Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

So you think you can drive a race car?

Go down 
+5
Placebo Jeffect
bloozmahn
HLR Rokko
turtletime74
EZT MAKO 6669
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

So you think you can drive a race car? Empty
PostSubject: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Well, lets find out! I will be hosting an "expert " race next month. This is something I've been playing around with, and I think it will be fun. The rules are as follows:

A Class, bring any car you would like. No drive train restrictions, but please, no LB S5's and the like.

You may use ABS and any tranny you would like. ALL other assist will be forced off, including the braking line.

Forced cockpit view.

You must turn off the map and the speedometer in your HUD prior to joining the lobby. As I cannot force or monitor this, you will be on the honor system. Please play fair!

Limited damage will be on.

The track will be Road Atlanta, as we are all pretty familiar with this track.

20 laps, can you maintain your focus for that long? No pit required for this one, but pits will be allowed for damage.

I'm shooting for the second or third week of May for this. This will give everyone time to practice. I highly suggest practicing with the AI beforehand. Hopefully I will have a friday night off in that time frame.

There will be a 50,000cr buy in for this one. I will post a vinyl on my SF later.
The Payout will be:
1st-1mil cr
2nd-750,000 cr
3rd-500,000 cr

If this turns out to be a successful event, it will become a regular series, with each race getting progressively harder.

If you think your man enough for this challenge, sign up below!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 pm

What kind of race time is to be expected?
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:39 pm

If you mean total time of the race, probably around 40 mins. Lap times are generally in the mid to low 1:20's. If you mean start time, about 9pm est (GMT-5).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Meant start time. MIGHT be possible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Sounds interesting.

Unfortunately i'll have to give this iteration a pass because of exams, but when it next comes round I should be able to participate.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm in and definitely looking forward to race on home track.
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
http://hardluckportal.us/hardluckracing/index.php
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:50 pm

This sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Placebo Jeffect
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator
Placebo Jeffect

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 pm

was reading an article today that patrick what ever his last name is who runs for porsche was saying that third person view in video games gives the most accurate G view. (i personally use hood or cockpit depending) but just interesting thought i might share that here lol so to be an accurate racer in a video game you would want to use 3rd person pretty interesting
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:55 am

I honestly can't see how he arrived at that conclusion. Does he run along side the car during races? While I've never driven a race car, I have been driving for over 30 years. I have also been watching racing for over 40, and going by the in car camera views they show, the cockpit view is definitely a fairly accurate representation.
Back to top Go down
HLR Rokko
BBR Co-Leader
BBR Co-Leader
HLR Rokko

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:33 pm

I can't use 3rd person. I use bumper cam all the time. Unless Mako's running the room. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://hardluckportal.us/hardluckracing/index.php
Placebo Jeffect
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator
Placebo Jeffect

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:10 pm

haha runs behind the car LOL but no in all seriousness he is talking about the 3rd person view that moves so you can see a. when the car is slipping and the you can estimate the Gs this way and b. in car view in video games he said is unrealistic in the fact that your view is fixed on the point infront of you and in real racing you arnt looking a head of you you look out to the next turn. racing is more of a point and go sport like say skiing and practically every sport you just look where you want to go and your body just naturally does it.
Back to top Go down
Placebo Jeffect
FLR Moderator
FLR Moderator
Placebo Jeffect

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:11 pm

kinda get what im saying? I personally use the cockpit view and recently hooked up my ps3 to the move so i can turn my head and look out the window in gt5 (pretty sweet feature)
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:39 pm

I can kinda see what he's saying, though I still disagree. I use the cockpit view alot myself, and I am not fixed on the point directly in front. I have a good view of the track and am looking to the next corner. Not sure which game he was playing, but I don't think it was Forza.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 pm

This is so off the wall. I will enter depending on day. Expect me in a 512 TR.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:11 pm

I will update this with more info next week as Souls Evo tourney draws to a close and I know my work schedule for the next couple of weeks. I'm almost finished with the vinyl which I will put up sometime next week as well.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:55 pm

I need to start practicing for this
Back to top Go down
bloozmahn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
bloozmahn

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:43 am

i'm possibly in for this, look for an NSX or an F430 probably.
Back to top Go down
Bad0Karma
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Bad0Karma

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:53 am

i may give this a try, some sort of Porsche
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm almost certainly working this week, so we will run this next Friday, the 20th, at 8pm est( GMT-5 ).

There is a cheesy vinyl on my store front labeled Pro Series for the buy-in. Please post when you have paid.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Just a reminder, this is scheduled for this coming Friday!
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Oh jeez, it conflicts with team race so I won't be participating.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:38 am

My race is at 8pm, just so you know.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:30 pm

I'll try to make it. I'll be using my 02 T/A if I do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:47 pm

I have been talked into this series as well Wink

I think I'll drive the Ford GT, but I'll need to get a feel for which car has a decent in-car view before I commit to my weapon of choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So you think you can drive a race car?   So you think you can drive a race car? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So you think you can drive a race car?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next