Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament

Go down 
+5
SoulTerror08
EZT MAKO 6669
turtletime74
Rockon2dawn
Retpetty
9 posters
AuthorMessage

FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Empty
PostSubject: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:18 am

We simply don't do enough drag racing here in FLR. Unfortunately, drag racing on the leaderboards is somewhat predictable, so to address that we'll have a retro drag race series, pitting some of the best American muscle from the 60s and 70s against each other. I've listed the cars below, with one or two removed from the list:

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
1966 Shelby GT-500KR
1968 Chrysler Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S
1968 Pontiac GTO Hardtop
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-454
1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS-454
1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Hemi
1971 AMC Javelin-AMX
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

You can do all upgrades except engine swaps and drivetrain upgrades. All other mods are fine. The PI limit will be in B Class for all cars, however you need to get there.

To make it more exciting (because drag races go by pretty quickly, obviously) I thought we might be able to do two lengths per week. I've listed the dates and times below. Please post if you're interested:

Week 1: Saturday, June 11 - 4:30PM GMT, 9:30AM PST, 12:30PM EST
1/8 Mile
1/4 Mile

Week 2: Saturday, June 18 - 4:30PM GMT, 9:30AM PST, 12:30PM EST
1/2 Mile
1 Mile

We'll do 3 heats at each length, for a total of six races per weekend. It'll be easy, because you won't have any tracks to memorize or worry about crashing into other cars. Just get the tune right and nail the shift points and you're good to go. Good luck!

Last edited by Dominic Mako on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:42 am

although its unlikely ill be able to attend, if i can make it ill be running the AMC Javelin Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:18 am

Interested in this Smile

If the races last less than half an hour then i should make it as my dinner is any time from 5 to 6 Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:55 am

Sounds grand, I shall attend I think....
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:22 am

Sounds pretty kool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:34 am

I'm up for this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:22 am

Each heat will last less than 20 seconds, plus loading time, so the whole thing will literally be over with in a matter of minutes. That's one of the drawbacks to drag races. They're done pretty quickly. Most of your time will be spent trying to figure out how to tune a drag car to begin with. Good luck getting those rear tires to hook up.

If this event is successful, we can certainly revisit with the same cars, or maybe different themes (ie. FWD asian cars, RWD under 3.0L, etc.).
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:54 am

Just thought I'd point out these dates conflict with the GT3 series. I myself am not a fan of drag racing in the game, but for those that may be interested in both it will present a dilemma.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:42 pm

MAKO - There seems to be two lobbies being set up for the GT3 tournament, so there shouldnt be a problem for most people.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:12 pm

I'd be up for it, but I for sure won't be able to make the first date since we are leaving Michigan on the 12th, the next event probably not either.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Okay den, time to get tuning... *google's how to tune a drag car*
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:48 pm

I apologize as I didn't see the dates for this when I schedule mine and think the times for GMT is wrong. Shouldn't it be 2:30 am GMT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:17 am

You're right, Turtle, I did a copy/paste fail from another post. The GMT is correct, but the NA times were wrong. It's much earlier in NA now. Sorry for the time change on the post. Obviously, this may change who can or cannot make the event.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:17 am

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT OF US GEE EM TIERS?!

I'm not made of win you know
Back to top Go down
Triplel lee
Triplel lee

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 am

I'm in! I hope i can still join?
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm in with the 70 Chevelle.
Back to top Go down
http://hardluckportal.us/hardluckracing/index.php
Retpetty
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Retpetty

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:21 pm

after watching Drive Angry i decided ima change over to the 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Just want to restate in case anyone missed the change that I screwed up the times originally posted for North America. They're updated in the OP now. The GMT is still the same, but please be aware British time is not the same as GMT.

Thanks.

Also, win or lose, I'm driving the Mustang for sure. I've even got a dragster name painted on the side with flames and everything.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Can only make one week, but I'll be racing in a Charger - hopefully I'm not useless at drag racing Razz
Back to top Go down
atownstydwn
atownstydwn

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:56 am

YESSS!! Finally some drag racing action!!

ill be in "The Way"

or in Spanish

El Camino!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:18 pm

It seems unlikely, but in the event we have two lobbies (who knows with connection issues and such) what I'd like to do is have each lobby run their own "event" for both distances. Then the top two finishers from each lobby can try to get together in a 4 car run-off to crown the winner. All of this would be connections willing, of course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:48 am

Don't forget about his event on Saturday. I would hate for all those muscle cars to wither away in your garage!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament   FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FLR Summer Nationals: Retro Drag Race Tournament
Page 1 of 1