Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community

Race Hard, Clean, and Fair. Have Fun!

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to Finish Line Racing, Guest!
| • • • |
Check out the latest Update! Click Here
| • • • |
Please be sure to read the FLR Offical Acceptable Use Policy!
| • • • |
Please remember to become a fan of FLR on Facebook and follow @FLR_League on Twitter for all news and updates!
| • • • |
If you need any Official FLR decals, just search "FLR" on the storefront!
| • • • |
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Yea, I know - I remember the NO2 like run down on me you did in the first race. We'll miss you, but keep in mind there's the GT3 series as well as at least 3 more that will include this track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Another one down and only 2 left in the Series. Again, 8Eleven practiced his voodoo, although this time in 70 Chevelle SS intstead of the 67 Corvette 427 TriPower, winning the Lucky Strike 13 Laps at Sebring. A pretty clean race, couple of minor incidents. Savage's Xbox decided he shouldn't be racing and he got booted.
I was challenging 8Eleven for a while then he started to pull away after a small repair. 3 laps to go and here comes Pagan, the man on the mission. I did all I could do to thwart his attempt to take 2nd, but alas - he was to fast with his big block Mopar engine. Amazing finish, very typical of many of Pagan and I's races, with us side by side in the last turn, he beat me by .064 seconds. Awsome job Pagan. And great job to all who once again paid homage to the he cars that love to go fast and hate to turn or stop!

Race Results
Position/Driver/Time/Points
1. 8Eleven 32.51.105 9
2. Pagan 32.55.901 7
3. Stevil 32.55.965 6
4. Turtletime 33.12.314 5
5. Rumple 33.29.791 4
6. Tuberider 33.36.535 3**
7. Savage DNF (Connection issues) 2

**Special Congrats to Tuberider, this was his 1st FLR race and he got the car/tune 25 minutes before the race - again welcome and great job.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:52 pm

It was a great race. I held Stevil up for the first few laps as my Chevelle seemed to have brake drums made out of cheese, and the suspension of a waterbed. After the crash, I thought I had mistakenly crossed the start/finish line and tried to turn around, finding out that the turn circle of the Chevelle was much bigger than the track. My drive axle was damaged, but after I fixed it in the pits I seemed to gain a second wind and pulled away. At the end I lost about 5 seconds as I hit the wall coming out of the last turn and almost spun all the way around. May I add, that the ending was bizarre - T10's amazing servers (Rolling Eyes) quit out and deposited us all in our own seperate races but didn't interrupt it.

Can't wait for the Ring.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Does anyone have replay from Camino race. Please send to Turtleime74, I don't have that replay and want to take pics from races.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Turtle, I have it - send me a quick message on XBL, just don't wnat to forget to send it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Just checking in, I know Rumple said he would be there and it looks like Pagan won't be able to, who else is planning on attending Tuesday night race? Wednesday night?
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:02 pm

No Tuesday for me, but I will be at Wednesday's race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:55 pm

I should make the tues and wens races. think i got my connection issues figured out. Actully is my controller, it is dead.
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Get a new one.
Quit spending all your money on Colfax.
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:52 pm

I should be able to make both races.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:25 pm

i'm gonna miss the tuesday race, completley forgot about the Shirners race at the dirt track and we always support that one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:12 pm

RUMPLEXXXSKIN wrote:
Get a new one.
Quit spending all your money on Colfax.

Why would i do that? Although i have found that South Nevada has a better selection and more teeth.

Anyways, looks like i can make one or the other races this week, but prob not both. Something came up last night that i need to take care of today or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:22 pm

The make-up race is complete, and we have the final race of the series tonight. For the make up race, we ran the Speedway at Sunset. The intention was to race in '69 Dodge Charger Daytona's, but not everyone had the DLC, so we instead used C5RZ06's in keeping with the "muscle theme," although a bit newer.
The race went incident free.....oh except for one. One the 1st lap, Savage announced he was on my inside. I saw him there and held my high line as we raced side by side for almost half the track. We cleared turn 3 and about half way through turn 4 when Savage put a tire on the apron, causing his car to launch up the track. Fortunately, my car was there to keep him from going in the wall. After contact, he was able to recover and continue. I however did not share in this recovery "luck." My car hit the wall, spun several times until it flipped up on its side and went sliding - on its side, backwards into the pits. Thus came 24 laps of me seeing only a couple of AI drivers. I wouldn't give this so much attention, but it was the only incident and I get to write the after race "review," therefore I get to make it sound really bad. Actually, it was irrelevant, as my points don't count as I am not eligible to win.

Results:
Position/Driver/Points
1. Turtle 7
2. Savage 6
3. Rumple 5
4, Stevil 4
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Good job all! Sad I couldn't make the race. Congrats for Turtle for winning and putting my first place position in jeopardy. haha, gotta win today's race but it's not gonna be easy.
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Yes,

Due to severe solar flares, some of us were experiencing some technical issues in the make up race make up race.

Hopefully (I don't want to jinx myself here...), tonights race will pan out a little better for me.

