Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

idea for a short series

Go down 
+4
Bad0Karma
EZT MAKO 6669
turtletime74
bloozmahn
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

idea for a short series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 pm

i did a build for the porsche 550, but since it's DLC and there's no free car pack do we want to include it?

any other thoughts on this, maybe people who are interested can post so we can get some input on possible entries, days of the week, etc. i was thinking late september or october to start, should give enough time to solidify the builds and let people pick their cars + tune them.

Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 pm

I love the 550 but we be indifferent if it's not included as it will force me to drive something new.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 pm

I totally agree with Turtle. Since you already did the build, it won't hurt to add it to the list though. You already have a great selection of cars, so I wouldn't go too crazy building many more.

As for days, I'm limited to Fri or Sat nights, as you know.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 pm

agreed, i think i may axe the xk120 and the ferrari california, seems silly to have duplicates within a manufacturer
Back to top Go down
Bush ookie

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:01 am

Im in. Can I get the tunes to play around with this weekend Blooz...?
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:18 pm

It occurred to me today while doing some season play that this series would be even more fantastic if it were multi-class, with the secondary class being C. This would be optimal if we had at least 5-6 drivers per class. If we have less than ten drivers, it should remain single class.

I'm willing to drive either class depending on the balance of drivers.
Back to top Go down
Bush ookie

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 am

MAKO 6669 wrote:
It occurred to me today while doing some season play that this series would be even more fantastic if it were multi-class, with the secondary class being C. This would be optimal if we had at least 5-6 drivers per class. If we have less than ten drivers, it should remain single class.

I'm willing to drive either class depending on the balance of drivers.

Great idea Mako. After spending some time with each of the cars (thanks Blooz) this series is going to be a blast. Plus...making it cockpit view only, IM SOLD. Adding a whole other class would be kickass. All we need now is some dancing girls.

Ooops I believe there are Women FLR members so Mako you're going to have to dance. Sorry buddy.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 am

Trust me, you don't want to see me dance. I do this weird thing with my fins and...........
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:45 pm

With the supplied tunes all cars meet challenge of being consistent with each other. After tuning to personal preference Bush, DB and I all drove the " race " cars considerably faster. Initial impression is cars lack character which makes them fun to drive. I'm currently trying to retune cars with sport trans and almost have them figured out. We could class the race cars by themself or remove them as they are providing the biggest challenge. You forgot to list Lotus Eleven, Porsche 550, Corvette, and all upcoming roadsters (300 SLR, Sprite, other C1)
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 pm

I have a bad feeling about the Eleven, the thing weighs less than Mako does (gotta stop eatin all those swimmers buddy) and if you give it too much power you'll probably evaporate and then explode
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Currently the list of cars I'm working with are:
Aston Martin DBR1
Austin Healey 3000
Austin Healey Sprite
BMW 507
Chevrolet C1- '53 & '60
Ferrari California
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
Jaguar D type
Jaguar XK120
Lotus Eleven
Maserati 300S
Mercedes Benz 300SLR ( NOT PURCHASED YET)
MG MGA
Porsche 550
Shelby Cobra
Truimph TR3

Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 pm

The Eleven is quite a handful and is just barely fast enough to make it in but definitely couldn't compete with race cars in current state as it just doesn't have the ponies to match the big boys.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 5:33 pm

i'm back online finally, but i think i may take a break from racing. my hands are actually doing better since i've stopped racing this last week or so. i'm gonna give it another week and see how things go. in the meantime, i don't mind you guys going ahead with the roadster series as far as testing tuning etc.. i think the idea of keeping the "race" cars in a separate class is probably best. maybe even just limit the race to those cars? or multi class with the road cars?
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:41 pm

This is your baby you should decide where it goes. I sent everyone the tunes to try out. The races cars are ok just not alot left to take away from Maserati or Aston to slow them down if needed. The street cars are very close to each other and have very distinct personalities which makes them fun to drive and more likely to get people involved because everyone should find something they like. I'm personally digging the Shelby and Sprite but have always been fond of the Healey and Cali.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:34 pm

my xbox live expired yesterday so i'm gonna have to wait a while before i'm back online. finances are pretty tight for me right now, i'm having MAJOR issues with student loan vultures.

as for the series, as long as the cars are fairly equally matched and it's cockpit/no HUD i'm not all that concerned with the details. the builds i did were approximates and i knew they would need some tweaking.

the biggest thing for me was trying to get some tight racing going that had some character. it's most always the same few guys that run off in the distance it seems. while penalizing someone for having skill is kind of silly, it makes for crap racing. i wish they had something like the BTCC where ballast could be added or something like that where it makes it more competitive. while i'm a much, much faster racer than i was when i joined up here, i still don't have a prayer of winning a race that has a decent amount of entries. It's a fine line between making things competitve versus negating skill altogether.

i'd rather come in 4th in a race while battling two other guys for lap after lap than come in first after lapping the field.
Back to top Go down
Bush ookie

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:16 am

turtletime74 wrote:
I'm personally digging the Shelby and Sprite but have always been fond of the Healey and Cali.

SPRITE IS MINE YO! stay away.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:41 am

I'm tossed now between the DBR1 and the TR3.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:08 am

Don't be eyeing me mister. Mister Shelby might have words with your Sprite.
Back to top Go down
Bush ookie

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:57 am

turtletime74 wrote:
Don't be eyeing me mister. Mister Shelby might have words with your Sprite.

I'll see you in the corners tongue
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Any progress on this? Anxious to get it started.
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 pm

no idea, i'm on hiatus for a bit. hopefully i'll be back in time for a few of the races. didn't mean to start it and leave, i've just got way too much going on right now and priorities are priorities.

should pass around the builds and do a test run at TNT or something.

Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:01 am

I know you have things going on Blooz. Turtle had picked it up. He sent me a bunch of tunes which I tested out for him. I was hoping we were close to a start date.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Mako I'll throw it at you and let you run with it since you originally pitch it oit there. Cars are close but think they still need some finessing to tighten up the field. I'LL try to get back to them and see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: idea for a short series   idea for a short series - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

idea for a short series
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2