Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader

PostSubject: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am

Welcome to the 10th and final race in season one. When I set this series up, I decided what better place to have the final event than at the most iconic track in American Motorsports, The Brickyard. The challenges Indy presents also adds to the drama and excitement of our last race. This will of course be a standard race, 50 laps, sim damage, with one mandatory pit. We will be using our standard build cars, PI R2 808. Qualifying will begin at 9:00 pm est.

Race notes:

Since we've already raced here once, you all should be familiar with the track. Remember that your line through the turns is critical, as the camber changes as you move up the track. I would also advise a few practice runs through the pits since the exit can be tricky, especially if exiting into oncoming traffic.

This has been an exciting series so far, despite having a bit less participation than hoped for. We have had some great racing among the competitors who have shown up. The championship is still up for grabs. Currently, DBF leads the standings with 790 pts, followed by uncabunca with 788 pts and Mako with 766 pts. Anything can happen! I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their superb etiquette during this series. Even though the racing has been very close and furious at times, all have been courteous, gentlemen like, and exhibited the very finest in sportsmanship. All the qualities we aspire to here in FLR. I thank each of you for providing a great racing experience!

Good luck everyone and we'll see you on the track Saturday night. I'm looking forward to this event. And be advised, I will not be taking myself out on lap 5 as I did the last time. You have been warned! Very Happy

EDIT: If he would like, I am going to let DBF host this weeks race. The last two weeks he has been affected by some inexplicable lag which has unfairly affected the outcome of his race. Perhaps if he is the host, this will not be an issue. With the points race so close between him and unca, I think we can all agree it should not be decided by lag issues.

Last edited by MAKO 6669 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:58 am

Race Results:

1st - Uncabunca - 100 pts
2nd - DBF - 98 pts
3rd - Turtle - 96 pts
4th - Mako - 94 pts
5th - SpecialJ - 92 pts
6th - CJ - 90 pts (DNF)

Team Results:

Team EZT - 10 pts
Team SpecialJ - 14 pts
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 am

Results posted.

Great race last night guys and great series overall. This has been alot of fun! Even though we didn't always have close racing on the track, the points battle was so close as to make each race exciting and nerve-racking. As always, we had a good time and a few laughs each week, regardless of what was taking place on the track.

Congrats to uncabunca for last nights win from the pole! He pretty much dominated this one. DBF and Turtle both ran solid races as well, earning them 2nd and 3rd respectively.

A big thumbs up to SpecialJ as well. Despite being off the pace he stuck it out like a true competitor, driving his own race and earning 5th. Good job bud!

CJ will be updating the standings and posting the championship awards. It looks like unca and DBF finished in a tie! What a great end to a series! I admit I was unprepared for this scenario, so we decided to use wins as the tiebreaker. The unofficial results are:

1st - uncabunca - 888 pts (5wins)
2nd - DBF - 888 pts (4wins)
3rd - Mako - 860 pts

It looks like Team SpecialJ wins the Team Championship with 88 pts.

Congrats and thanks to all for a great series.
Back to top Go down
SPECIALJ86

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Well what an interesting Season this was 1st Off id like to thanlk Mako & CJ for there great work with getting this series ready........Id also like to send a Big Special Congratz to Unca for winning the championship.

Next thing is i would like to ask for the Replay of last nights race as i forgot to save it. I want to look over the incident with Turtle & CJ & I. I also want a picture of my Beaten up Car at the end as i have a Idea for a little poster i want to make. I was hoping for a better laps times as i was hoping to get past a 48.400sec but after the incident on the track the car jus lost all grip and handling. But i didnt care if i was riding around i have started of having the attitude of never give up or in the Case of one of Johnny Cashs Songs I wont back down!!! My aim was to fight the car to the end and show my Support for DBF & Turtle as there car owner.

Now as for me being a Team owner i am Very Happy!!! I knew at the start of the season and was scouting for possible drivers i knew i had to get my Bros DBF & Turtle! Our Friendship has grown on and off FLR and i would like to thank both of you for an awsome season at Special J Motorsports. I little note to my Bro DBF i know you would have like to have taken the Drivers Championship to but i guess it just wasnt in our cards this season. But I am know way disappointed Finsih 2nd by a Tiebreaker is still impressive enough. So thanks again you two!

I would also like to work out another contract with you both for next season.....
i can pay you in Canadian Bacon.....

Id Also like to send a special thanks too our Sponsers Hooters, Ford EcoBoost & i be thanks to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness.

Anyways i must head back to The Special J motorsports and Crunch some numbers & find some more sponsers for next year............now where did i put that beer????
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:38 pm

A good season, indeed, but last night's race was a downer for me.

But congrats to team member Uncabunca for taking overall win!
Back to top Go down
DBF2KILLER

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Congrads Unca on the win

An J ill drive for SJM any time. An Bacon is good but BEER is better
Back to top Go down
Santy x Claws

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Im sorry I could not race but the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 is just a must watch event
Back to top Go down
http://flyingkiwiracing.webs.com/
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm

I'll update the standings tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
EZT uncabunca

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm

First of all, I want to thank the organizers of this series. Last summer, I was looking around for a stock car series that ran on the weekend so I could do some oval racing. This series and the TORA TASCAR series started at the same time. I ran in both and FLR wins hands down. Your car builds are much more exciting and challenging to drive and the track selection was perfect. I have to admit I had some reservations about doing 50 laps on the road courses but those races turned out to be very satisfying. Here's hoping more people discover FLR and the series continues to grow.

Secondly, I'd like to congratulate DB for a well fought championship. Although we never got to race door-to-door, the points battle was always close. I would win a race and then DB would win. It was like a season-long chess match. Going into the last race I was 2 points behind. I had to beat DB to even up the points score. If somebody else had won and I finished 2nd and DB finished 3rd, we would have been tied on points, tied on wins (4 each), tied on seconds (3 each) and tied on thirds (2 each). It was that close. So I had to win. Any other result and DB would have been the champion. So congrats again, mate! Well done!
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank you unca for your very kind words. It is encouraging to know that our series placed above a well known and organized league like TORA in your opinion.

I'm also glad that you have enjoyed your time with us here so far. You have been a pleasure to race with, and I hope we continue to do battle in many series yet to come!!
Back to top Go down
DBF2KILLER

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks unca that made for some good raceing Congrads on the champ win hope to run with you agion some time.
I also want to thank Mako for a great series an some good raceing it was a blast. An to J thanks for the ride buddy an to turtle thanks for all your help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway   

Back to top Go down

Race 10, Indianapolis Motor Speedway
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community :: Completed Seasons-
Jump to: