Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Weekend Track Warrior

Go down 
+6
atownstydwn
turtletime74
Marxist Llama
EZT MAKO 6669
HLR Rokko
SoulTerror08
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

Weekend Track Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:53 am

This is an idea I have been throwing around for a year now.

It's going to be a bring any car, class, drivetrain you want, but the catch is you will only have a certain cr amount that you can spend on the car and upgrades.

I have went through and created a spreadsheet using how much the parts costs in game with no discounts to do this.

This is designed to be a stress free race. None of this "Oh I have to test the cars to see which is the fastest." This is a take any car that in real life you would have sitting in your garage and be building it to race.

There is going to be no buy in, no points recorded, no grand prize money. Just drive your realistic dream car and let's go!

-Price cap of $50 which incluces the price of the car.
-Any car within the price range is ok. Motor and drive train swaps are allowed.
-Once you race with a car, you are stuck with that car. This goes for engine and drivetrain swaps. Other parts are allowed to be swapped between races
(but try to keep builds similar as this is suppose to be a realistic series and you are not going to do a complete engine and suspension overhaul for one track or another)
-You do not have to do every race and anyone can jump into the series at any time since points are not being tracked.

Here is the Excel 07 sheet I made for it. http://www.mediafire.com/view/?3jt7yobfb3c0t56

Particpants:
SoulTerror: 1990 Camaro Iroc-Z
SmokeScreen: 1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA
TurtleTime: Solstic
DBF2Killer: TBA
Mako 6669: 944 Turbo
Marxist Llama: Rabbit
atownstydwn: 1992 GMC Typhoon
Placebo Jeffect: TBA
CJs87Stang: 1993 Mustang GT
bloozmahn: BMW M5
Jeremy1986 (Special J) : Trans Am

All races will be on a 30 minute timer unless otherwise noted.
Race 1&2
7/21 - 8pm Est:
Road Atlanta Club Circuit and Sebring Club Circuit.

Race 3&4
7/28 - 8pm EST:
Tsukuba Full Circuit and Twin Ring Motegi East Circuit

Race 5&6
8/4 - 8pm EST:
Fijimi Kaido Full Circuit (45 Minutes and No Damage)

Race 7&8 (I will not be at this event)
8/11 - 8pm EST:
Bernese Alps Club Circuit and Comino Viejo de Montserrat Short Circuit Reverse

Race 9&10
8/18 - 8pm EST
Circuit de Catalunya School Circuit and Iberian International Circuit Full Circuit

Race 11&12
TBD if interest is there.

The list of cars in the document is not what you are restricted to. That was just to get an overall range of prices of cars.

No Unicorn cars This is due to them not having a credit value.

Last edited by SoulTerror on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Initial cost of the car is of no consequence? Just the upgrade parts correct?

Sounds fun Soul.
Back to top Go down
http://hardluckportal.us/hardluckracing/index.php
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Nope, cost of car is included in it. Like I said it's suppose to reflect a realistic thing.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Mediafire was temporarily unavailable, but I like the idea. Obviously, I can only do weekends.
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm

wow, 50K total budget including the cost of the car? Hmmm, OK then.

I'll do some testing tonight on the 50K total cost. That's gonna rule out tons of cars.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:52 pm

If to many people find $50 being to restrictive, then I will raise it. I wanted to go for a realistic event.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Lots of popular cars will come in under the limit. Some of the newer ones will push it, but chances are they are already decent cars.

If anyone wants the spreadsheet, pm me your email and I'll send it over. I made it so that you can put in the car cost and it will automatically take that amount of out the $50k, and then you can pick what upgrades you want and it will be taking from the total $50k.
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:29 pm

nahh, 50K is fine, lets work for it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:29 pm

I like this idea, couple points/questions though:

-What about unicorns? Camaro SS, Civic, Integra and the GT500 would probably be cheap enough for this series, but how would we figure their "purchase" price?

-For those who like higher classes, there are the Viper GTS ACR and SRT10, the C5 and C6, the Boxster, the Tuscan, etc.

-I think the 50k cap is fine, it brings a lot of cars to the table without letting some of the crazier cars in, it's realistic, and it's challenging.

-It's also interesting because it'll be less about who has the fastest most hardcore tuning shop tuned car, and more about what you like. Plus it'll be nice to see the lower classes represented (hopefully)

If I participate I'll probably drive the Legacy RS, Galant VR-4, or something.

Last edited by Marxist Llama on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:30 pm

I would think unicorns are out llama, since there is no cost associated with them.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Marxist Llama wrote:
I like this idea, couple points/questions though:

-What about unicorns? Camaro SS, Civic, Integra and the GT500 would probably be cheap enough for this series, but how would we figure their "purchase" price?

I hadn't even thought about the Unicorns. They will be banned due to no cr value.

Marxist Llama wrote:

-I think the 50k cap is fine, it brings a lot of cars to the table without letting some of the crazier cars in, it's realistic, and it's challenging.

-It's also interesting because it'll be less about who has the fastest most hardcore tuning shop tuned car, and more about what you like. Plus it'll be nice to see the lower classes represented (hopefully)

This is my goal. Let's get into some of the cars that are within most people's realistic grasp and take them to the track and just have fun.

Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:50 pm

BTW I'll probably be rocking a third gen Fbody. Not sure which yet.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah I'm late to the party but always ontime. I start looking this week.
Back to top Go down
atownstydwn
atownstydwn

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:51 pm

ill be rocking my GMC Jimmy! (Typhoon)

i am soooooooo down with this
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm in the 87 Firebird.

We need some "street" pricing options soul.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:10 pm

I put all the prices for all the parts I thought.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Might need to take look at pricing for rotaries to see if upgrades translate correctly ie... rotor upgrade=piston upgrades?
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:54 pm

If you go to the car list, X button when in my garage I think, you can scroll across and get the parts value of the car. Should give a rough idea if your in the neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 pm

turtle, db and i went through it last night, there are "street" parts missing from the pricing spreadsheet.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:59 pm

50k Rokko, how hard can it be? Hahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Well I'll probably be rocking some form of JDM, probably an older rally car like the Legacy, Galant, or the rally Celicas (probably the one they just added)
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 pm

MAKO 6669 wrote:
50k Rokko, how hard can it be? Hahahahahaha!

give it a shot mako then get back to me, smart alex. Wink Trying to get right on 50K is not easy.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Can we have an idea what kind of tracks are we looking at. Full, club, mix or? ??
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Hmm..since it's a weekday warrior themed series, we could theoretically do any variation of any track. How about track day favourites?

-Nurb GP Short
-Laguna Seca
-Infineon full(sunrise)
-Tsukuba, as it's renowned for being a "beginners" or track day circuit.
-Maple Hole would seem like it'd be a track day circuit
-Hockenheim..national..the one without the damn hairpin, or the short version.
-Motegi West (the medium one)
-Road Atlanta Club
-Mugello

Tracks to avoid imo:
Any speed track, so Le Mans, Sunset and the Alps would be stupid imo
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:18 am

If enough people are interested we can actually do as many tracks as we want since there is no points or anything like that being tracked.

I would like to stay away from some of the huge/major tracks like nurburgring (even though I like that track)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Track Warrior   Weekend Track Warrior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend Track Warrior
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next