Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Forza Tuning Calculators

Go down 
+2
EZT MAKO 6669
turtletime74
6 posters
AuthorMessage
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

Forza Tuning Calculators Empty
PostSubject: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Here are 2 poplar calculators used by many.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/post/3200749.aspx
http://www.forzatraders.com/flash/ForzaMotorsport3CarSetupTool.swf
I prefer the ForzaTraders but try both as they each have pluses and minuses. You will need access to spreadsheet to use the calculator on ForzaMotorsport.net

Last edited by turtletime74 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:47 pm

The one at FM.net is the one I've been using recently, and I find it to be excellent. It gives you a great base set up, better than others I have used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:23 pm

I'll give this a try, and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:55 pm

The Spreadsheet one is confusing and more advanced, but sometimes gives a better tune.. it's kind of half and half.

I use the Forzatraders one quickly to test a car, then i compare tunes to see which i prefer
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:00 pm

At first I really liked the spreadsheet tuner, and had recommended it myself.

The ForzaTrader one has been giving everyone more consistent results, though, which is far more important than the random perfect* tunes I was getting from the spreadsheet.

*by perfect I meant they needed very little tweaking to get my silly cornbeef to manage them.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:02 pm

I was using the FM.net one there, but an older release. Some of the tunes it gave me had reallllllly soft suspension settings.
Back to top Go down
Rockon2dawn
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Rockon2dawn

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:23 pm

For me it's 50/50, the forzatraders actually seems to give me a faster tune, but the spreadsheet one from forzamotorsport.net is easier to drive and only just slower.
That's what i noticed when i compared the setups it gave me for my S666 GT3 Car
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Something I didn't figure out til recently is if you click the A button in the forza traders calc you can adjust the settings parameter just like the other tuner and you only loose out on the trans settings which is really easy to figure out.
Back to top Go down
EZT MAKO 6669
PLR Leader
PLR Leader
EZT MAKO 6669

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 pm

soulterror wrote:
I was using the FM.net one there, but an older release. Some of the tunes it gave me had reallllllly soft suspension settings.

Any of the calcs will only give you a "base set up". I found many of the tunes from this one were too stiff for me. This is do to everyone having different driving styles, and liking the cars to "feel" a certain way. Once you start to see how your particular likes differ from the base set up, it becomes easy to adjust for your own style.
Back to top Go down
mr harms
mr harms

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:08 pm

the one on fm.net does pretty well, except for the couple it gave me that the suspension was so soft i actually damaged the suspension by driving it. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza Tuning Calculators   Forza Tuning Calculators Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza Tuning Calculators
Page 1 of 1