Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Your favorite moment from FM3

Go down 
+6
Bad0Karma
Marxist Llama
SoulTerror08
turtletime74
EZT MAKO 6669
CJs87Stang
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Your favorite moment from FM3 Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:38 pm

We're finally here, the end of FM3. The last FM3 series around FLR will get started soon. It's been a long, strange journey. To be honest, I don't think there is any one series we could host that would really encapsulate all that we've experienced.

I'm interested to know what your favorite moment or memory of FM3 will be. It could be a race, a car you painted, a huge crash, anything.

I'll get it kicked off with my own, which was actually an entire series of 3 races in one night - the MSM: Mazda Miata vs. Toyota MR2 Showdown. We had 5 drivers, which was pretty typical for the time. What made this memorable is that I was able to go head-to-head with one of our fastest team drivers, Buldzjin, for the entire 12 laps of the first race. Three drivers were nose to tail the whole time, and I came away with a hard-fought victory. Retpetty, who is now the MSM co-leader, won his first race in the second event by a whopping 2,000 feet! The third race decided the series winner, and... well, you can open the spoiler if you want to read more.

Spoiler:

So, what moment or memory will you carry away from FM3?

Last edited by Dominic Mako on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Two Words....Race Rover
Back to top Go down
CJs87Stang
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
CJs87Stang

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:00 pm

My favorite moment from FM3...

I would have to say my first ever painted car was the U.S. Army design that I did. It was simple, yet effective. The next few months, I had received probably 20 or 30 comments in my PM box on FM.net. At least 15 of them I think were military guys or have members in their families who were in the military, and they saw my work, and they really liked it. Some of them had asked if they could receive a copy of it, and I said 'Yes'.

They had also asked if I wanted anything in return, I said you already have given me something. "What do you mean?" I said, "The land of the Freedom, and a strong military in this country. God bless you and your family!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 pm

i have a few, the Race Rovers are obviously high up on the list. Whats funny is most don't know that awareofnow is actually where the idea to play around with the Rovers came from. One of our nights running various random races resulted in a B Class race where he pulled out the Rover and proceeded to take the lead only to end up upside down. After that it was all upside down as a series was ran (that aware won) and then came a odd tune that took the Race Rover to the air.

As for a series i gotta go with the muscle car series. It had great racing, usually a run away winner but through the pack the racing was back and forth, plus its classic muscle cars so its gotta be cool.

And we all can't forget about the cursed Mugello track. One cursed incident lead to a huge meltdown, the next i think we all realized the track was evil and it didn't cause any issues among us.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I guess for me it was when I finally got to race here in the league. I honestly don't remember what it was, I think it was actually an informal get together with Dom and the guys. I originally raced with my son, but he was slowly losing interest, and the public hoppers are, well you know. I raced regularly with a bunch of guys in the mornings, but they were barely above the shenanigans that go on in the hoppers. When I joined here and got on PLR, it was like I was part of something bigger than just a game. In all honesty, if not for FLR I would have gotten bored with FM3 a long time ago. Every race here presents a new challenge that the game itself could never provide. The added bonus of having you all as friends and learning from each other has given it a life of it's own.

I look forward to FM4 even more than I would have, because as a group, we will explore the game together, making it all the more exciting. Despite our petty and usually childish disagreements, this league makes this far more than just a game.

You may now grab your kleenex or vomit bags as applicable!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:19 pm

The only thing I can honestly say that I can carry over from FM3 is meeting up with you all and having a great time racing. True there were ups and downs, but if you didn't have any downs you really couldn't appreciate the ups.
I truly love to race and spend time on the track and any experience virtual or real is always a plus in my book.
I'll see you guys on the track!!!
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:15 pm

First great moment would be finding FLR after being tired with lobbies and only racing with my bro. Second great moment would be competing in GT1 series with DBF and Mako and forming a new friendship that looking back I don't know how we got along with Mako. Third greatest moment is seeing BBR actually becoming something great after it languishing for so long under its previous team name and almost giving up on the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:38 pm

I've had a lot of memories from FM3 to many to list.

I've had good success trading my paint jobs on FM3, which is nice as is the nice comments of FLR members I receive. A lot of the criticism of my paints from FLR members has helped me refine my style and the way I go about painting my cars.

My first championship that I raced in, the Team Europa German Luxury Car Tournament was a big one for me and also provided me with my favourite car in my garage, my Mercedes E-Class AMG. It failed as a racing car but encapsulated the underdog spirit I had starting off racing competitively on Forza. It gained notoriety for being by far the quickest car on the grid in a straight line and it's intimidating engine noise, that literally scared other members off the road. Unfortunately I never completed the series proper, because of my problems at college and the resulting issues I was having. The car still means a lot to me, and I race it in test drive to relax.

My memories of the EUR vs MSM series were equally good, as was the racing. The highlight was a stroke of genius in the pitstop phase at Camino X, which allowed me to take 3 places.

My favourite memories however are from the EUR GT3 Championship, what would be my last appearance in Team EUR colours before my perhaps slightly controversial move to MSM. I won my first ever FLR race in the first race of the championship at Sebring, dodging a first corner incident and blazing off into the distance ending with a laptime a full second quicker than anyone else. I eventually won the championship on the last corner of the last race when squidFIN got the last corner of the Nurburgring horribly wrong. Although this was good and I was stoked to win the championship due to race wins, it was the race win that sealed the championship for me that sticks out the most.

EUR GT3 Race 4 - The closest race I've ever had.
Spoiler:

It was a championship that helped me establish me as one of the more formidable opponents on FLR and It really helped me fine tune my racecraft, something that I pride myself on now. The replay is on my storefront I believe although I'll send it to people if they want, it's extremely entertaining.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:29 pm

One of my favorite moments would be during my Camaro SSX series when Mako and I where battling it out and I finally made a mistake going up the hill and Mako got by me. By time we got to the downhill cork screw I made a brave pass on his right and just heard him "Oh there you are you little cornbeef" or something like that.

Another of my favorite is when I got dragged into a second Nascar race and getting spun out on the first lap, so I drove backwards and hit Turtletime head on at full speed lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 am

I have alot of favorite moments. But my favorite moment would have to stem from a bad moment. I had got banned for my incident with HLR Violation and Rokko, so coming back in 2 weeks would be forever, and trust me it was. But when I did finally come back, it was Aussie V8s at Road America and I drove to a 3rd place finish. But the fact is, how I was welcome back with such opened arms was really moving to me, despite the fact that I had given MSM a bad name and hurt the reputation a little bit, they still welcomed me back and just helped me put this situation behind me. Along with the GT500 series, and pretty much every moment in MSM has been my favorite, but that one moment sticks out alot
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:24 am

turtletime74 wrote:
First great moment would be finding FLR after being tired with lobbies and only racing with my bro. Second great moment would be competing in GT1 series with DBF and Mako and forming a new friendship that looking back I don't know how we got along with Mako. Third greatest moment is seeing BBR actually becoming something great after it languishing for so long under its previous team name and almost giving up on the team.

I don't know how I get along with him either, lol!!
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Cat and mouse with Dom and Eurobugg, I believe. Free gold weekend when I first joined MSM. Many lulz ensued. So did many flying RS200s

Nurburgring enduro. You guys know what I'm talking about. Haven't laughed that hard during a race on Forza since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 am

Marxist Llama wrote:

Nurburgring enduro. You guys know what I'm talking about. Haven't laughed that hard during a race on Forza since.

Hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Bad0Karma
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Bad0Karma

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 am

Bloohzmans PT excellent PT cruiser tuned races are still by far my favorite (and up there for DB as well I'm sure HA) - a close second would be the very close races I had with Minimum in the Supercar Showdown. Wish I could have made a few more, it was a great series.
Back to top Go down
EZT Ironhide
EZT Ironhide

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:56 am

I don't know if I have one favorite moment. I do however have a favorite series. It was the FvCvD series I drove the dodge to a third place overall finish, and considering how many times I was up on 2 wheels and rolled it over 3rd place wasn't an easy task.
Back to top Go down
http://hardluckracing.freeforums.org
HLR AlphaDog
HLR AlphaDog

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:51 am

Lots of fun times over the past two years.......great overtakes out of nowhere.....getting to beat Violation when the wife actually lets me play online and he's not MIA,lol. Racing with my old HLR mates(much love guys!), and just the general FM community as a whole. We have the best bunch of fanatics there are, and i expect nothing less going into FM4.
Back to top Go down
Saltine713
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Saltine713

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:39 pm

My favorite moments were playing car soccer and demolition derby.
Back to top Go down
Marxist Llama
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Marxist Llama

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Wait, Salt actually played Forza with FLR once?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
Soulfire XP
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Soulfire XP

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 am

my favourite moments was during my first major tourney the german luxury as the races were fun and advice from fellow members of FLR really helped with my tuning and confidence in driving as before I was overcautious and worried to even go for a pass. The races were quite tence near the end as my BMW on the last 3 races at some point would try to roll over until eventaully it succeeded during Nurbugring.

The cheap tourney was also very fun as the races were much more competative due to everyone having to drive cars there are not used to.

Another would be winning some of the races in the MSM vs EUR as it was easily the most worryingsome of the leaques due to my not having as much experinece in the higher classes and I would be racing against some of the best in FLR.

Another would be when I started my blog as it opened up a new world in FM3 for me, as trying out new cars and beaten LB cars in them feels ever so satisfying and kept me playing for months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite moment from FM3   Your favorite moment from FM3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite moment from FM3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community :: Archives-
Jump to: