Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Empty
PostSubject: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 am

I was thinking of doing a cross-game tournament.

It is (supposed) to be pretty quickly paced.

Here's my idea.

I WILL NEED A *MATURE* VOLUNTEER TO HOST THE RACE.
I WILL BE HOSTING THE MW2 ROOM.

Before all of this starts, I will have sent out an invite to all of the participants to a private room setup with specific rules. (For MW2).
You do nothing with this invite until after you finish the race in Forza.

We do a Nurburgring type race.

Aston Martins ONLY. I'll work out the details on that. Maybe make everyone drive the same car, but have freedom with the parts/tune.

As you finish the race (1 or 2 laps) quit out of the race, and jump into Modern Warfare 2, this is when you accept the game invite. The game will already be in progress, and I will be waiting. There are possibilities of claymores, C4, etc... I'm a villian, and you only get ONE shot.

I will be hiding in a certain level, or maybe not hiding at all.

You will come into the game with 1 life. I will have 1 life as well.
If you kill each other, tough cornbeef, neither of you get anything.

Whoever kills me first, gets my Aston Martin One-77 (1.8 mill cr, 900k sold to store, plus a ton of upgrades).

So, the quicker you finish, the quicker you get into the game, the better your odds of getting the car. This will NOT be a series. This will be a one time event, and if all goes well, I expect it to take no longer than an hour once it starts.

If people are interested, I will set this up, and workout all of the rules, the track, the car, etc... on my own and simply update you.

If nobody is interested in the car as a prize, let me know what COULD be offered, and I may change it based on interest.

There are 8 slots available for this.
If more than 8 people want to participate, or if any of the EUR people want to participate, but can't because of the time, we can work out a duplicate lobby, and I will provide the prize car, but someone else on the EUR will have to be my stand-in.

THERE IS A 50,000 CR ENTRY FEE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS SHOW-UP INSURANCE. YOU WILL BE REFUNDED AFTER PARTICIPATION IS FULFILLED.

If you do not show up, you do not get reimbursed, and you will not be allowed to participate in any future races hosted by me. (Unless you have a reason, of course.)

I will probably not be racing in the race, there wouldn't be a point to it, expect booby traps once you get into the room.

If I manage to kill everyone, and not die myself, then I will be keeping all of the entry fees. (400k vs 1.8 mill +, fair game)

READ: If I die, you get a refund, and the car is awarded to the person that killed me.
IF I DONT DIE, JAMES BOND SUCKS, IM THE BEST VILLIAN EVER, AND I KEEP YOUR ENTRY FEES!

Last edited by RUMPLEXXXSKIN on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:10 am

Eight James Bonds' vs. one Villain? Sounds easy!

Depending on the time and date I might join. I suck at MW2 on the X360 though (aiming is far too hard with a gamepad Razz).
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am

I'm in Very Happy

Might want to add something about OMA toobs though. Instant DQ maybe?

And, ONE shot? Crap. I'm a sprayer.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:49 am

Sounds fun, I'm down, all depends when you do it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:04 pm

x 8Eleven wrote:
I'm in Very Happy

Might want to add something about OMA toobs though. Instant DQ maybe?

And, ONE shot? Crap. I'm a sprayer.

I thought he meant one shot as in one chance. If it really is one shot, then it'll have to be on hardcore.
Back to top Go down
SoulTerror08
Webmaster
Webmaster
SoulTerror08

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:17 pm

By 1 shot he means you only have 1 life. No respawning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:21 am

I'm in for sure, this is awesome
Back to top Go down
Triplel lee
Triplel lee

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:45 am

haha, cool. Im in Razz I will have to clean my RPD before it jams, whoehahahaha (evil laugh) Sorry. Razz
Back to top Go down
hillcrest34
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
hillcrest34

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 am

count me in rumple
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:27 am

And you say you have your Claymores and C4?

Haha, I use Scrambler Pro, for this one time and only one time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Or sitrep...pro Razz I'm actually gonna try and get it, since I'm 3rd prestige level 70 and I'm sick of prestiging so I'm probably gonna stay at this level. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:16 pm

I'll work out the times and everything after I get the rules solidified. This one won't get stale like the Cat & Mouse proposition, as its too easy and quick to let disappear.

I would like the maximum amount of entries before kicking this off, to make it as competitive as possible.

I will also need a (mature) volunteer to host the race/handle any restarts, I will host the MW2 room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:24 pm

will this be hardcore? i love hardcore mode Razz

i might join in with you guys if i can...
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:48 pm

We're sitting around 5 right now, spread the word. The more the merrier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:54 pm

i can host the race, but i dont have mw2
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:35 pm

I just realised, I'm at a SEVERE disadvantage at the switching part. My xbox doesn't like my MW2 disc and will read it as a DVD 15-20 times before it actually loads as a game. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:56 am

Same as Soulterror on this. Definately interested, Just depends on when. Smile
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:08 pm

THE PROPOSED DATES TO DO THIS TOURNAMENT:
09/04/10
That would be Saturday, the 4th of September, 2010.

09/05/10
That would be Sunday, the 5th of September, 2010.

Keep in mind this shouldn't last much longer than an hour.
I will also need a couple volunteers to do some test runs and see how smoothly it can go.

TIMES TBD (We'll work these out when we get compatible days for everyone)

I will need someone with both games to help me test leaving Forza 3, and then accepting an old Modern Warfare 2 game invite.

Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Saturday will work for me. Not Sunday though.

If you need any testing, just let me know. That was something I was thinking about actually - old invites usually expire after 10 minutes. There should be someone to let you know that the race is almost over (like a minute left) then to start the invites from there, so they don't expire.
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:58 pm

I figured we'd all be in a party anyways, as we probably won't fill all 8 slots.

Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Really? It looks like there's going to be about 9 or 10 participants so far.
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:41 pm

x 8Eleven wrote:
Really? It looks like there's going to be about 9 or 10 participants so far.

It won't be 9 or 10 when it comes time to put up the 50,000 cr.
Trust me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:04 am

Two solutions: Every minute or two, Rumple could spam a party invite (perhaps telling MW2 "seekers" to pause for a quick sec while he does this).
Or B.) as long as he leaves the game open, and is a recent player or friend, you can just as easily view his profile and "Join Session in Progress"

My main concern is with NAT's being open, moderate, or closed. This might cause two specific people to be unable to be in the same race/match. This has been the case MANY times before with some team meets I've been to in the past. This concerns me especially if someone finds out AFTER the buy-in, and can't connect...

Most common solution I've found, is to run directly through the modem and bypass the router...

But yeah, I'd recommend all participants join a lobby with all other participants BEFORE the actual event takes place, to sort out anything beforehand. Smile
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:41 pm

We'll all be in a party.
Communication is a must.

I will be running MW2 scenario rooms tonight when I get home, and probably do more testing tomorrow during the day.

In regards to game invites, timeouts, etc...
My NAT is OPEN, I also have the XBOX added to the DMZ, and all of the ports are forwarded.

As far as my router is concerned, the XBOX has been annexed from safety.

I can't see us needing more than one lobby to do this, however, the timezones may cause a bit of a ruckus.

If we need to start a second lobby, one for EUR, I will donate another car for a prize, but we will need someone to step up and fill my shoes on the EUR side.

This may be a better course of action, anyways, due to the lag factor when connecting across the pond.

Think about it, if anyone not in North America wants to step up and host for a more fitting time, let me know, and we'll work out those details as well.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:53 pm

The only way I see the whole EUR/NA thing working is if we have the times like so:

GMT 0 9-10 pm
GMT-5 4-5 pm
GMT-6 3-4 pm
GMT-7 2-3 pm
GMT+1 10-11 pm
GMT+2 11 pm-12 am
GMT+9 6-7 am
GMT+10 7-8 am

Of course there is always the option of going a bit later, but the later you go, the more it's a stretch for the +1 and the +2 guys. Also, if there's any Pacific guys that want in, they would have to wake up super early. I think anything with NA and Pacific needs two lobbies lol

I'm also really tired, and running on Coke. I might have made a miscalculation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?   Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can YOU be... The 360 James Bond?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community :: Completed Events-
Jump to: