Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

and now.......GT3

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Great job everyone, after a few "mishaps," we had a very close race - glad to have Rd. Atlanta behind us as it has always been one of my least favorite tracks. Ohioman, great job in running down the field for the win. Next week is Laguna Seca, which should be interesting to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:33 am

Laguna Seca! Wow I am really need to work on this one. Anyways look forward to racing w/ u guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Great race everyone! I know for me it was the closest race I've ever had. It seemed like 90% of the race was spent between 3 and 300 feet from Pagan. I think we traded the lead 6 times! I will review the replay and add more.

*Wanted everyone's opinion. Pagan and I created this series, mostly Pagan. Fail was there very early on testing the cars to make sure they ran competitively. Both Fail and Pagan missed the 1st two races because of work commintments. My thought was we could run a "make up" race for them to run in so they can be eligable for the series win, since we take the best 4 races. If you want to race and you do well great, it counts, or you can skip it -either way it can't hurt anyone and only help them. I have some tracks in mind, let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:28 pm

It's cool with me as long as it doesn't interfer with any other events.Could also give tuberider a chance to become more comfortable with the Caddy and Ohioman chance to once again dominate the show.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:54 pm

im always keen for more racing

edit: also could someone please send me the replay of last nights race
cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:30 am

awe you guys like us lol, i'm always up for more racing

hill if ya still need it i'll get you the replay sometime soon and sense i boned up and wrecked i got last so it will have everyones finish in it
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:49 am

cheers for the replays guys!
im looking forward to nurburgring now, after tuning the downforce and gears and softening the damping and bump ive gone from a 1:59:5xx that i set racing with you guys after the race last week (the first time racing at this track) to a 1:56:747 and i think i can still shave at least another 0:00:100 off the time when i finish tuning my suspension (i have no idea if this is a good time or not haha). I still cant believe how incredibly bumpy this track is compared the other tracks in the game. Also i can see potential for a maaaaaaaaajor wreck on the first turn haha.

Also since we're going to run another race how about maple vally, sunset full or motegi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:19 pm

That is a strong lap time, good job. The race should be fun, if we make it through the first turn..... I think we'll be holding positions for the first few turns to ensure a clean start and no damage.

We'll talk tonight about time and location for the extra race, exercising my executive authority and nixing Maple Valley before it gets considered. Would like to keep in on a track that actually exists, Sunset is a poor representation of Daytona, but could work. Motegi would be good but i know not everyone is a fan. Other options are Bugatti, Cataluyna, Silverstone (or one of it's shorter versions), etc.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:57 pm

haha yeah i figured we'd be sticking to real tracks, catalunya would be good, ive never raced there in muliplayer, also stoked on my first flr win tonight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 am

sorry i missed the race tonight guys ended up on Riverstreet in Savannah (most here prolly don't know about savannah but they have one of the largest st patty's day parade in the US and is one of the most haunted cities in the US)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Nurburgring GP is done, with a pretty uneventful race. EuroBugg qualified 1st, followed by me then Hillcrest and Turtle. At the start, Eurobugg found race gear for turn 1 which dropped hiim back to 4th. Hillcrest moved into first and we stayed like this for quite a while. We pitted without event, and Eurobugg started his charge toward the lead. He passed Turtle and caught up to me. He would close on the turns and then a little distance would open up on the straights. We were racing very closely until Eurobugg started experiencing some lag issues. This led to his car running into the back of mine as we slowed and entered turn 1. My Corvette suffered 40% rear damage, but I was able to get back on track and finish the race. The outcome for the race was 1. Hillcrest, 2. Stevil, 3. Turtletime, 4. Eurobugg.

**Congratulations to Hillcrest for his 1st win in a tournament race at FLR!!!**
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm

There will not be an extra race for the series, as the intention was for Pagan and Fail to have the opportunity to get 4 races for the points. Since they have missed 3, there is no need for the extra race. The final race will be next Wednesday at Road America.

** Turtle, given the fact the Mustang may be a bit under powered, especially here, if you want to run a different car, let me know and we'll figure something out.**

If you are not going to be able to make this race, please let me know ASAP
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader
turtletime74

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Nah ,it's cool I don't think it's the car it was me last night. I need to watch replay to see where I'm losing time. I only run 2 practice races at the GP before and ran with ya'll in R8 some I'm not familar enough yet with GP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:44 pm

That's cool, I just wasn't sure how the Mustang would do with the long straights at RA compared to the others. If you want to run a practice race, let me know, always love racing on Road America in a Vette.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Get 'em ready boys; the last race is upon us. Road America, fast as hell, not very technical, and completely unforgiving. One mistake and you can lose a lot of positions, fast. Not to mention, if you tag the wall or another car - you're done, as you won't be competitive with aero damage.
If I remember correctly, last time we did a practice here it was insanely close. Let's hope for the same. Let's make sure we all get through this one cleanly. If it's a turn you shouldn't pass in (i.e. Back straight after the sweeper there's that high speed 45 degree right), don't pass. Better to make it through cleanly behind someone with a chance to pass in a better spot than to wreck yourself and the other driver pushing a bad decision.
I don't bring this up because there has been any bad racing thus far, on the contrary, this has been some of the closest, most fun racing I've done in Forza3 and would like to see the last race finish just as the series has gone this far. Just keep in mind how fast Rd. America is with these cars and the margin of error narrows exponentially as speed climbs and distances’ close.
** If you are having connection issues, i.e. lag, please back off from the cars around you to ensure an incident is avoided. (This is not directed at anyone specifically, as we have all experienced lag issues at one point or another.)**
Good luck to everyone and I'll see you in Cheese country for the race.
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Its on for this race stevil, 3 points separating you and me.
You need to finish 4th or worse and i need to finish 2nd or better to at lease tie the series
Turtletime is also an outside chance to take 2nd place or even the win if either of us lag out or crash out.
Just goes to show how close this series has been
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:34 pm

First post is updated with Final Results!!!

The last race at Road America is finished, thus bringing an end to the series. I didn't see what was going on all over the track as I have not seen the replay. But allow me to start by saying congratulations to Eurobugg for securing the win at Road America!!! He got out front early and was to not be challenged. I settled into 2nd with Hillcrest not far benind, follow by Turtle, Fail and Tuberider. Overall, the race was pretty uneventful, and although we weren't right on top of one another, we were only a small mistake away from losing a position or two.

Congratulations to everyone who participated and thank you for your time and efforts. I know I had a great time with this series, and keep your eyes peeled, might be another just around the corner.

Road America Results:

1. Eurobugg 52.45.505
2. Stevil 52.50.496
3. Hillcrest 52.56.661
4. Turtle 53.32.847
5. Fail 53.53.935
6. Tuberider 54.01.701
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and now.......GT3   and now.......GT3 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down