Probably not, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:16 pm

I am retireing from this series and forfieting my points due to questoins raised about my car. I admit that changing my rims was a violation of the series rules. There was aboulutely no PI change in Switching between the Cragar SuperSports and American Racing Outlaw2's' I only did it so that I could paint my wheels black to match my livery. This has been the most fun series I have run and I have driven the wheels off of my Charger.

As for the 10HP difference That is simply because when I told Stevil about this tune I only stated that the car had to have full tire upgrade, Stock suspension and Sport weight and brakes. The rest was left for him to fill in, and we obviously did a couple of things different.

Good luck to everyone racing tonight and I am glad that the feedback has been so positive on this series.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:03 am

And now, the write up!

Okay, the starting was a little bit different. Since on the Ring, qualifying for a 4 lap race is pointless, we started random grid order with a 5 second roll off delay, so we didn't have a pileup after that monster straight.

The starting order:

Stevil
Turtle
Me
Rumple
Tuberider
Pagan
Fail

The straight was, as expected pretty uneventful. All of the cars are more or less as fast as each other in the straights. All this changed in the first corners. Stevil used his light car (compared to the rest of us) to get himself a bit of a lead, I slowly crept up on Turtle, pagan had snuck up on Tuberider and was looking for a way past. 2 minutes in, Pagan was past Tuberider and had some room to make up to catch Rumple. I was looking for a way past Turtle who seemed to be having a hard time keeping his Trans Am on the road.

An off granted me 2nd on the back part of the course. With Stevil inexplicably braking on open ground, I had passed him as well. About 3 seconds in my newfound pole position, I hot a curb too hard and my Chevelle tipped over, smacked against a wall, and ended up facing the wrong way. Stevil, maybe a bit distracted by the sight of a big blue Chevelle doing acrobatics on the Ring, went off into the grass. Turtle went off as well to avoid me, who was still trying to find my bearings. When I got facing the right way again, Rumple was less than 300 feet behind me, and Stevil about 2000 feet ahead.

Meanwhile, Pagan had begun to reel in Rumple's Trans Am, and finally pulled off the pass just at the straight. Soon after, Rumple got booted from the race (internet issues). In the second lap, I had passed Turtle and Stevil back, taking a bit longer as I tried my hardest not to roll again, and Fail had gotten past Tuberider.

Until the last lap, we were just hotlapping, but then with a few minutes to go, Turtle seems to have a few consecutive bad offs, and Pagan gets past him.

Final results (done by total time, NOT by placing):

1. x 8Eleven
2. PaganSilverwolf
3. Stevil1399
4. TURTLETIME74
5. FailRacing
6. Tuberider
7. Rumplexxxskin (DNF)
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 am

Yes, I will be moving the router out of the oven and placing it in a more ventilated area.

(After inspecting said router, and noting that the plastic is warping from the heat, I think I may have discovered my issue.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks for the write up 8Eleven! Just to add to his review, the final race of the muscle car series was, by design, the most challenging. 4 laps of the 12.9 mile Green Hell in cars weighing over 3000 pounds with stock suspension and 500+ hp - just as the developers/engineers/builders of the cars/track/game envisioned - yea right.
The race went much like all of the races have gone, relatively incident free. The only major incident was 8Eleven's "county fair like" 70 Chevelle acrobatic routine. He was actually behind me, and I saw him in my mirror closing quickly on the hill - then saw a Chevelle pointing straight up and down about 4-5 feet off the track. My thought was "Oh damn, there's a little breathing room." It took about a lap and 8Eleven was back, this time to pass me - he got by cleanly, then put it up on 2 wheels again and I thought he was going for another ride, but he recovered, pressed on and wasn't seen again until the race was over.
Some amazing lap times were put in by all, 8Eleven in the 8:36's, Pagan in the 8:42's, Turtle put down an 8:47 and I put down an 8:48. (Lesson: the hills of the ring provide quite a challenge to a small block vs. a big block engine.)
Congratulations and thank you to everyone who ran in the race and the series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:54 pm

congrats 8eleven

i never could get a good lap in plus i forgot to adjust the setting on my tv (have to with some of the dark sections of this track) so through a lot of the back half of the track i was driving by looking for the white lines on the very edge of the road so i went off a lot lol
Back to top Go down
turtletime74
BBR Leader
BBR Leader

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:31 am

Congrats X8 on some excellent driving and well deserved win. This was a really fun series and look forward to the next.
Back to top Go down
Toasterr x
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:31 am

I'm actually surprised how compliant the Chevelle was on the Ring. Who knew a 4000+ lb muscle car with no brakes and a waterbed suspension would actually post some decent laptimes? haha

I really had fun in these series, I'm just upset I missed Sidewinder. It sounded like fun. I can't wait for GT3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:08 pm

This was a relly fun series.

Thanks for hosting!

Congrats 8-11
Back to top Go down
Poppa Mo

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm so glad its over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Fun series. Sorry I randomly vanished at the end. Lots of job applications and shenanigans going on. Good job x8!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results   

Back to top Go down

Late 60's Early 70's American Muscle Car Tournament Final Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Finish Line Racing: A Global Forza Racing Community :: Completed Events-
Jump to: