Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Supercar Showdown

Go down 
+7
Rockon2dawn
EZT MAKO 6669
xVampirAx
HLR Rokko
turtletime74
B4D B0Y69
The Face Taker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Which Idea?
Mustang Challenge
Supercar Showdown - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Supercar Showdown - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Super Car Showdown
Supercar Showdown - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Supercar Showdown - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Sub Compact Run About
Supercar Showdown - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%Supercar Showdown - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
B4D B0Y69

Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:27 am

Mmmm. Having trouble posting, I'll try again Very Happy I can just about fit this in if we're finished about 11.30 (gotta be up at 6 on sunday).

PM'd re, testing but it's sat in my outbox.

I've got a rough idea of the car I'm gonna use but I wanna test some before I decide. If you want to recommend some cars, I'll give em a run out.
Back to top Go down
B4D B0Y69

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:04 am

"Hm I'd forgotten about Bobbo & his write-ups, I'll have a looky through"

I can't seem to find this, can you post a link?
Back to top Go down
VVV GGspeed
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
VVV GGspeed

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:30 am

B4D B0Y69 wrote:

http://www.flrleague.org/f18-callmehdarkside-s-blog

Back to top Go down
B4D B0Y69

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 am

Thanks GGG
Back to top Go down
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 am

I've PM'd you back Badboy Smile

I've also updated the first post with more info about testing, if anyone wishes to help out Smile

Quote :
If you would like to help out:
I'm building the cars to S700 (RWD) & putting a basic tune from an online calculator onto the cars for testing.
I'm testing the cars around 5 test tracks:
1) Bugatti Circuit
2) Nurburgring GP Full
3) Iberian Full
4) Sidewinder layout G
5) Sedona club

Right now I've built & have started running the following cars:
Mclaren MP4-12C
Maserati MC12
Ford GT40 MKII
Lexus LFA
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Porsche Carrera GT
Ferrari 458 Italia
-------- 330 P4
-------- F50
Pegani Zonda C12
Lamborghini Reventon
-------------- Superleggera

If you wanna test somthing let me know what lap times you get around the tracks above. I dont mind if you test cars I've already done as its just some more info I can use..

Thanks to everyone already, I got a feeling this might work out Smile

Last edited by The Face Taker on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 am

GGGspeed wrote:
B4D B0Y69 wrote:

Wrong link GGG, here is the correct one: http://www.flrleague.org/t4112-flr-gt3-world-championshiprevived
Back to top Go down
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:00 am

I think the cars are different in that series Mako, most are built to S690(ish) while these will be S700.. Jus' sayin' Smile

Update: I'm still testing & so far most are running the similar laptimes.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:07 am

I realize that Face, but that is the series that was mentioned.
Back to top Go down
VVV GGspeed
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
VVV GGspeed

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:20 am

MAKO 6669 wrote:
GGGspeed wrote:
B4D B0Y69 wrote:

Wrong link GGG, here is the correct one: http://www.flrleague.org/t4112-flr-gt3-world-championshiprevived

Hm... i think no one was talking about that tournament Mako becouse:

Turtle wrote this:

I can't respond to whether one or two would dominate. I defer to Bobbo's blog as it is the closest guide to how they compare and guess you would want them tuned to S700?

Then Face responded:
Yeah S700 would be the best bet to get all (or at least most) cars open to be used..

Hm I'd forgotten about Bobbo & his write-ups, I'll have a looky through Smile

So i was assuming badboy wanted to read more about the cars not about some tournament that went dead Smile
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:52 am

You are correct! My mistake Embarassed . Haha.
Back to top Go down
B4D B0Y69

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Yeah, it was to get an idea of some similarly performing cars. I was just reading it when Face Taker posted the cars anyway Razz

Still enjoyed reading it though. I'll have to find time to go through the other blogs, some interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:55 pm

I'll start this week with some testing to give you some help.
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:05 pm

I've got a ton of S class stuff, I can test too if you guys need the help.
Back to top Go down
http://hardluckportal.us/hardluckracing/index.php
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Saweeet! Thanks for the help you guys Smile

By the way, I've looked at the car list in game & found that a few cars listed as Coupes are generally seen in the real world as Supercars. So I'm going to include a few Coupes as "honoury" Supercars..

I need to have another good flick through the cars in-game & find which I'm sure about. Those that I'm not so sure about I will mark & leave for everyone to discuss. Also if you can think of any that I miss, please do make a point heard Smile

I've also come up with an edit or two for the first post, so I'll be updating that shortly.

I have a question for you all now though; would you like to do 3 or 4 short races per night, or 1 or 2 longer ones? I am looking for the total racing time to be about an hour..

Thanks again, to all of you! Smile
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:39 pm

I like the shorter races. Say 10-15 minutes each. But I'll do whaterver the majority wants to do.

I don't see a ZR1 on the list! Wink
Back to top Go down
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Hehe the ZR1 is the reason I'm including Coupes Wink
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:58 am

I'd prefer 4 races of 15 minutes, but i'll also go for whatever the majority chose
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:28 am

The Face Taker wrote:
Hehe the ZR1 is the reason I'm including Coupes Wink

sweet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:42 pm

I may enter this, but before I do, Not to push any buttons or start any arguments with anyone, I know timing has ALOT to do with series in this league, but I originally posted a supercar series that basically showed NO interest in it. So seeing all this interest makes me feel really bummed out because noone showed interest in my Supercar series but you all show interest in this, but I'll be mature about it and just let it slide. Can you send me some tunes for a 458 or a MP4-12c

Last edited by CallMehDaRkSiDe on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Sorry about no one being interested in your one, mate. Kinda makes me feel lucky that this is fairly popular..

I can send you a tune or two, they're only basic with no real changes other than what a calculator gave me.. But you can build your own if you want. RWD, S700, Forza aero. Thats all I'm asking Smile

I'm gonna update the list of cars I've worked on & add a list of non-supercars, that I feel can make a special apearance Smile
Back to top Go down
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:28 am

I've re-written the first post with all the info now Very Happy

I'd just like to ask if we can sort out what times we should do this. Weekends/weekdays/late night(GMT)/afternoons.. When!? Razz

& also what tracks are you guys wanting? Or should I just go for some really nasty ones? *Cough 46 laps of Fugimi!* Wink
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am

LaSarthe, Sunset, Iberian, Road Atlanta, Road America, Motegi, Sebring
Back to top Go down
B4D B0Y69

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Due to the race lengths I can't make Fri or Sat. I can do Sun, from 9pm, right through to about 11-11.30 on Thur (so that'd be starting sometime between 8 and 9pm). Hope that's flexible enough Very Happy

Gamertag: B4DB0Y69
FLR Driver Number: 17
Selected car: F40 (TBC, if that's OK? I'd like to try a few more cars, especially the Miura with a RWD conversion)
Have you paid your entry fee?: Not yet.
What times can you race?: Already stated above.
Do you agree with what I have so far?: So far? Yes. But I have the right to change that.
Track suggestions?: I have a soft spot for Maple. Any config really but I would obviously suggest the long tracks for longer races.
Other Comments: I expect this to be a great series. I hope we get the race times right, as in "most of the people, most of the time". This deserves a good turnout. Cool
Back to top Go down
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Hmm, two popular days would be out of question there..

I was thinking of a Sunday race - R2D & I were online together just before TopGear started the other week & said EUR should be racing on sundays now, because quite alot of EUR members were all online at the same time..

Anyway, How about 9 or 10pm? Its not so late for the main races.. It's just if everyone in the GMT+ timezones can manage being up late on a sunday & if you Americans dont mind racing on a Sunday afternoon >.<
Back to top Go down
The Face Taker
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:49 pm

I have got a vinyl on my storefront now.

Keywords: FLR SCSD Supercar Showdown.

Can you please place this on your car somewhere Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supercar Showdown   Supercar Showdown - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supercar Showdown
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next