people are not in here but you never know.. As for how long a race is I knw that it takes about 2 mins or so around like Road America so I was thinking around 10 laps there so the race would last around 20 or so mins.. I still like the one race a week that way everyone could still do other things too..
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:44 am

im interesting in this. spec races really do seem the best way to have close racing, all its down to then is how people tune and driver skill

when this goes ahead would it be possible to have the tune on your SF so that its a simple case of fitting that to get the correct parts on the car. im sure it would save people time.

also would there be a fee to enter purchased as a vinyl maybe like the FvCvD tournament? i think tis a good idea cus you actually get a reward for your hard work too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Sign me up. Not a huge fan of Mustangs, but I am a huge fan of spec racing. Less things for me to screw up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Sorry I haven't been on much, things here at the home front have got alittle crazy to say the lest lol.. I'm working on getting on tonight to try and finalize this and get it up and going.. Just hope I get a good turn out for my first try at putting on of these together lol...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Great - Have you Updated the OP yet? Also, Mondays are pretty much filled for me.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:11 am

here's my beast
MUSTANG RACING SERIES Forza22w

looking forward to this
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:36 am

Nice Job! Very clean looking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:18 am

That looks great hill, ya I can't wait eather lol, but the down side is I'm still working on dates for the races and like I said its been a made house here at the home front.. So finding the time to find the date for everyone to beable to race hasn't been easy..
Since you put a car together what do you think? Do you beleave this should make for some great racing???
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:26 am

i think this should be good. i reckon this will be down to the wire and really showcase driver skill. plus the engines sound great Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:58 pm

I'm into this idea...
I'll be the one bringing up the rear, or hitting the wall. Ha.

When would it start possibly? My availability might be spotty for a couple of weeks.

By the way... I grew up in Defiance. Until I was 10 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sharpie35
Sharpie35

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:50 am

Put me down tentative for now until I know my schedule better, I have a car lined up and roaring to go!

MUSTANG RACING SERIES Mustangspec1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:05 pm

I'mlooking to finish up the details here soon.. As for the races and when there going to happen, like I said before I'm going to have one race a week so it's easier for everyone that wants to race can..

One thing I've been thinking of is this: The buy in will be high, but this way everyone gets something and its going to be loby based pay out.. If a lobby is full the higher the pay out and if we do come down to more then one lobby the pay out will be the same in each.. Then at the end I'll give out more money to the top 5 over all (if more then one lobby), this will come out of my own bank.. I hope I'll beable to at least beable to pay back your buy in so it's a win win for everyone...
Back to top Go down
Sharpie35
Sharpie35

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:55 pm

hopefully the buy in aint to high, i dont have a whole lot of cash since i have been buying cars an paints like crazy. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm in for this, love the mustangs
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 pm

honestly i think we should have 2 races per week, and work around it, otherwise 1 race a week could take too long and people may lose interest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Okay guys/ladys, I found some time to sit down and figure out the buy in and the payout for the series.. So here it is:

BUY IN: $25,000

PAYOUT by Finish in Points:

8th: $35,000
7th: $45,000
6th: $55,000
5th: $65,000
4th: $75,000
3rd: $85,000
2nd: $95,000
1st: $105,000

I know it's not much of a payout for 8th but for my first race it's the best I can do lol.. Has for the days and dates of the races I would like everyones in put on what day of the week works best for you. Then from there I can set the dates of the races..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:15 pm

I see your point Hill, so what two days of the week works best for everyone lol...
Back to top Go down
Sharpie35
Sharpie35

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:22 am

lol what the vinyl we buying to make this happen? And what tracks are we running so i can start practicing ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSTANG RACING SERIES   MUSTANG RACING SERIES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSTANG RACING SERIES
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next